2025 Recruit: Dillan Shaw

1,534 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by calumnus
brevity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dillan Shaw is a 6-7 small forward at Heritage Christian in Northridge, CA. He is ranked #87 by 247 Sports and #114 in the On3 industry average. According to 247's Brandon Jenkins, he lists Cal as one of his 4 finalists, along with Loyola Marymount, Nevada, and Saint Mary's.

The 247 Sports timeline says that Shaw made an official visit to Cal on October 5.

I found a highlight video of Heritage Christian's 75-57 semifinal loss to St. Anthony in their division tournament last February. (According to a recap from the Los Angeles Daily News, Shaw had a game-high 17 points. He's in the white #1 jersey.)

brevity
Dillan Shaw will announce his destination this Monday (October 14) at 2pm PT, with a livestream on 247 Sports.

247 Sports also has an article today where Shaw discusses each finalist.

California: "I liked the facilities and how I would always be able to get in the gym. I liked the weight room coach. I will be with him and he will help develop me to get to the next level. Coach Madsen is a great guy who listens to his players. He is starting to rebuild the program to being one of the best schools. They want someone who can impact their team and help them win the NCAA Tournament."

The weight room coach factor is pretty important; he brings it up for Loyola Marymount, Nevada, and Saint Mary's as well.

BC Calfan
Looks like a 3 level scorer with nice size.

kc1121
St Mary's
brevity
kc1121 said:

St Mary's
So it is. The announcement video I posted above is now a replay.

After the decision, Brandon Jenkins of 247 Sports reported that Shaw is not only the first recruit in the 2025 cycle to commit to Saint Mary's, but also the "highest ranked prospect to commit to the Gaels in the recruiting database era".
calumnus
brevity said:

kc1121 said:

St Mary's
So it is. The announcement video I posted above is now a replay.

After the decision, Brandon Jenkins of 247 Sports reported that Shaw is not only the first recruit in the 2025 cycle to commit to Saint Mary's, but also the "highest ranked prospect to commit to the Gaels in the recruiting database era".

He will be nearby. Maybe we will get him in a couple years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.