#301: MBB Worst Ever After Losing To Second Worst Team By 20+: Is Jim Knowlton Awake?

1,399 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cal8285
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ccajon2
I'm ready to see WJ get fired no sense in keeping him anymore he is not the answer and we've the next eight months to find a replacement for him.
RJABear
It has a been a while since I read Wyking's contract. IIRC it was a guaranteed five year deal at $1myn per year. The buyout is the full contract.

Not sure when each year rolls off. It appears that We have to come up with the $3 million buyout and a new package to attract a better staff.

I expect the AD has counted his votes and knows how much money we have for MBB. Want something to change ? Write a big check.
TheFiatLux
RJABear said:

It has a been a while since I read Wyking's contract. IIRC it was a guaranteed five year deal at $1myn per year. The buyout is the full contract.

Not sure when each year rolls off. It appears that We have to come up with the $3 million buyout and a new package to attract a better staff.

I expect the AD has counted his votes and knows how much money we have for MBB. Want something to change ? Write a big check.

Not that it matters at this point...

but what I think was really the last nail in the coffin for Braun was an empty Haas for that NIT game againt New Mexico. An announced crowd of 1,906 sent shock waves through the admin and the fault was exposed. That was the fans' way of saying "enough!"

I suspect that will be pretty glaring for the rest of the game, starting with Colorado next Thursday.
Cal8285
TheFiatLux said:

RJABear said:

Not that it matters at this point...

but what I think was really the last nail in the coffin for Braun was an empty Haas for that NIT game againt New Mexico. An announced crowd of 1,906 sent shock waves through the admin and the fault was exposed. That was the fans' way of saying "enough!"

I suspect that will be pretty glaring for the rest of the game, starting with Colorado next Thursday.
It wasn't the crowd for the NIT game that was the coffin, it was the Ohio St. game. It is hard to get a decent sized crowd in for an NIT game that is scheduled on short notice, nobody has tickets until the game gets scheduled, and nobody really cares about the NIT.

It isn't so hard to get the team to perform like it cares, which it failed to do vs. Ohio St.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.