Is Brown gone?

2,788 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ducky23
GoCalBears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grace is leaving Cal and was his recruiter. Will Brown instead go to Vandy?

On October 1, 2018 Grace landed Joel Brown as a Cal commit, the number 4 ranked player in Canada (from Toronto), and the number 12 ranked PG in the class of 2019 according to 247Sports. [url=https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/02/joel-brown-to-cal/][/url]https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/02/joel-brown-to-cal/"

Say goodbye to Brown? From the zag article: "Brown selected the Bears over Clemson, Minnesota, and Vanderbilt.

"I've decided to commit to Cal because they've made me a priority," Brown told ZAGSBLOG. "Coach [Wyking] Jones and Coach [David] Grace did a great job communicating with me, my family and high school coach. We were all on the same page. They came to school on a day I didn't have workouts to speak to me about my future at Cal and what Cal has to offer."
KoreAmBear
Sure looks like it.
EricBear
Staff
KoreAmBear said:

Sure looks like it.

Not what I'm hearing.
BC Calfan
According to verbal commits they have 4-star pg Scottie pippen jr coming in for 2019 and 2 sophomore 3 star pgs as well.
parentswerebears
This offseason is so fluid. It's crazy.
KoreAmBear
EricBear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Sure looks like it.

Not what I'm hearing.
Really? Seemed like he was already going sideways, and now with Grace landing at Vandy?
KoreAmBear
BC Calfan said:

According to verbal commits they have 4-star pg Scottie pippen jr coming in for 2019 and 2 sophomore 3 star pgs as well.
We would probably get Luc Longley Jr.
GoCalBears
BC Calfan said:

Per ESPN "A 6-foot-1 point guard out of Sierra Canyon High School (California), Pippen Jr. is considered a four-star prospect by ESPN. He played for the Oakland Soldiers on the Nike EYBL circuit last spring and summer, averaging 15.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists over the 23-game season. Pippen Jr. also racked up 1.1 steals per game, while making just over 30 percent of his 3-point attempts."

Did Jones and crew try recruiting Pippen Jr.? His offers are not impressive...WSU was the only P12 to offer. Why such low offers for a 4* with a famous name.
upsetof86
Maybe grades were more like his assist avg rather than his rb avg?
ducky23
KoreAmBear said:

BC Calfan said:

We would probably get Luc Longley Jr.

Dude at this point I'd be happy with bill wennington jr
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.