Real information

9,786 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearGreg
bearchamp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it possible to get some real information about basketball posted???
parentswerebears
Only from the 70s and back.
Big C
Read the new article about Cal Baptist!!!
Northside91
bearchamp said:

No one has "real information", but if you want long-winded opinions about how Fox is a mistake and Cal would win an NC with Dennis Gates, this is the place for you.
HoopDreams
saw singer, roger and domingo at the football game
south bender
Did you talk to them?

Are any or all of them playing somewhere?
oskidunker
The real information is the team is being better coached, is in better condition and will play harder on defense. The offense will finally have sone structure with screens being set and shooters getting shots instead of the last person getting the ball heaving it up from three point range.

This should translate into more wins.
Go Bears!
HoopDreams
south bender said:

Did you talk to them?

Are any or all of them playing somewhere?

I was going to but thought they were in their own conversation so didn't want interrupt them
Pigskin Pete
HoopDreams said:

And that's your BI real information.
HoopDreams
Pigskin Pete said:

HoopDreams said:

And that's your BI real information.

Yes. And it's free!
KoreAmBear
Tragic Bronson alert -- Don Coleman plays hero ball.
philbert
Northside91 said:

bearchamp said:

No one has "real information", but if you want long-winded opinions about how Fox is a mistake and Cal would win an NC with Dennis Gates, this is the place for you.
Wait, did someone really post that?
parentswerebears
As proven by the contents of this thread, there is no information.
SFCityBear
In the era of the Wyking, no news might be good news. However, I hope we don't get into a situation like we have with Wilcox, where he is not very revealing about much that we'd like to know. Fox has a lot on his plate to get started at his new job, and he is probably hard at it. I would not expect to hear much until practicing actually begins for real. Last season that was Sept 28, I believe, and this year may be the same. So we should be hearing something in 2-3 weeks, I'd guess. At some point, they have to start hyping the season.
Intuit
The hype for the up coming Basketball team and season has begun on the Cal Basketball Instagram account.

Action pictures taken during practice featuring the players and coaching staff are now regularly appearing.

Go Bears!
Harborview
SFCityBear
Intuit said:

The hype for the up coming Basketball team and season has begun on the Cal Basketball Instagram account.

Action pictures taken during practice featuring the players and coaching staff are now regularly appearing.

Go Bears!
Thanks for this.

I'd also like to hear reports on the health of players who last we heard were dealing with an injury or rehabilitation from an injury: Gordon, Thorpe, and Klonaris.
bearfan93
i think Sam hung em up after giving it a go in Israel.

saw him in the SF Financial District in work attire a couple weeks ago

think Domingo is still playing overseas somewhere
KoreAmBear
SFCityBear said:

Intuit said:

Go Bears!
Thanks for this.

I'd also like to hear reports on the health of players who last we heard were dealing with an injury or rehabilitation from an injury: Gordon, Thorpe, and Klonaris.
If it's anything like football, good luck!
SFCityBear
bearfan93 said:

OT........

What is "work attire" in the SF Financial District these days? Last time I ventured down there, I walked 3 blocks down Montgomery St and didn't see a single coat and tie. Saw some jeans. Distinguishing the college grads from the construction workers is becoming a challenge.
stu
SFCityBea said:

Distinguishing the college grads from the construction workers is becoming a challenge.
Look at the shoes. You can't do construction work in stylish shoes.
SFCityBear
stu said:

SFCityBea said:

Distinguishing the college grads from the construction workers is becoming a challenge.
Good point, though I don't remember seeing too many in stylish shoes. Some of the women, of course, but many women I saw were in sneakers. Some of them were out for a lunchtime run in running shoes. Several of the men were in sneakers too. I'm sure the sneakers were all very stylish. And they go well with jeans,
mikecohen
stu said:

SFCityBea said:

According to Iceberg Slim, that's how prostitutes could distinguish possibly dangerous customers
59bear
SFCityBear said:

stu said:

SFCityBea said:

Good point, though I don't remember seeing too many in stylish shoes. Some of the women, of course, but many women I saw were in sneakers. Some of them were out for a lunchtime run in running shoes. Several of the men were in sneakers too. I'm sure the sneakers were all very stylish. And they go well with jeans,

Most athletic shoes these days cost as much or more than what most of us fossils would think of as "suitable office footwear".
bearister
SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

What is "work attire" in the SF Financial District these days? Last time I ventured down there, I walked 3 blocks down Montgomery St and didn't see a single coat and tie. Saw some jeans. Distinguishing the college grads from the construction workers is becoming a challenge.
Just got back from Canada. Everyone wearing suits and ties. I wonder if that is why all the stuff works in Canada?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
stu
Quote:

Just got back from Canada. Everyone wearing suits and ties. I wonder if that is why all the stuff works in Canada?
I haven't noticed that in Vancouver. East/West thing?

BTW is Trudeau still using black shoe polish?
bearister
stu said:

Quote:

I haven't noticed that in Vancouver. East/West thing?

BTW is Trudeau still using black shoe polish?

In Toronto and Montreal. Lots of breakfast meetings in our hotels and everyone was suited up. I hope Trudeau sacks up and lets the voters decide.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
SFCityBear
59bear said:

SFCityBear said:

stu said:

SFCityBea said:

Most athletic shoes these days cost as much or more than what most of us fossils would think of as "suitable office footwear".
Absolutely right. I had a stress test scheduled at the cardiologist's, and the nurse told me to wear my running shoes, and I didn't have any. Made a trip to "On the Run" shoe store, and the salesperson spent hours with me and I came out of there with running shoes with inserts to support my arches, the best running shoes I ever owned, better than the shoes I ran in as a runner. $200 +
SFCityBear
mikecohen said:

stu said:

SFCityBea said:

According to Iceberg Slim, that's how prostitutes could distinguish possibly dangerous customers
Whoa! Iceberg Slim. Boy, does that take me back. After Berkeley, I read a lot of trash. At that time, girls were all into feminism, so if any one of them ever caught me reading a copy of "Pimp", I'd have been ostracized, and deservedly so.
SFCityBear
bearister said:

SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

Except for the national healthcare system.
rkt88edmo
SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

FiDi is half software these days. And most places that were business in the 00s went to biz casual and now that has become even more relaxed as the standards of tech bleed over into the surroundings. So I'd say half biz cas, half totally casual.
59bear
rkt88edmo said:

SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

FiDi is half software these days. And most places that were business in the 00s went to biz casual and now that has become even more relaxed as the standards of tech bleed over into the surroundings. So I'd say half biz cas, half totally casual.
We went full casual the last few years I worked in Seattle (late '90s). No tees, jeans or tennies but polos, khakis and Sperry Topsiders were OK in office. I kept a coat, dress shirt and tie there in case I had to make an unanticipated outside client call. Quite a change from the early part of my career when many firms mandated white shirts only, suits (no sport coats), even hats in some locales.
SFCityBear
rkt88edmo said:

SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

Thanks to you and everyone for educating me on the latest. As an engineer, a long sleeved shirt and tie was mandated for most of my career when in the office. I remember working on construction sites in the mud and muck for a couple years, but then got a job working for Bechtel in the financial district. I went to the interview in a leather jacket, and I didn't own a suit, white shirt or a tie. The engineers didn't mind, but the secretaries treated me like a dog. Couldn't get a date. With my first paycheck, I went out and bought some slacks, shirts and ties and jackets. Around 2005, I had been out of work for a while, and had no idea what to wear for the job interview in Walnut Creek. I went with the coat and tie. They hired me and told me, "SFCB, the first thing to do is lose the tie." After a couple years the company went bankrupt, but the client, Genentech, hired me to work on the construction site of the plant we had designed, and make sure it was built right and start up the first time we threw the switch. On that job I was back in boots and hard hat, while the Genentech managers were in long sleeved shirts and slacks, no jeans. Their engineers were in jeans sometimes. I was lucky perhaps to be in a career where I was comfortable in either coat and tie or boots and hard hat.

I may be looking for some consulting work again, possibly in the financial district. What does one wear to a job interview there? Any help is appreciated.
mikecohen
SFCityBear said:

mikecohen said:

stu said:

SFCityBea said:

Whoa! Iceberg Slim. Boy, does that take me back. After Berkeley, I read a lot of trash. At that time, girls were all into feminism, so if any one of them ever caught me reading a copy of "Pimp", I'd have been ostracized, and deservedly so.
Au contraire (to the prevailing disapprobation): Slim is recognized as a seminal (forgive the pun) and powerful force in American letters, of great literary value. The touchstones [although he, personally, cannot be said to spring (I guess one just can't avoid the puns, given the nature of his subject matter) from them] are Jean Genet and William Burroughs.
mikecohen
SFCityBear said:

bearister said:

SFCityBear said:

bearfan93 said:

OT........

Except for the national healthcare system.
You seem like an intelligent chap. Perhaps you might not mind expounding on the deficiencies of the Canadian Healthcare system, since what I know of it is that the founder of it is a national hero there; and people who have experienced (and/or lived under) both that system and the American system find it hard to understand how Americans can continue to tolerate such a comparatively barbaric and grossly inefficient system as prevails here.
k9dog1
"and people who have experienced (and/or lived under) both that system and the American system find it hard to understand how Americans can continue to tolerate such a comparatively barbaric and grossly inefficient system as prevails here."

Not sure if I buy that statement as I have cousins who live in Canada and have vacation home in Arizona. They tell me all the time how they prefer the US healthcare system. But hey to each his own.

Go Bears!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.