Jalen Coleman-Lands

2,385 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HotSauce23
HotSauce23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi everyone I'm new to this Forum. I've been a Cal B-ball fan since I was in Jr. High. I spend a lot of time reading about the team on this forum so I decided to post. With that out of the way let's talk about next grad transfer recruit Jalen Coleman-Lands from DePaul. This is an article about him I stumbled upon when I was searching for news about Michael Flowers. Looks like he has Cal in his list. Here is the link:
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/10/ncaa-basketball-analyzing-depaul-transfer-jalen-coleman-lands-5-finalists/
Intuit
Thanks - a good article - particularly enjoyed the discussion how Coleman-Lands would fit in the other situations he is considering.

Anyone reading the Coleman-Lands article should also go to the right margin and open the article on Flowers. All the potential or probable outcomes of the Cal Flowers/ Coleman-Lands saga are presented pretty effectively.
SFCityBear
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the information.

I see that Coleman-Lands is only a perimeter shooter, and did have a drop off in his shooting percentage from his time at Illinois to his time at DePaul. I would wonder if the hand injury, which occurred at DePaul, affected his shooting. He did play in the Big Ten and the Big East, so he might be better able to compete in the PAC12 than his predecessor, Kareem South, who had played in the Southland Conference was able to do. I would also wonder what kind of a defender he has been, as we need better defense on the perimeter.

I think we have strengthened our perimeter shooting with Betley and Celestine, and maybe even Hyder, so I think our biggest need is still a very good point guard, who might stay 4 years, or a very good big who could do the same. If we can't get either one, then, as they say, "You can't have enough good shooters," so we could take a chance on Coleman-Lands.
HoopDreams
HotSauce23 said:

Hi everyone I'm new to this Forum. I've been a Cal B-ball fan since I was in Jr. High. I spend a lot of time reading about the team on this forum so I decided to post. With that out of the way let's talk about next grad transfer recruit Jalen Coleman-Lands from DePaul. This is an article about him I stumbled upon when I was searching for news about Michael Flowers. Looks like he has Cal in his list. Here is the link:
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/10/ncaa-basketball-analyzing-depaul-transfer-jalen-coleman-lands-5-finalists/
welcome to the board (as a poster now)

great article and best analysis I've seen on his options

if he wants to come out to the west coast then USC will be a tough competitor as they will likely get to the ncaa tournament, where as Cal only has a shot to do so
HotSauce23
Hey thank you to everyone for the greetings. These rebuilding eras take a lot of our patience sometimes, but watching the Bears last year was pretty fun. Especially with how we stepped up the defense and didn't back down in Pac-12 play. With no March Madness this year it's going to be a long offseason. So, I hope I can keep you all entertained in the meantime.

Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.