Washington & Jefferson

5,564 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Berkeley City Council has just decided to rename George Washington elementary school as well as the Thomas Jefferson elementary school. The new names have not been revealed. Current names being mentioned as possibilities include Whoopie Goldberg, Oprah, Mario Savio, Ice Cube, and Al Sharpton. Of course. Of course, some folks dispute the conclusions of Darwin. They will cite this as an example. Couldn't resist. and, yes, this is a basketball article. Oprah was a point guard in grammar school and Whoopie was a walk-on on her fourth grade CYO team. .
KoreAmBear
helltopay1 said:

The Berkeley City Council has just decided to rename George Washington elementary school as well as the Thomas Jefferson elementary school. The new names have not been revealed. Current names being mentioned as possibilities include Whoopie Goldberg, Oprah, Mario Savio, Ice Cube, and Al Sharpton. Of course. Of course, some folks dispute the conclusions of Darwin. They will cite this as an example. Couldn't resist. and, yes, this is a basketball article. Oprah was a point guard in grammar school and Whoopie was a walk-on on her fourth grade CYO team. .
I vote for Sean Harrell.
helltopay1
How about Mike Williams???Just kidding..Stop throwing tomatoes and eggs. poor Mike..I was more qualified to swim the Atlantic Ocean non-stop than he was to be the AD at Cal.
BeachedBear
I heard that the State of Washington is going to change its name to Tubmania.
joe amos yaks
I propose Daniel Ellsberg, Rita Moreno, Steve Wozniak, Dorothea Lange, Daniel Kahneman . . . and Billy McBride.
bearister
KoreAmBear said:

...I vote for Sean Harrell.

He fails the minimum threshold test for consideration: The ability not to get stripped of the ball in three consecutive offensive possessions after inbounding against the full court press.*

*KAB, you wagered a $1000 I would touch that one. Will wire funds.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
KoreAmBear
bearister said:

KoreAmBear said:

helltopay1 said:

I vote for Sean Harrell.

He fails the minimum threshold test for consideration: The ability not to get stripped of the ball in three consecutive offensive possessions after inbounding against the full court press.*

*KAB, you wagered a $1000 I would touch that one. Will wire funds.
Haha. We have a history of walk-on PGs (I believe Sean was):

Sean Harrell, AJ Diggs, Martin Smith, Brandon Smith. Am I missing anyone the last 30 years?
MSaviolives
helltopay1 said:

I will recuse myself due to conflict of interest
bearister
MSaviolives said:

...I will recuse myself due to conflict of interest

helltopay1 thinks that means strangling your barnyard bird.
helltopay1
Dear Olives: Come on man---what "conflict of interest/". For barrister---I think you said something funny, but I'm not sure.
MSaviolives
bearister said:

MSaviolives said:

Hey as long as I recuse myself in the privacy of my room (and, as they say--don't do it outside and scare the horses) it's none of your business.
smh
just guessing, folks accidentally Scaring Horses aren't doin anything right.

(humanely staged) wild wild west film stunts go here
SFCityBear
joe amos yaks said:

I propose Daniel Ellsberg, Rita Moreno, Steve Wozniak, Dorothea Lange, Daniel Kahneman . . . and Billy McBride.
OK. I give up. What is the common thread that ties all these people together? (Believe me, I searched hard for the answer)
joe amos yaks
SFCityBear said:

joe amos yaks said:

OK. I give up. What is the common thread that ties all these people together? (Believe me, I searched hard for the answer)

They are all Berkeley persons / characters.
SFCityBear
joe amos yaks said:

SFCityBear said:

joe amos yaks said:

They are all Berkeley persons / characters.
Thank you. I guess it should have been obvious. I will sleep tonight.
joe amos yaks
SFCityBear said:

joe amos yaks said:

SFCityBear said:

joe amos yaks said:

They are all Berkeley persons / characters . . . (edit) of impact on their profession.
Thank you. I guess it should have been obvious. I will sleep tonight.
bearister
MSaviolives said:

bearister said:

MSaviolives said:

Hey as long as I recuse myself in the privacy of my room (and, as they say--don't do it outside and scare the horses) it's none of your business.

wifeisafurd
helltopay1 said:

Is this an Onion thing?
helltopay1
Dear wife: grilled or raw?
wifeisafurd
helltopay1 said:

Dear wife: grilled or raw?
The Onion usually isn't too raw, just funny.
Eastern Oregon Bear
helltopay1 said:

Very very overdue. They should have taken Washington & Jefferson off the schools after they held us to a scoreless tie in the 1922 Rose Bowl.
helltopay1
I think you were penalized 15 yards if you threw a pass. So--every play was a running play. Eleven players on defense destroying the ball-carrier on every play.
bearmanpg
I would vote for "Theodore John Kaczynski Elementary School"....He definitely made an impact in America and he has a good basketball nickname.....
upsetof86
Why not abolitionists like Frederick Douglass and Harriett Beacher Stowe? I have to say I always loved Rita Moreno, ageless beauty and more.

SFCityBear
upsetof86 said:

Why not abolitionists like Frederick Douglass and Harriett Beacher Stowe? I have to say I always loved Rita Moreno, ageless beauty and more.

I'm not sure Fredrick Douglass would be acceptable in Berkeley. He once said, "The Republicans, they never do enough for us. But the Democrats, they kill us." Probably in reference to the guys in white nightshirts and hoods who did bad things with ropes and matches.
oskidunker
Who cares. I don't.
Go Bears!
smh
upsetof86 said:

I have to say I always loved Rita Moreno, ageless beauty and more.
from her imdb page https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001549/
Quote:

One (of 15) "EGOT"s, winning each of four major awards: Emmy '77 , Grammy '72, Oscar '62 and Tony '75. Moreno held the record winning in the shortest time

featured soon on a channel near you ..
Quote:

Rita Moreno: The Girl Who Decided to Go for It
Documentary | Pre-production
A look at the life and work of Rita Moreno from her humble beginnings in Puerto Rico to her success on Broadway and in Hollywood
> with Lin-Manuel Miranda and Norman Lear
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
She shagged Brando and The King.

Inside Rita Moreno's Eight-Year Affair with Marlon Brando

https://news.amomama.com/157431-inside-rita-morenos-eight-year-affair-ma.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.amomama.com/amp/157431-inside-rita-morenos-eight-year-affair-ma.html
smh
thanks for the backgrounders
helltopay1
did Marlon turn gay before or after Rita??
smh
h2p1 perma block'd
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Not gay. Bisexual. It doubled his chances of getting a date on Saturday night.*

*By Woody Allen
smh
bearister said:

*By Woody Allen
then Woody Allen is perma blocked too
# lifetime achievement award

helltopay1
smh: please google Brando bio---read Scotty Bowers' book..
senorbeta
helltopay1 said:

"Turn gay?" Really?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.