Larry Scott should be fired for not having a streaming option

1,947 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oskidunker
Post removed:
by user
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford Jonah said:

Was going to try to watch the basketball game today on my Amazon Fire stick, but after downloading the Pac 12 Now app and then getting the free preview for Sling with the sports package and not being able to figure out how to set it up, I just gave up. Too bad cause it looks like it was a good game too.

How does he still have a job? Ridiculous severance package?
Not only should it be easy to use, they should also be archiving games on their cloud for anyone to watch on their device when they want. I didn't think we could do worse than Tom Hansen. Apparently the league is talented that way -- we find ways.
calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

Stanford Jonah said:

Was going to try to watch the basketball game today on my Amazon Fire stick, but after downloading the Pac 12 Now app and then getting the free preview for Sling with the sports package and not being able to figure out how to set it up, I just gave up. Too bad cause it looks like it was a good game too.

How does he still have a job? Ridiculous severance package?
Not only should it be easy to use, they should also be archiving games on their cloud for anyone to watch on their device when they want. I didn't think we could do worse than Tom Hansen. Apparently the league is talented that way -- we find ways.

+1,000,000
Big Dog
Larry should be fired for incompetence. (a streaming option is a minor detail)
oskidunker
A streaming option even with a fee would degenerate the paid by tv ie Dish, comcast etc. it is not allowed per their contract. You will bever get free streaming of Cal sports. Its a business. That being said, I am not a fan of LarryScott
Go Bears!
Post removed:
by user
oskidunker
So you favor breaking existing contracts before they expire?
Go Bears!
59bear
Big Dog said:

Larry should be fired for incompetence. (a streaming option is a minor detail)
+1!
Cal8285
oskidunker said:

Not that I'm in favor of breaking any particular contract at this moment, but in a sense, contracts were meant to be broken, if it maximizes the overall economic benefit of the parties.

The damages awarded for breach are intended to put the non-breaching party in the economic position it would have been in if the contract had been fulfilled. If a party is better off by breaching and paying those damages, then yes, the contract should be breached before it expires, that maximizes the economic benefit for both parties, for society.

Because we want the maximum economic benefit for society, penalty clauses for breaches are generally void. Liquidated damages clauses are allowed where actual damages are difficult to determine and the damages clause is a reasonable estimate of the damages for breach.

I think there would be great economic benefit to firing Larry Scott before his contract expires, no matter how much the conference has to pay, whether for breach or a buy-out amount in his contract. I'm in favor. OK, I lied, I am in favor of breaking a particular contract at this moment.

calumnus
oskidunker said:

A streaming option even with a fee would degenerate the paid by tv ie Dish, comcast etc. it is not allowed per their contract. You will bever get free streaming of Cal sports. Its a business. That being said, I am not a fan of LarryScott

Larry negotiated those contracts.

The next agreement should be for live broadcast rights with the content then available for replay streaming later (can be fee based but is also supported by ads). It would be an additional revenue stream that the broadcasters are not availing themselves of anyway.

This goes double for those of us who do not live in the areas served by the US satellite or major cable providers, why not let us watch the PAC-12 Network games streaming for a fee?
stu
oskidunker said:

Who wasn't in favor of breaching Wyking Jones' contract?
bearmanpg
stu said:

oskidunker said:

Who wasn't in favor of breaching Wyking Jones' contract?
One extremely vocal BI poster was against getting rid of Jones.....No names mentioned as we all know who it is....
concordtom
oskidunker said:

Augmenting!!!!!
concordtom
Stanford Jonah said:

Larry Scott should be fired for not having a streaming option
I'm with you.
The online option for Pac sports has been TERRIBLE!!!!
for years
BigDaddy
He should be fired because Scientology got their channel onto DirectTV before the Pac-12 Network.
“My tastes are simple; I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill
dimitrig
BigDaddy said:

He should be fired because Scientology got their channel onto DirectTV before the Pac-12 Network.

Scientology knows a lot more about marketing than the Pac-12. That's no surprise.

oskidunker
Apple tv pac 12 app not working well. When you exit the app or click menu it takes you back to the apple tv main menu. Other apps do not do this. So you have to force close the pac 12 app to get back to pac 12 menu. Emailed pac12. No response. It did not used to do that. Flame away and post your jokes.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.