Arizona imposes a one year postseason ban on itself

2,535 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stanford Jonah
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How the donut boy is still employed is beyond crazy to me.

stu
For 2020-21, which is a lost season anyway?
joe amos yaks
Smash the donut.
BearSD
"certain former members of the men's basketball staff" -- That's "members", plural, i.e., Pasternack as well as Richardson

Also at least one current member of the men's basketball staff, of course...
HoopDreams
Interesting they announce this in a COVID season and after they dropped out of bracketology projections
superbear99
If a one year ban from the post season suffices as a penalty in this, a non year, then they were smart to be the lying, cheating, sacks of garbage that they are.
SFCityBear
They will not be missed by many in the Bay Area at least.
SFCityBear
KoreAmBear
stu said:

For 2020-21, which is a lost season anyway?
Yah everything they do is self-serving, just like Oregon basketball.
annarborbear
If this goes through, the only question will be how much recruits will be seeking in payoffs in future. You can buy a whole team and then sit out one year of the tournament if your alumni can afford it.
upsetof86
BearSD said:

"certain former members of the men's basketball staff" -- That's "members", plural, i.e., Pasternack as well as Richardson

Formerly "our" Joe Pasternack? The guy Monty endorsed as his successor? What errors in judgement? Sorry havent been following this if someone can point to an article.
philbert
upsetof86 said:

BearSD said:

Formerly "our" Joe Pasternack? The guy Monty endorsed as his successor? What errors in judgement? Sorry havent been following this if someone can point to an article.
Pretty sure Monty endorsed Decuire. Joe was on Braun's staff and got a HC job at
new Orleans before ending up as an assistant at UofA.
upsetof86
Ah yes Decuire, thanks for reminding me.
Cal8285
Good ol' Pasternack. Once know hereabouts simply as the "video guy." Also Braun's Internet forums "enforcer." And Roxy Bernstein's brother-in-law.

But since 2012, mostly known around here as the "kicker" for what he did to Jorge from the bench. Not sure we should expect anything else from a guy who served as a student manager for Bobby Knight at IU. When your former role model is a guy who chokes his own player, kicking an opponent is nothing.

UCSB seemed confident he was innocent when they hired him, and he has so far dodged bullets, even if when there's smoke there's usually fire.
KoreAmBear
Cal8285 said:

Good ol' Pasternack. Once know hereabouts simply as the "video guy." Also Braun's Internet forums "enforcer." And Roxy Bernstein's brother-in-law.

But since 2012, mostly known around here as the "kicker" for what he did to Jorge from the bench. Not sure we should expect anything else from a guy who served as a student manager for Bobby Knight at IU. When your former role model is a guy who chokes his own player, kicking an opponent is nothing.

UCSB seemed confident he was innocent when they hired him, and he has so far dodged bullets, even if when there's smoke there's usually fire.
I remember the posters who gave him the nickname "video kid," and they were right that he deserved that nickname after all. I also remember they had this weird fascination with Donte Smith and felt like he didn't get enough PT from Braun. Their rallying cry was "Donte, Section 8 has your back!"
MilleniaBear
Donut boy needs a "do not hire" penalty. And UofA kept him employed after they knew of his mis-doings so the proposed penalties by the NCAA need to reflect that. They should have cleaned house back when the allegations first surfaced. Failure to police yourself is CONTINUED Lack of Insitutional Control.
HearstMining
Arizona self-imposing a ban reminds me of a scene from Blazing Saddles where Cleavon Little holds a gun on himself as a way of escaping his antagonists. Hilarious, but the language is not up to current standards, so I won't post a link.
Big C

Stupid U of A should've self-imposed a TWO YEAR ban, beginning retroactively last season. No way the NCAA would increase a two-year ban!
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.