Kayla Williams

2,231 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wbbilluminati
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been keeping tabs on this mid-major PG and LA product who just announced she's entering the portal out of UC Irvine.

I'd love to see her at Cal.

Unsure if she'd be immediately eligible or sit out a year, she just finished her RS sophomore szn after redshirting due to injury her freshman year, so 2 years eligibility left.

Solid averages:
21-22 - 15.5ppg, 4.2 apg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 spg, 68 3-pointers (34%)
20-21 - 14.4 ppg, 4.1 apg, 3.6 rpg, 2.6 spg, 34 3-pointers (34%)

5'7" and started out playing with former LMU standout Chelsea Gipson (whose father used to post on this board) at Pacific Palisades High School before finishing at Bishop Montgomery where coached by current WNBA Storm HC Noelle Quinn.

I have to imagine she had higher interest than UC Irvine coming out of HS, guessing she wanted to stay close to home but didn't quite get UCLA, USC (or Cal?) offers.

SFCALBear72
Do you think she would be of interest to the Cal coaches? We can always use another scorer.
stu
We could use more scoring but I'd look for a higher FG% than Kayla's career 38%. Besides we already have Leilani, Jayda, and Karisma at PG. I'd rather see us add players at PF and/or C.
wbbilluminati
She is not listed as a grad x-fer in the tweet, so should she have to sit out, she'd be a great replacement for 2 years post-Leilani
HoopDreams
wbbilluminati said:

She is not listed as a grad x-fer in the tweet, so should she have to sit out, she'd be a great replacement for 2 years post-Leilani
all college transfers are now immediately eligible to play
wbbilluminati

Gottlieb sgets a good PG. Could have 3 years with her. I think she'll have a pretty good impact in Pac-12.

She also got Koi Love from Arizona and Candy before that. She recruited Love hard despite being a Florida product while at Cal so make sense they come full circle. If their 6'6" soph center has a breakout season and their 6'4" g/f continues to blossom, they've that's an outstanding quartet for USC.

We will really need Michelle to have a breakout year. Too much potential size and athleticism to just be a reserve for us.
Schroeder71
Alissa Pili has transferred to Utah? The Utes could compete w/ Stanford for the top team in the Pac 12.
SFCALBear72
Lauren Fields from Oklahoma who wanted to play for LG here at Cal but de-committed after she left for the NBA is now transferring from Oklahoma State to Arizona according to Raoul.

I wonder if she even considered going to $C?
Baygbear
Schroeder71 said:

Alissa Pili has transferred to Utah? The Utes could compete w/ Stanford for the top team in the Pac 12.
I think Stanford will have a down year because of their point guard situation plus the graduation of 3 starters but I don't see Utah coming close because they also lost some good players in Maxwell, Martin, and Gylten.
wbbilluminati
SFCALBear72 said:

Lauren Fields from Oklahoma who wanted to play for LG here at Cal but de-committed after she left for the NBA is now transferring from Oklahoma State to Arizona according to Raoul.

Not sure she's better than the guard from Vandy who slipped through the cracks at Arizona and just transferred to USC, but they needed someone to replace her and Thomas.

I recall a nice flashy highlight of hers that went viral on IG, but then on second look it was clearly a travel.
wbbilluminati
SFCALBear72 said:

The PG coming from Irvine might be the better get.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.