Charmin Smith should be replaced by Mark Campbell

1,095 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calbear80
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Campbell (basketball) - Wikipedia

20102013 Oregon State (assistant)
20132014 Oregon State (associate HC)
20142015 Oregon (assistant)
20152021 Oregon (associate HC)
2021present Sacramento State HC
2023 season 25-7

Sacramento State will continue with a first-round game against UCLA as the Hornets make their first appearance in the Women's NCAA Tournament.

Seeded 13th, the Hornets will put their school-record-best 25-7 season up against No. 4-seeded UCLA (25-9) on Saturday in Los Angeles as part of the Greenville Regional.
The game will be at famed Pauley Pavilion. The start time was not immediately announced.
How far have the Hornets come? Sacramento State is two years removed from a three-win season. The Hornets under coach Mark Campbell won 14 games last season, his first, then added nine new players and won a share of their first Big Sky Conference title and their first conference tournament championship. Sacramento State is on a roll, having won nine consecutive games.
Campbell is no stranger to UCLA or March Madness. He was an assistant coach with the Oregon Ducks for seven seasons, including a stint as assistant head coach. Oregon had five NCAA Tournament appearances during his run, including a trip to the Final Four in 2019. Oregon and UCLA are longtime members of the Pac-12 Conference.

"It's an amazing opportunity and we're excited," Campbell said of facing UCLA. "It's been a two-year journey, getting the right pieces together, the right players. It's a process. You can't skip any steps. Last year's team laid the foundation. This group has really springboarded off last year and it all came together."
Campbell said his reaction to seeing the Sacramento State logo appear on the ESPN broadcast matched that of his team.
"Pure excitement," he said. "This is my ninth time in the NCAA Tournament. Each journey, you enjoy it because it's so hard to get here. I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled my team here gets to experience the magic of March."

calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope Knowlton is paying attention.

Bring Back Respect To Cal FB, MBB And WBB!

Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.