SEC/ACC Women's Challenge: Cal hosts Alabama, December 5

1,404 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by annarborbear
brevity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The matchups were announced today. The Alabama women will head west to face Cal. The tipoff time and TV channel have yet to be determined.

I haven't seen the entire 16-game slate. I know the Stanford women travel to LSU, and the SMU women go to Missouri.
Finnish Oski
Beat Bama! ACC pride (felt weird typing that).
"I'm just here so I won't get fined."
BearSD
Full schedule of both men's and women's ACC-SEC challenge games: https://theacc.com/news/2024/6/12/espn-announces-matchups-for-2024-sec-acc-mens-and-womens-basketball-challenges.aspx
Schroeder71
2023-24 Women's Basketball Season Stats - Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

Alabama was 24-10 last season and returns four of their top five scorers. I doubt that Cal
can beat this team but thank goodness, that the Crimson Tide will travel cross country to play in Berkeley.

2024-25 Women's Basketball Roster - Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

It appears that Bama has eleven players. The roster below has eight and they have three transfers coming in.
On their roster, Alabama has three players listed with size: two 6-4 power forwards and a 6-5 center. Nye hit
108 three pointers last season.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

2023-24 Women's Basketball Season Stats - Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

Alabama was 24-10 last season and returns four of their top five scorers. I doubt that Cal
can beat this team but thank goodness, that the Crimson Tide will travel cross country to play in Berkeley.

2024-25 Women's Basketball Roster - Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

It appears that Bama has eleven players. The roster below has eight and they have three transfers coming in.
Ye of little faith. The opponent, regardless of who it is, always seems to have the edge in your thinking.

Fyi. Last season, Alabama went to Auburn and lost 78-65. And the Tigers only lost by 6 (67-61) at Alabama.

Cal went to Auburn and won 67-53 without Krimili!!
Schroeder71
Gonzaga defeated Bama handily. Yes-I did notice that difference in the two teams at Auburn. I'm basing my comment that they would be tough to beat based solely on their record of 24-10. The Crimson Tide did have a weighted schedule with quite a few more home games than away affairs. They only lost three times on their home floor. It should be interesting to see how they match up. One impressive win was at Texas A&M, 78-71. Bears struggled bigtime against the Aggies in Berkeley. Another ACC team, Syracuse, hosted Alabama and pulled off an upset. GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Auburn ended up 20-12 with a win over #7 LSU.

Krimili did not play against Texas A&M. She was still recovering from her injury.

This year's roster is quite different than last year's, and I remain optimistic about this season.
annarborbear
Fourth in SEC. Made second round of NCAA. NET ranking of #30. Will be a tough opponent and good measuring stick game once we get under way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.