Some odds and ends at the game

1,300 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GATC
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First, where did all those lights come from when the lights were out during intros.

Second, was one of the best half time shows I've seen in awhile. Unicyclist who liked to toss bowls on her head. Reminded me of vaudville when someone would perfect a skill none of us would think about doing.

I wonder if any recruits were there this weekend. Hard to get more impressive with Steve Kerr, Lindsey and Geno Friday night. Front page of ESPN. And then a great game with a great crowd.

I'm wondering if we may need to recruit another guard. I'm not sure how good it looks for Cayton next year.

This new metal detection is for the birds. Take out your keys and your cell phone. Really, you think we would have a terrorist attack at a women's bball game.

Finally had a good tshirt thrower who had a top notch arm. Almost threw to the top of the stadium. My guest almost killed himself getting one in the aisle. We're too old for this.
stu
wvitbear said:

First, where did all those lights come from when the lights were out during intros.
I'm fine with the lights but not with the smoke. At the last game I was sitting on the floor and it didn't bother me. Today I was higher up and found it objectionable - possibly a coincidence but I've been coughing since.

Quote:

Second, was one of the best half time shows I've seen in awhile. Unicyclist who liked to toss bowls on her head. Reminded me of vaudville when someone would perfect a skill none of us would think about doing.
Indeed amazing. Made me wonder if the bowls had magnets.

Quote:

I wonder if any recruits were there this weekend. Hard to get more impressive with Steve Kerr, Lindsey and Geno Friday night. Front page of ESPN. And then a great game with a great crowd.
Good observation. Great exposure.

Quote:

I'm wondering if we may need to recruit another guard. I'm not sure how good it looks for Cayton next year.
Of course we'll be better with Mi'Cole than without, but we already have two guards coming in and Kenzie has guard skills.

Quote:

This new metal detection is for the birds. Take out your keys and your cell phone. Really, you think we would have a terrorist attack at a women's bball game.
Not with our usual attendance.
BearBint
Metal detectors AND clear bags? Ridiculous. Makes the campus cops happy, but not BearBloke and me.
HoopDreams
lights were from everyone's mobiles

wvitbear
Forgot about the smoke. Made me think of the fires we had. Took awhile to dissipate.
pearbear
Yes, re halftime act...while I didn't appreciate her outfit color choice, I understand (as she's called Red Panda), I thought she was amazing!
GATC
She's worn different colors but red is the most common. The warriors bought her a new unicycle when hers was stolen at SFO earlier this year. Pretty amazing act.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.