Kristine shortlisted (again...)

1,851 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by annarborbear
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/basketball/cal-women-s-basktball-kristine-anigwe-among-10-centers-for-lisa-leslie-award-TzsLuxvpBUeKSI7wTJfBDQ/

Which she richly deserves.
HoopDreams
following KA, what surprised me this year is how dominating she is as a rebounder
before she was a very good rebounder, but this year she is a rebounding super women
R90
Mock WNBA Draft sites:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25881161/wnba-mock-draft-2019-predicting-all-three-rounds
https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2019/

3rd and 3rd - Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State
4th and 5th - Kalani Brown, Baylor
8th and 17th - Megan Gustafson, Iowa
10th and 11th - Kristine Anigwe, California
12th and Undrafted - Brianna Turner, Notre Dame
14th and Undrafted - Beatrice Mompremier, Miami
30th and Undrafted - Channon Fluker, Cal State Northridge
Both Undrafted - Hallie Thome, Michigan
Both Undrafted - Janelle Bailey, North Carolina

Can't claim East Coast bias, because She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is #1 in both mock drafts as a Junior.

The logic on this board lately has been: Anigwe is the best player in the country, therefore Gottlieb is underperforming and the Bears are doomed once she's gone.

Maybe now it will be: Anigwe is only the 4th best center in the country, so Gottlieb did a poor job of developing her.
annarborbear
Personally, I think KA is the best center in the country, and will be even better in a different style of play. But even if she is only fourth best, who exactly is supposed to replace her on our team next year? Many other PAC12 teams have had no problems in recruiting highly rated post players these past two years while LG has come up empty.
SFCALBear72
annarborbear said:

Personally, I think KA is the best center in the country, and will be even better in a different style of play. But even if she is only fourth best, who exactly is supposed to replace her on our team next year? Many other PAC12 teams have had no problems in recruiting highly rated post players these past two years while LG has come up empty.
It must be a breeze for you to copy and paste this "mantra" every chance you get. We hear you loud and clear.

For me, I'm waiting until the April 17 signing date results are in before I make my recruiting assessment for this season.
annarborbear
SFCALBear72 said:

annarborbear said:

It must be a breeze for you to copy and paste this "mantra" every chance you get. We hear you loud and clear.

For me, I'm waiting until the April 17 signing date results are in before I make my recruiting assessment for this season.
You must have noticed something factually incorrect within this "mantra". Could you please point out what exactly is a misstatement? I would be happy to take it down at your request if such facts could be provided. Could you also provide a list of which post players, either in the US or internationally, are still available? That would also be helpful.
SFCALBear72
I wasn't disputing your facts just the repetitiveness. You must think we are not paying attention to you.
I have no lists of available players including grad transfers. Like I said, I'll wait to see what happens in April. I was not aware of the interest in or early pursuit of Jazlen Green before she committed, so surprises do happen.
annarborbear
SFCALBear72 said:

I wasn't disputing your facts just the repetitiveness. You must think we are not paying attention to you.
I have no lists of available players including grad transfers. Like I said, I'll wait to see what happens in April. I was not aware of the interest in or early pursuit of Jazlen Green before she committed, so surprises do happen.
For your convenience, here is a previously posted list of post player recruitments in the PAC 12 this year:

Oregon - 6'5" Lucy Cochran, Australia, No Rating
Oregon State - 6'6" Kennedy Brown, #19 ESPN; 6'3" Taylor Jones - #41 ESPN

USC - 6'5" Angel Jackson, #36 ESPN
UCLA - 6'3" Brynn Maskiwich, Canada, Prospect Nation 4*

Washington - 6'4" JaQuaya Miller #41 Prospect Nation; 6'3" Alexandra Bamberger, ESPN 3*
Washington State -6'5" Bella Mureketate, Idaho D2 Player of the Year via Rwanda

Arizona - 6'5" Birna Benonysdottir, Iceland, Prospect Nation 4*; 6'5" Seval Gul, Turkey, No Rating
Arizona State - Nobody (But has 2020 commitments from 6'3" Katelyn Leving, #52 ESPN and 6'3" Keeli Burton, Prospect Nation 4*)

Colorado - 6'4" Maura Singer, Prospect Nation #121
Utah - Nobody

Stanford - 6'5" Ashten Prechtel, #16 ESPN
Cal - Nobody

Please note that my post above was also in response to a specific post from R90 on this topic which seemed to merit a response with actual factual information.

Note: Oregon State has apparently also come up with a 6'8" player from Serbia, but I do not yet have that confirmation.

I hope we do come up with a player by April, and that is still possible. But we are in this situation because none of the above players apparently wanted to come here. And last year, we also struck out on all post prospects,

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.