Cal's roster for the season of 2019-2020...

2,647 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wbbilluminati
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

After this season, the Bears will only return six scholarship players: two forwards, zero centers & four guards.

Charmin Smith & Co need a big haul for the class of 2021 w/ seven quality players. Three post players, one power forward, two small forwards and one more guard. As for the guard, I hope that they corral a dead-eye three point shooter. Overall-the Bears need approximately a half of a dozen (6) front court players along with seven wing/guard types. For 2021, the team is desperate for ***bigs*** for rebounding, defense (shot blocks) and inside scoring.

Are there any members of the Cal 2021 recruit class, yet? I know that many scholarship offers have been given out with a concentration on C/PF positions. I have a feeling that this coaching staff will out-recruit the prior one. GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
The coaching staff is still working on the 2020 class. So, don't forget about them.
ClayK
So what's the starting lineup?

C: West
F: Styles
W: Brown
?
?

annarborbear
That's a roster where you might as well play everybody. Keep the energy level up. Reward all of the players for practicing hard, See what the freshmen can contribute. Give Chen a good send off. Spend the rest of your time recruiting.
stu
ClayK said:

So what's the starting lineup?

C: West
F: Styles
W: Brown
?
?
I'd say Cayton if healthy plus one of the three freshie guards. I suppose which one depends on whether we need a point or shooting guard. And if healthy Anastasieska could also be in the mix.

BTW we finally have an official 2019-2020 roster.
GATC
annarborbear said:

That's a roster where you might as well play everybody. Keep the energy level up. Reward all of the players for practicing hard, See what the freshmen can contribute. Give Chen a good send off. Spend the rest of your time recruiting.
Hopefully Cayton and Anastasieka will be healthy. The 3 guards coming in are intriguing. I hope one of them has the fire and energy that Boyd has. I don't have much hope for Chen contributing but who knows. The team will be fun to watch if Charmin can utilize Brown's talent.
annarborbear
GATC said:

annarborbear said:

Hopefully Cayton and Anastasieka will be healthy. The 3 guards coming in are intriguing. I hope one of them has the fire and energy that Boyd has. I don't have much hope for Chen contributing but who knows. The team will be fun to watch if Charmin can utilize Brown's talent.
I think we are going to have to see some of Chen given the size of people in the league, including lots of new, tall post recruits at other schools.. I watched a couple of videos of Shipholt playing in Europe. She is very tough, but did not jump well in those games. Possibly she had had a knee injury that had not yet been fully rehabbed at that point.
GATC
Schroeder71 said:

https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

After this season, the Bears will only return six scholarship players: two forwards, zero centers & four guards.

Charmin Smith & Co need a big haul for the class of 2021 w/ seven quality players. Three post players, one power forward, two small forwards and one more guard. As for the guard, I hope that they corral a dead-eye three point shooter. Overall-the Bears need approximately a half of a dozen (6) front court players along with seven wing/guard types. For 2021, the team is desperate for ***bigs*** for rebounding, defense (shot blocks) and inside scoring.

Are there any members of the Cal 2021 recruit class, yet? I know that many scholarship offers have been given out with a concentration on C/PF positions. I have a feeling that this coaching staff will out-recruit the prior one. GO BEARS!
Wow I just realized that the only scholarship player we will have from the 2017 and 2018 classes is Styles. Next year she will be the only senior with no juniors. I remember awhile back where we had no seniors and Range and Waters were the only Juniors. We only had 6 serviceable players. It really hurt us as we went 4-14 and this is with Anigwe and Thomas. Class balance was not LG's strength.
wbbilluminati
what happened to the San Diego State transfer from St. Mary's Stockton HS?
SFCALBear72
wbbilluminati said:

Naje Murray. Still coming. Heard she might enroll Spring semester.
wbbilluminati
SFCALBear72 said:

wbbilluminati said:

Naje Murray. Still coming. Heard she might enroll Spring semester.
Ok, thanks. Glad to hear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.