Women's Water Polo 2025 Recruits

910 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Polodad
juarezbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was looking for a list of the new freshmen recruits for women's water polo and couldn't find one anywhere. How did we do? Does anybody have a link?
coachdeke
If you go to the website Water Polo Planet, go to the high school girls message board, you'll find a topic 2024 recruits. There's a list of domestic recruits for each school. You may have to sign up, but it's free.
juarezbear
coachdeke said:

If you go to the website Water Polo Planet, go to the high school girls message board, you'll find a topic 2024 recruits. There's a list of domestic recruits for each school. You may have to sign up, but it's free.
Thanks Coach.
Polodad
Here is a bit more to chew on regarding the 2024 recruits on the list. Talia Fonseca entered last January. I believe she was the prime back-up to Williams last season. She was listed on the US Junior National team(under 20) roster last I checked. Hassett from Miramonte was listed on the last US Youth National Team (under 18) roster posted. Murphy from Soquel was POY in her conference. Roder (Corondelet) was on the all-conference team.
Polodad
For reference, Water Polo Planet has fallen in to a coma in the past six months. There is not much info available as to the cause. Virtually all the key posters from that site have migrated over to a new site, Water Polo Exchange. https://waterpoloexchange.discourse.group/

Schroeder71
Cal graduated seven players and has listed only three recruits (2024). I hope that the Bears have an international recruit or two coming in, too. I wonder if the Aussie that did not attend Cal last year due to the Olympics will return this season? The roster is never listed until the week or day of the initial match. GO BEARS!
juarezbear
Polodad said:

Here is a bit more to chew on regarding the 2024 recruits on the list. Talia Fonseca entered last January. I believe she was the prime back-up to Williams last season. She was listed on the US Junior National team(under 20) roster last I checked. Hassett from Miramonte was listed on the last US Youth National Team (under 18) roster posted. Murphy from Soquel was POY in her conference. Roder (Corondelet) was on the all-conference team.
Seems like UCLA has a lot of momentum on both men's and women's sides. I wonder what our pre-season rankings with be? How did Kirk do in recruting?
Polodad
Kirk did not get either of the top 2 recruits. Both are at UCLA. He did get a Croatian attacker who is highly regarded and another eastern Euro xfer who was 2nd top scorer at SJSU.
Polodad
Cal men are pre-season ranked #2 behind UCLA. My guess is the women will be 4 or lower.
juarezbear
Polodad said:

Cal men are pre-season ranked #2 behind UCLA. My guess is the women will be 4 or lower.
It seems like Coralie has a tough time recruiting the elite players. The biggest mistake ever was hiring Rich Corso which cost us the Steffens girls. We've always been a notch below Furd, SC, and UCLA except during Olympic years. I wonder what it would take to get us over that hump.

Can't complain about Kirk - obviously.
Polodad
I agree with this sentiment. For the Bears to consistently finish in the top 3, Coralie needs to get the top domestic player coming out of high school every other year or so. That's not happening. Recently these players are choosing Stanford and UCLA. Last year it was SC. The only other model for success is to get many top internationals which has served Kirk well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.