Cal lands two 2026 softball committs

2,367 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by OBear073akaSMFan
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Alanna Clincy P/UT, Cal Nuggets

Bella Granata, Catcher, Lady Magic

https://www.maxpreps.com/ca/galt/liberty-ranch-hawks/athletes/ysabella-granata/softball/stats/?careerid=n2df0120pqv33

Always great keeping 2 Nor Cal kids home.
CalFanatic
Clincy was named 1st Team All State and the #6 player in the Bay Area as a Sophmore. Impressive!
CalFanatic
Schroeder71
CF-what position does this young lady play and what high school does she attend? GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

CF-what position does this young lady play and what high school does she attend? GO BEARS!
Easy Google search reveals: Outfield and Madera HS in Central Valley.
CalFanatic
& she players for the Sorcerers for club ball.

I'm really impressed with the Nor Cal theme of this recruiting class. The Nuggets are led by Hayley Woods, the Magic by Lindsey Ziegenhirt, and the Sorcerer program has produced numerous talented players for Cal, especially from Northern California. One standout example is Val Arioto.

We don't have to leave our backyard to build a top program.
Schroeder71
Thank you, everyone! GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
The #2 player in the 2026 class (according to this publication) has also committed to Cal. 4 already for 2026.

https://extrainningsoftball.com/the-last-inning-may-9-2023-spotlighting-2026-extra-elite-100-slugger-emoni-lam-sam-pgf-qualifier-regulate-lake-show-news/

CalFanatic
As we've seen.... Coach Spencer can recruit with the best of them.

Now we just need to get that damn stadium built and for our staff to be healthy this year!
CalFanatic
Cal picks up a fifth commit, IF from Tracy, Emalee Cargill. She plays for the dad of Cal great Jolene Henderson.

Total class so far:

P/UT Alanna Clincy, Cal Nuggets
C Bella Granata, Lady Magic
3B Emoni Lam Sam, Firecrackers Premier
OF Malea Ricks, Sorcerers
IF Emalee Cargill, LTG Henderson

OBear073akaSMFan
Will Alana be more a hitter or pitcher? Still looking for a top notch pitching prospect. No doubt coaching staff can recruit the hitters.
CalFanatic
That I don't know but based on her clips, she sure can pitch! Good speed, spin and offspeed. I can't imagine she won't see time in the circle.
Schroeder71
She pitches for Willow Glen HS in San Jose. I'll track her performance during her junior year when they play Hollister, Saint Francis, Archbishop Mitty, Valley Christian & other top CCS teams this season.
SFCALBear72
CalFanatic said:

As we've seen.... Coach Spencer can recruit with the best of them.

Now we just need to get that damn stadium built and for our staff to be healthy this year!
I've been in periodic contact with a gentleman who works in the communications department of UC Berkeley Capital Strategies for the past two years or so regarding the stadium. Seeing your comment here, I decided to email him this morning requesting a stadium update.

This is his reply:

"The UC Board of Regents will consider approval of the project's budget, design, and environmental review, at their meeting that takes place this week at UCLA. Should the Regents approve the project, we anticipate that construction will begin as soon as October 2024."
Schroeder71
SFCB72-excellent job doing investigative journalism. Please let everyone know the verdict on the softball stadium
as soon as the UC Regents decide. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
Thank god. The NIMBY-ism of Berkeley residents is exhausting. These young ladies deserve a new stadium.
SFCALBear72
CalFanatic said:

Thank god. The NIMBY-ism of Berkeley residents is exhausting. These young ladies deserve a new stadium.
The delay has been due to environmental criteria not neighbors.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

SFCB72-excellent job doing investigative journalism. Please let everyone know the verdict on the softball stadium
as soon as the UC Regents decide. GO BEARS!
Thank you!

I've been contacting this gentleman every 4 months or so to get an update. Up until yesterday, his replies centered mostly on the need to adhere to environmental criteria and to make sure the benchmarks were achieved.

I followed-up with him today and asked if they were optimistic about approval.

Here's his reply:

"We are very hopeful that the project will get approved.

The project will first be heard in the Finance and Capital Strategies committee on Wednesday afternoon. And then the full board will hear the committee's report and vote on Thursday afternoon."

CalFanatic
SFCALBear72 said:

CalFanatic said:

The delay has been due to environmental criteria not neighbors.
Interesting. This is not what i've heard, at least initially. Whatever the issues are i'm happy they are closer to being resolved.
Chabbear
The beach volleyball facilities are nimby related and can't be built until 2032 in the future based on Cal's 1982 agreement with the neighbors near Clark Kerr
Campus. https://www.berkeleyside.org/2023/04/07/cal-will-not-build-new-beach-volleyball-courts-at-clark-kerr-campus
OBear073akaSMFan
I appreciate your efforts but will be pessimistic until they stick a shovel into the ground or have a ground breaking ceremony.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.