peggy Noonan

1,222 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Anarchistbear
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
peggy Noonan wrote in the WSJ that Bidens' Georgia speech will be cited as a turning point when historians give their reasons why his Administration finally collapsed. If you are interested, read. If you are not interested, you are not a serious political devotee. Even honest Democrats are horrified...And, while honest Democrats make up a minority of their brethren, the die has been cast. Look for the long knives to become drawn.
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Today was a historic day, the bottom fell out of this illegitimate Biden regime. The last thing they have left is to use the surveillance state to intimidate and go after suspected "domestic terrorists".
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
helltopay1 said:

peggy Noonan wrote in the WSJ that Bidens' Georgia speech will be cited as a turning point when historians give their reasons why his Administration finally collapsed. If you are interested, read. If you are not interested, you are not a serious political devotee. Even honest Democrats are horrified...And, while honest Democrats make up a minority of their brethren, the die has been cast. Look for the long knives to become drawn.






dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just one of many times Peggy Noonan will be remembered as wrong.
bearup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

Today was a historic day, the bottom fell out of this illegitimate Biden regime. The last thing they have left is to use the surveillance state to intimidate and go after suspected "domestic terrorists".
You and htp1 acting as a tag-team is very sad and becoming LOL-funny at the same time. Are you two trying
to convince each other......of what?

BTW: I sometimes read the comments to stories on FOX-news. I learn much more from folks who may or
may not be highly educated than I do from you two.





dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Peggy Noonan on George W Bush in 2003


Quote:

"This, truly, is a good man ... there can be no doubting the depth of his seriousness and the degree to which he attempts to do what he is convinced is right and to lead his country to toward that vision of rightness.... There is a profound authenticity to him, and a fearlessness too. A steady hand on the helm in high seas, a knowledge of where we must go and why, a resolve to achieve safe harbor."
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2003/04/noon-a04.html
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Just one of many times Peggy Noonan will be remembered as wrong.
As far as Biden is concerned, she's completely nailed it.

Go ahead and attack the "messenger".
But that's you deflecting (once again) from what is actually going on.

He's suffered one defeat after another because he doesnt show any ability to pivot to the center. When Bill Clinton found himself taking a hit in the polls, he'd find the "center" and chase it. Sadly, I dont think that Biden is even able to identify where the "center" is. He's shown zero ability to pivot. - - - Independents are now at a 57% Disapproval Rating.
That's reality. And that doesnt bode well for mid-terms.

Noonan is spot-on when it comes to identifying the sentiment of America.

Meanwhile, ideological speeches lose a lot of their steam when you have an Administration that is unable to "execute" on a nuts and bolts level that the average American can see and feel.

Biden's Administration was caught off-guard by the Omicron surge and has taken forever to get test kits distributed. The average American is still getting crushed by inflation and supply/chain issues. Seriously, I have no idea what Pete Buttigieg or Kamala Harris are working on. If Buttigieg is working on trying to retain truck drivers, he's failing. He doesnt seem to understand that they're quitting because they dont get paid while waiting 3 to 4 hours getting their truck loaded.

Have you been to your local grocery store lately? There are shelves are bare. Meanwhile, school districts are in total chaos trying to deal with teacher's unions that dont feel safe because the school district's are once again unprepared. That's what the average American is dealing with every day. $5 gas. Empty shelves. And not know if their kids will be back in the classroom.

That's what they'll remember come mid-terms.


bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bottom line: Our country deserved a better choice than between tRump and Biden….but as we all know,

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
helltopay1 said:

peggy Noonan wrote in the WSJ that Bidens' Georgia speech will be cited as a turning point when historians give their reasons why his Administration finally collapsed. If you are interested, read. If you are not interested, you are not a serious political devotee. Even honest Democrats are horrified...And, while honest Democrats make up a minority of their brethren, the die has been cast. Look for the long knives to become drawn.
Last time I looked Noonan was getting her ass handed to her from all sides for suggesting that the then Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris was not serious about the election after posting herself dancing in the rain. Noonan is a relic in her thought process and that is why she is no longer taken seriously.
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

helltopay1 said:

peggy Noonan wrote in the WSJ that Bidens' Georgia speech will be cited as a turning point when historians give their reasons why his Administration finally collapsed. If you are interested, read. If you are not interested, you are not a serious political devotee. Even honest Democrats are horrified...And, while honest Democrats make up a minority of their brethren, the die has been cast. Look for the long knives to become drawn.
Last time I looked Noonan was getting her ass handed to her from all sides for suggesting that the then Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris was not serious about the election after posting herself dancing in the rain. Noonan is a relic in her thought process and that is why she is no longer taken seriously.
OK, but what do you think about her arguments? Assume your favorite liberal writer wrote it. Which parts do you disagree with?

I am not sure this is the turning point (seems more like a slow death by thousand cuts), but this reflects just the tone deaf nature of this administration that they would make a speech like that when people are struggling with lack of supplies and high prices as well as fear of school shutdown and high infection rate, especially when we were rooting for him against Trump because he would avoid all of the inflammatory, divisive rhetoric. But this administration has been tripping over itself from the beginning to the point that we are almost at the Ford level of respect for his ability to look competent.

Now that does not mean I would prefer Trump. I hate him with a passion for his utter disregard for this country in favor of his own ego and interest. But I can disapprove of two things at once and hope that we could get a decent leader of our country.
bearup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calbear93 said:

BearNIt said:

helltopay1 said:

peggy Noonan wrote in the WSJ that Bidens' Georgia speech will be cited as a turning point when historians give their reasons why his Administration finally collapsed. If you are interested, read. If you are not interested, you are not a serious political devotee. Even honest Democrats are horrified...And, while honest Democrats make up a minority of their brethren, the die has been cast. Look for the long knives to become drawn.
Last time I looked Noonan was getting her ass handed to her from all sides for suggesting that the then Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris was not serious about the election after posting herself dancing in the rain. Noonan is a relic in her thought process and that is why she is no longer taken seriously.
OK, but what do you think about her arguments? Assume your favorite liberal writer wrote it. Which parts do you disagree with?

I am not sure this is the turning point (seems more like a slow death by thousand cuts), but this reflects just the tone deaf nature of this administration that they would make a speech like that when people are struggling with lack of supplies and high prices as well as fear of school shutdown and high infection rate, especially when we were rooting for him against Trump because he would avoid all of the inflammatory, divisive rhetoric. But this administration has been tripping over itself from the beginning to the point that we are almost at the Ford level of respect for his ability to look competent.

Now that does not mean I would prefer Trump. I hate him with a passion for his utter disregard for this country in favor of his own ego and interest. But I can disapprove of two things at once and hope that we could get a decent leader of our country.
This Ms. Noonan's column from yesterday. Perhaps htp1 is referencing another....in which case Neve Mind

The Endless Loop of Covid-19 Peggy Noonan

I need more time to analyze it, but on a quick read => a well-earned slap on the wrist=>
The sky is NOT falling.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:


Last time I looked Noonan was getting her ass handed to her from all sides for suggesting that the then Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris was not serious about the election after posting herself dancing in the rain. Noonan is a relic in her thought process and that is why she is no longer taken seriously.

She's totally nailed who Harris is . . . someone that isnt interested in actual policy. Her advisors try and prep her with briefing materials, but she's not interested. That's why several of her staffers have already left.

"Her real problems look more like this: She loves the politics of politics too much, and not the meaning. When people meet with her they come away saying that what she cares about is the politics of the issue, not the issue itself. But even as she's obsessed with the game of national politics she's not so far particularly good at it. When she sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, she spectacularly flamed out."
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

Today was a historic day, the bottom fell out of this illegitimate Biden regime. The last thing they have left is to use the surveillance state to intimidate and go after suspected "domestic terrorists".
You and htp1 acting as a tag-team is very sad and becoming LOL-funny at the same time. Are you two trying
to convince each other......of what?

BTW: I sometimes read the comments to stories on FOX-news. I learn much more from folks who may or
may not be highly educated than I do from you two.


Democrats watch Fox News, that's why their ratings are so high.
bearup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

Today was a historic day, the bottom fell out of this illegitimate Biden regime. The last thing they have left is to use the surveillance state to intimidate and go after suspected "domestic terrorists".
You and htp1 acting as a tag-team is very sad and becoming LOL-funny at the same time. Are you two trying
to convince each other......of what?

BTW: I sometimes read the comments to stories on FOX-news. I learn much more from folks who may or
may not be highly educated than I do from you two.


Democrats watch Fox News, that's why their ratings are so high.
I seldom**** WATCH Fox news.....the comments are to articles online.

***Every now and then I check in for any news on vaccine-inventor (lol).....Robert Malone.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when our Vice President, Kamala Harris went on (of all things) a fact-finding mission to Guatemala and Mexico last June to find out what the root causes of illegal immigration were?

I dont think you even have to be a CAL GRAD to figure out the answer, sans the trip.

Peggy Noonan remarked:

"There is no one in America, including immigrants, who doesn't know the root causes of illegal immigration. They're coming for a better life. America has jobs, a social safety net, public sympathy for the underdog. Something good might happen to you here. Nothing good was going to happen at home.

That's why immigrants have always come.
Studying "root causes" is a way of saying you want to look busy while you do nothing."

Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B


What makes you think he didn't realize that or wasn't speaking to them?
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B


What makes you think he didn't realize that or wasn't speaking to them?


Because if he did it's a pantomine speech which loses him credibility as a leader, especially when they ignore him a day later. He may have done it to appease his base but it's still a poor look. He comes across as clueless.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B


What makes you think he didn't realize that or wasn't speaking to them?


Because if he did it's a pantomine speech which loses him credibility as a leader, especially when they ignore him a day later. He may have done it to appease his base but it's still a poor look. He comes across as clueless.


Really? Do you think anybody changed their minds about Biden based on that speech or actions taken a day later? He knew what Manchin and Sinema were going to do. Biden staked his place for history to know as we embark on our journey of minority rule.
bearup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B
Bull.......
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

Biden asked whether lawmakers wanted "to be the side of Dr. King or George Wallace," "John Lewis or Bull Connor" or "Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis."

Joe apparently didn't realize that Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin had chosen column B


What makes you think he didn't realize that or wasn't speaking to them?


Because if he did it's a pantomine speech which loses him credibility as a leader, especially when they ignore him a day later. He may have done it to appease his base but it's still a poor look. He comes across as clueless.


Really? Do you think anybody changed their minds about Biden based on that speech or actions taken a day later? He knew what Manchin and Sinema were going to do. Biden staked his place for history to know as we embark on our journey of minority rule.


Staked his place in history? No, this wasn't I had a dream material. And a day later he walked back the language saying they weren't making "human comparisons." Whatever that means. The speech failed on both leadership and rhetorical levels.

I don't think people follow this that closely. The take is he made a speech asking for something and then lost. It then joined a larger narrative about his very bad week.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:




Well at least two people like it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.