The Burger wars. In and Out vs The Habit

6 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 75bear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was a fan of The Habit until they raised prices about 40% from 2019. A#1 Combo is now over $14.00. About $10,50 at In and Out. Now in and out combo is about 40% less. Recently I noticed the buns at the Habit fall apart. When I asked, they admitted they changed suppliers. Very thin buns. I am probably in the In and Out camp now. What do you think?
Go Bears!
Big C

The Habit opened near me about 4-5 years ago. I forget why, but I didn't care for their burgers all that much. I would get the Super Food Salad instead. Stopped going during the pandemic and, when we went back last year, it seemed like the whole place had gone down hill.

I want to like In and Out, but their burgers are too small, but at the same time, too thick. There is just something about a "double" I don't like (plus, even thicker). I do admire their menu, for its simplicity.

This is probably anathema, but by far my favorite fast-food burger is the Jumbo Jack (no cheese). Right size, right condiments. If it were a bit bigger (and probably better meat), it would be perfecto.

I will eat any old burger, but for it to score highly with me, it's gotta be right-sized, with some kind of sauce, lettuce, tomato and sliced onion, freshly made. Maybe a pickle slice. I can't stand burgers that try to get all fancy or gourmet: It's a hamburger, dammit, and a good one is good enough for me.
okaydo
oskidunker said:

I was a fan of The Habit until they raised prices about 40% from 2019. A#1 Combo is now over $14.00. About $10,50 at In and Out. Now in and out combo is about 40% less. Recently I noticed the buns at the Habit fall apart. When I asked, they admitted they changed suppliers. Very thin buns. I am probably in the In and Out camp now. What do you think?

This is my nearest In N Out, the Hollywood edition. This is when it's *not very crowded.* It's usually way worse. That's why I rarely eat In N Out. There are some emptier ones, but they are too far away and I don't like eating in restaurants.

bearister

Both on the mean streets of the WC.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
In N Out is a must-go whenever I visit California.

There is a Habit Burger a couple miles down the road from me. I never go.
American Vermin
oskidunker
Haven't been to Giant for a while. There is one on university but different owner.
Go Bears!
okaydo
I had never heart of Habit till this thread. I found out there's one in Dowtown L.A. But then I looked at the price...
DiabloWags
bearister said:

Both on the mean streets of the WC.

Bingo!

I will also go to bat for Super Duper.
The Truffle Burger is pretty damn good!

A 1/4 pound fresh ground, all-natural, vegeterian fed beef patty with Super Sauce, grilled oniions, roasted portobellow mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese, and Truffle sauce.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister

Habit in the WC SUCKS!
bearister
DiabloWags said:

75bear
I never understood the love for The Habit. The two times I went, the burgers just weren't very good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.