the current surge in gas prices

957 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by DiabloWags
Oakbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I blame it on Biden, if he hadn't beat Trump, this would not have happened LOL
MinotStateBeav
Well Biden blames it on Russia, despite the fact that gas prices were rising before Russia's war with Ukraine.
Oakbear
MinotStateBeav said:

Well Biden blames it on Russia, despite the fact that gas prices were rising before Russia's war with Ukraine.
just another example of how wrong he is ..or should I say "Jill is" or "his advisors are?" .. doubt that Biden is capable of doing much more than sniff hair .. wonder if all that sniffing hair causes dementia?
oski003
Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

just another example of how wrong he is ..or should I say "Jill is" or "his advisors are?" .. doubt that Biden is capable of doing much more than sniff hair .. wonder if all that sniffing hair causes dementia?

It depends what shampoos the preteens are into.
calpoly
Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Just another example of how wrong YOU are or ignorant YOU are about the oil market.
tequila4kapp
calpoly said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Just another example of how wrong YOU are or ignorant YOU are about the oil market.
The admin is highly skilled at playing both sides of the coin on this one - prices only come down due to His Excellency and they only go up due to factors entirely outside of his control. Pretty convenient how that works...at least for all us dullards that don't understand oil markets and all.
Cal88
The market could easily spike another $10 or $20 if Iran goes through with its threat to retaliate to Israel bombing its consulate in Syria last week,
Eastern Oregon Bear
tequila4kapp said:

calpoly said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

The admin is highly skilled at playing both sides of the coin on this one - prices only come down due to His Excellency and they only go up due to factors entirely outside of his control. Pretty convenient how that works...at least for all us dullards that don't understand oil markets and all.
Every administration does that. When have you ever heard one say prices are up or bad things happened because we screwed up?
bearister
oski003 said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Marked: The People's Exhibit A

"Aides said he talked about Ivanka Trump's breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her, remarks that prompted Kelly to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter," writes Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, in his new book, according to Newsweek."
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/trumps-lewd-talk-about-daughter-ivanka-in-front-of-white-house-staff-recalled-in-new-book/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
The Crack Spread is +33% since Jan. 1st.

And it looks like traders are front-running the 2 planned refinery shut downs for May here on the West Coast.

But feel free to keep yapping about Sleepy Joe and the Orange Buffoon.

https://rbnenergy.com/data-flow/404514

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
bearister said:

oski003 said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

"Aides said he talked about Ivanka Trump's breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her, remarks that prompted Kelly to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter," writes Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, in his new book, according to Newsweek."
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/trumps-lewd-talk-about-daughter-ivanka-in-front-of-white-house-staff-recalled-in-new-book/

Gross all around.
AunBear89
MinotStateBeav
bearister said:

oski003 said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

How else are they going to get dumb libs to buy their books, gotta make up something.
tequila4kapp
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

tequila4kapp said:

calpoly said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Every administration does that. When have you ever heard one say prices are up or bad things happened because we screwed up?
What we routinely hear on this board is that Biden's policies are so great that he is responsible for lowered gas prices but that we are too stupid to understand the oil markets when prices go up.
tequila4kapp
bearister said:

oski003 said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Some of you guys are so predictably humorous with your Trump obsessions. Thread is about Biden / Oil and someone wise cracks on Biden…break out a generic Trump attack unrelated to the topic. What are you guys gonna do when Trump is gone? Life is going to be so empty in comparison attacking 'regular' republicans for being dullards and religious extremists.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

tequila4kapp said:

calpoly said:

Oakbear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

What we routinely hear on this board is that Biden's policies are so great that he is responsible for lowered gas prices but that we are too stupid to understand the oil markets when prices go up.
Do Americans actually care about policy? The inflation reduction act allowed medicare to negotiate down prescription drug prices which has extremely high approval ratings by Americans across the board. Trump talked about it but was unable to accomplish anything meaningful. Biden's being sued by the big drug companies who are hoping SCOTUS will give them a win.

As for gas prices, the GOP used to pretend that we were "energy independent" under Trump and that if we produce more energy, magically prices will be lower at the pump (ignoring that there is a global market for energy). POTUSes can take some steps to lower prices at the pump (using the SPR, etc.) but it's mostly an international market subject to OPEC+ and other controlling interests. Biden takes the hits when prices go up, so of course he takes his bow when they go down. Good luck finding a president who doesn't want credit when things go well.

concordtom
I thought the rising prices was because everyone was driving to see the eclipse.

MinotStateBeav
DiabloWags
OPEC+ has a much anticipated meeting coming up in June.

Their output cuts (since 2022) have now reduced their slice of global supplies to less than 34%
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.