While Trump apparently farts and sleeps in court,

2,795 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by The Ghoul
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lying Joe has told these false nuggets on the campaign trail just this week. This is what happens when he is not reading a prompter or being redirected by the Easter Bunny.

1) he told and then retold a story in which he strongly suggested his late uncle, Ambrose Finnegan, was eaten by cannibals after his plane was shot down while he fought in World War II. Biden's dramatic details don't match the Defense Department's official account of the plane crash.

2) He repeated his regular promise that nobody making less than $400,000 per year will pay even a cent more in taxes under his proposals. He then added, "I hope you're all able to make $400,000. I never did."

The truth is his presidential salary is $400,000 per year; the joint tax filings of President Biden and first lady Jill Biden showed $619,976 in income last year, $579,514 in 2022 and $610,702 in 2021. In addition, Biden earned millions in 2017 and 2018, when, during his time as a private citizen following his vice presidency, he and Jill Biden signed a lucrative book deal and he delivered paid speeches. The Bidens' joint tax filings showed a total of about $11 million in 2017 income and about $4.6 million in 2018 income.

3) He touted provisions of the Inflation Reduction Act he signed in 2022. He said: "For example, seniors, beginning in 2024, no matter how much their prescription drug costs are, they'll never have to pay more than $2,000 a year, no matter what."

The truth is the $2,000 cap on Medicare Part D enrollees' out-of-pocket prescription drug spending takes effect in 2025, not 2024; there is a higher cap, more than $3,000, in place this year. (The White House corrected the official transcript of Biden's speech to make clear Biden should have said 2025 instead of 2024.) Second, it's not true that seniors will "never" have to spend more than $2,000 per year on prescription drugs "no matter what." The cap is indexed to annual inflation in Part D costs, so it is highly likely to be set higher than $2,000 in future years. Also, the cap doesn't apply to out-of-pocket spending on Medicare Part B drugs like those administered at doctors' offices.

4) He said "I always say to my colleagues when I meet other world leaders, I say, 'Would you trade places with China? Would you trade places with their problems?' They've got a population that is more people in retirement than working."

The truth is that China reported having more than 740 million employed people at the end of 2023, while it also reported having just shy of 297 million people age 60 or above that year. (Sixty is the normal retirement-benefits age for Chinese men; it's 50 to 55 for women depending on the nature of their jobs.) And some of the 60-plus population is still working.

5) He also said that "When Trump was president in 2020, 55 of the largest corporations in America of the Fortune 500 made $40 billion in profit and paid zero zero in federal income taxes." After someone in the audience called that "sinful," Biden continued, "Well, guess what? I came along and took care of the sin. Not anymore. Thanks to the law that I wrote and signed, big corporations now have to pay a minimum they should be paying more a minimum of 15% tax."

The truth is that the minimum tax is only for on the "book income" companies report to investors, which only applies to companies with at least $1 billion in average annual income. According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, only 14 of the companies on that 2021 list of 55 non-payers reported having US pre-tax income of at least $1 billion.

blungld
You had me at Lying Joe...

...oh, I'm sorry, you lost me at Lying Joe because that is entirely childish and discredits anything you wrote after it. If you want to pretend that you are the grown up voice of reason amidst the truly indoctrinated MAGA posters, then try and actually distinguish yourself from them.
Cal88
I'd go with Genocide Joe, more descriptive. Most politicians lie, but not that many are real genocide enablers.
Palestinian Chicken
blungld said:

Imagine living in so much of a bubble that you pretend Joe Biden doesn't have a lifetime's worth of evidence that he is a gigantic liar.

I do enjoy you showing to everyone how stupid you are on a regular basis though.

blungld
Imagine being such a man child that one copies dim witted language and immature nicknames like Lying Joe instead of just articulating an opinion.
oski003
blungld said:

Imagine being such a man child that one copies dim witted language and immature nicknames like Lying Joe instead of just articulating an opinion.

To be honest, I probably haven't really seen Lying Joe all that much, and don't actually recall seeing it. You had to dig pretty deep here to call me a man child. You really need to look at yourself in the mirror.
bear2034
Hunter referred to his father as Peedo Pete.
GoOskie
I go with "Old worn out, but still way better than tRump or any other republican Joe".
WalterSobchak
This list of grievances is hilarious.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
bear2034
bear2034 said:

Hunter referred to his father as Peedo Pete.

Hunter also referred to his father as the Big Guy.
AunBear89
Whatever he is called, he lives rent free in the heads of clowns like you and roostergobbler003.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
For better or for worse, he's also your current cult leader.
Palestinian Chicken
blungld said:

He did articulate an opinion. You were just too dumb and hypocritical to be able to engage with it intelligently. Don't blame him for your failings.
AunBear89
Yogi calling someone else dumb and hypocritical is like . . .

Umm. . .

Yogi calling someone dumb and hypocritical. It's just too ironic for any adequate comparison.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
bear2034 said:

The only person in this exchange that belongs to a cult is the one who regularly licks Trump's arse. That isn't me…
smh
> While Trump apparently farts and sleeps in court

yeahbutt, don't knock his best side.
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

bear2034 said:

The only person in this exchange that belongs to a cult is the one who regularly licks Trump's arse. That isn't me…

Disagreements, debate, and infighting doesn't happen in the Democratic Party in the same it does within the Republican Party. Democrats obey well and so do you.
blungld
Palestinian Chicken said:

blungld said:

He did articulate an opinion. You were just too dumb and hypocritical to be able to engage with it intelligently. Don't blame him for your failings.
It's interesting that this dumb hypocrite dances circles around you in every exchange.
AunBear89
If there's a Democrat in this conversation, it is not me. I am not registered with a party. I don't make political decisions based entirely on party affiliation.

I see the world in shades of gray, not just the binary black and white that low intellect voters often choose. You know: the ones in cults.
DiabloWags
bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

bear2034 said:

Disagreements, debate, and infighting doesn't happen in the Democratic Party in the same it does within the Republican Party. Democrats obey well and so do you.

This is yet another example of just how tremendously IGNORANT you are.

The Democratic has a variety of "factions" in it that disagree all the time.
From Conservative Democrats like Joe Manchin to the Progressive Caucus of the Democratic Party
led by Jamala Prayapal.

There are the Super Progressives like Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Talib.
There's also the Very Progressives like Bill de Blasio, Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sandiers, and Liz Warren.

You also have the Progressive New Guard like Stacey Abrams, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Jay Inslee, and Beto O'Rourke. They are liberal on both economic and identity issues but also somewhat concerned about the "electability" factor of candidates and the appeal of ideas to the political center.

Then of course there is the Progressive Old Guard.
People like Biden, Cuomo, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer.

I don't know what you do for a living.
But I'd be surprised if it doesnt have something to do with (fast) food service.
The lack of intelligence that you command is deafening.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

bear2034 said:

This is yet another example of just how tremendously IGNORANT you are.

The Democratic has a variety of "factions" in it that disagree all the time.
From Conservative Democrats like Joe Manchin to the Progressive Caucus of the Democratic Party
led by Jamala Prayapal.

There are the Super Progressives like Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Talib.
There's also the Very Progressives like Bill de Blasio, Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sandiers, and Liz Warren.

You also have the Progressive New Guard like Stacey Abrams, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Jay Inslee, and Beto O'Rourke. They are liberal on both economic and identity issues but also somewhat concerned about the "electability" factor of candidates and the appeal of ideas to the political center.

Then of course there is the Progressive Old Guard.
People like Biden, Cuomo, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer.

I don't know what you do for a living.
But I'd be surprised if it doesnt have something to do with (fast) food service.
The lack of intelligence that you command is deafening.

You shouldn't have bothered. He'll claim the Democrats are a monolithic entity again in a day or two.
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

If there's a Democrat in this conversation, it is not me. I am not registered with a party. I don't make political decisions based entirely on party affiliation.

I see the world in shades of gray, not just the binary black and white that low intellect voters often choose. You know: the ones in cults.

Antifa membership?
AunBear89
No such thing. You can be a dues paying member of the Proud Boys, but Antifa isn't an organization with rules and membership dues and secret handshakes.
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

No such thing. You can be a dues paying member of the Proud Boys, but Antifa isn't an organization with rules and membership dues and secret handshakes.

There's a reason why you guys cover your faces with masks right?
bearister
Let's gyroscope this hijacked thread back to its center:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
blungld said:

Thank goodness you stand up for principle and use similar rebuke when others here use immature nicknames (including me) for Trump.

Otherwise, it would seem very tribal.
blungld
calbear93 said:

blungld said:

Thank goodness you stand up for principle and use similar rebuke when others here use immature nicknames (including me) for Trump.

You are correct. I don't do that. Perhaps it is hypocritical, but here's why. Trump has made it his brand and strategy and signature to attach childish names to people. I find that completely undignified for a president and dumbing down of the discourse and it bothers me when others mindlessly repeat his stupidity. So, I find it poetic and dserved when the table is turned on him. First choice, nobody calls anyone names. Second choice, if you are an ahole that calls people names, I want you called names.
blungld

blungld said:

Imagine living in so much of a bubble that you pretend Joe Biden doesn't have a lifetime's worth of evidence that he is a gigantic liar.

Imagine thinking that a defining characteristic of Joe Biden is a liar while not being furious and totally critical of Trump's complete inability to tell the truth. Has Biden been political in the past and bent words as all politicians do? Yes. Is he a pathological liar who tells lies with no conscience for his own benefit and ego. No.

Your post is like railing against the secretary who took home an office supply while giving the CEO who embezzled millions of dollars a pass. Your outrage and scrutiny is so off balance and biased. You are no longer a critical thinker.
AunBear89
Honest question: was Yogi ever a critical thinker?
oski003
blungld said:

blungld said:

Imagine thinking that a defining characteristic of Joe Biden is a liar while not being furious and totally critical of Trump's complete inability to tell the truth. Has Biden been political in the past and bent words as all politicians do? Yes. Is he a pathological liar who tells lies with no conscience for his own benefit and ego. No.

Your post is like railing against the secretary who took home an office supply while giving the CEO who embezzled millions of dollars a pass. Your outrage and scrutiny is so off balance and biased. You are no longer a critical thinker.

Lol. I spit out my Cheerios when you just downplayed lying Biden by saying has he been political and bent words in the past. The original post was referencing lies on the campaign trail from the very same week of the post! You are a very funny guy.
calbear93
blungld said:

calbear93 said:

blungld said:

You are correct. I don't do that. Perhaps it is hypocritical, but here's why. Trump has made it his brand and strategy and signature to attach childish names to people. I find that completely undignified for a president and dumbing down of the discourse and it bothers me when others mindlessly repeat his stupidity. So, I find it poetic and dserved when the table is turned on him. First choice, nobody calls anyone names. Second choice, if you are an ahole that calls people names, I want you called names.

Let's be honest. Everyone, including Biden, has called others names before. If you refuse to read anything Oski wrote because he started with name calling, then you wouldn't be reading most things here. He did provide his opinion but you objected to name calling. Seems more like you were offended by his political position.
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

Well, he's often critical of others.
blungld
Are you suggesting that there is equivalence between Trump and any other politician and the childish nicknames? That that isn't "his thing." His brand is built on name calling. His followers wait for the nickname he gives each person. That has NEVER happened before in American politics. And NO ONE would say, Biden is so famous for calling people names. Can you just be honest in an exchange and stop always defending a position when you have taken an obviously wrong one?
calbear93
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Well, he's often critical of others.
I know you are trying to be funny. But serious question. Do you think most here are critical thinkers? I would argue that Yogi is exponentially more of a critical thinker than the person originally asking that "honest" question.
calbear93
blungld said:

Are you suggesting that there is equivalence between Trump and any other politician and the childish nicknames? That that isn't "his thing." His brand is built on name calling. His followers wait for the nickname he gives each person. That has NEVER happened before in American politics. And NO ONE would say, Biden is so famous for calling people names. Can you just be honest in an exchange and stop always defending a position when you have taken an obviously wrong one?
So, you are consistently moving the goal post. I refer you to your original objection and rationale for not reading the rest of Oski's post.

Now, the standard is that Oski used a name to mock someone who, based on your subjective standard, has not crossed the line on name calling as much as the other guy? SO it wasn't just name calling that you were objecting to. It was just that it was directed at someone who doesn't engage in name calling as much as the worse name caller. With the worse name caller, it is fine to engage in name calling.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.