Off Topic
Sponsored by

Love MaddowBlog, great article about the farcical trade war

883 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SBGold
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ms.now/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trump-canada-carney-ford-lake-ontario-trade-war-tariffs


I'm rooting for Canada. May be time to emigrate.

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The whole thing makes me want to visit Canada
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

The whole thing makes me want to visit Canada

Took Rocky Mountaineer from Vancouver to Banff and stayed at Banff Springs Hotel.

Also too train trip with stops at Toronto-Montreal-Quebec City (stayed at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac). Both trips : A+

Banff Springs Hotel:




Le Chateau Frontenac:



“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
GrinandBearit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Basically everywhere in BC is gorgeous. Vancouver Island is my favorite. The Sea Wolfs there are beautiful creatures. Semi aquatic and they get 90% of their food from the ocean. Many visits to friends in the Fraser Valley. Banff is an outdoorsman's dream, year round.
When you start with a conclusion, you tend to find evidence that agrees with it.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Montreal is one of the top North American cities
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you support the CBC saying this? At least 24 Canadians were killed in the terror attacks that day. Seems awfully disrespectful to not call 9/11 what it was.



SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this is a derail of the thread topic, so I kindly ask that the CBC issues re: 9/11 not be covered in the trade war thread.

Good night!

VOTE BLUE and VOTE Gavin
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

I think this is a derail of the thread topic, so I kindly ask that the CBC issues re: 9/11 not be covered in the trade war thread.

Good night!

VOTE BLUE and VOTE Gavin


Apologies but Canada thread is Canada thread as seen by the above posts talking about its beauty and not a trade war. It was derailed before I posted.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back to something better than CBC stuff, here are beautiful places in Canada as presented by National Geographic:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/topic/places-of-a-lifetime

Vote Blue and Vote Gavin
Aunburdened
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

https://www.ms.now/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trump-canada-carney-ford-lake-ontario-trade-war-tariffs


I'm rooting for Canada. May be time to emigrate.

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN

Gavin isn't even sure he wants to get rid of tariffs. May not be the guy for you to throw support to.

Aun "unburdened by what has been" Bear is the OG legend
- DaddyLegend 9/6/2026
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nope, he's the one baby!

Get on the bandwagon, you seem a little different after coming back. I think you may be open to different political ideas.

Vote blue and vote Gavin
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.archivebuttons.com/articles?article=https://www.ms.now/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trump-lake-america-renaming-shame-mass-deportation-afghanistan-iran#google_vignette

Maddow also gets it right, this time about the Lakes.

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
Aunburdened
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

https://www.archivebuttons.com/articles?article=https://www.ms.now/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trump-lake-america-renaming-shame-mass-deportation-afghanistan-iran#google_vignette

Maddow also gets it right, this time about the Lakes.

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN

Still my favorite Maddow clip of all time:

Aun "unburdened by what has been" Bear is the OG legend
- DaddyLegend 9/6/2026
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The vaccines got us to the end of it though

Vote Blue and vote Gavin
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.