Off Topic
Sponsored by

Peacock Series - Joe Montana: Cool under pressure

433 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Aunburdened
bearleft
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a six part series on Montana starting with a bit about Notre Dame, and progressing through his years as a 9er, and finally, the decision by 49er management to go with Steve Young. The show is riveting! Every part is well done with good footage of games, plus interviews with Joe and the guys he played with. If you can't wait the last six day to get a real football fix (Bears, of course), be sure to stream this great production!! Since this is an OT board, it's fair to say that my daughter found herself at a conference with Joe, and was quick to make friends by telling him that her dad was one of his greatest fans.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He became a bitter old guy that hates Tom Brady, the GOAT.

Vote Blue and vote Gavin
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I spoke to him once as a fellow parent at DLS. My son was in Nick's class…..until Nick transferred to Oaks Christian. They both played freshman hoop. Joe was unassuming and a regular guy during my conversation with him. His wife…..let's just say she was intense.


*Being a lifelong Raiders fan (until they bailed to LV) probably helped me from sh@itting in my pants while speaking with an American icon.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I spoke to him once as a fellow parent at DLS. My son was in Nick's class…..until Nick transferred to Oaks Christian. They both played freshman hoop. Joe was unassuming and a regular guy during my conversation with him. His wife…..let's just say she was intense.


*Being a lifelong Raiders fan (until they bailed to LV) probably helped me from sh@itting in my pants while speaking with an American icon.


I found the same when I ran into he and Jennifer at Rocco's Pizza, back in the day. Super unassuming regular Joe.

Jennifer looked like she was out in the sun too much.
The skin on her face had the "leathery" look.

LudwigsFountain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I spoke to him once as a fellow parent at DLS. My son was in Nick's class…..until Nick transferred to Oaks Christian. They both played freshman hoop. Joe was unassuming and a regular guy during my conversation with him. His wife…..let's just say she was intense.


*Being a lifelong Raiders fan (until they bailed to LV) probably helped me from sh@itting in my pants while speaking with an American icon.

Same experience when I ran into him at a high school basketall tournament where his daughter and my son were playing. My son and his Berkeley High teammates swarmed him and he was gracious. Probably helped that it was halftime for his daughter's game. His wife wasn't there, so I can't speak to that.

"Cooler than the other side of the pillow"
Aunburdened
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearleft said:

This is a six part series on Montana starting with a bit about Notre Dame, and progressing through his years as a 9er, and finally, the decision by 49er management to go with Steve Young. The show is riveting! Every part is well done with good footage of games, plus interviews with Joe and the guys he played with. If you can't wait the last six day to get a real football fix (Bears, of course), be sure to stream this great production!! Since this is an OT board, it's fair to say that my daughter found herself at a conference with Joe, and was quick to make friends by telling him that her dad was one of his greatest fans.

I have quickly changed the channel every time the Queen/David Bowie song "Under Pressure" plays on the radio ever since watching that series.

I liked seeing the early years of Montana's career, particularly the stuff from his prep career and his Notre Dame days which I was too young for and his early pre-Super Bowl years with the 49ers, which I have vague memories of (I was playing at a friend's house with the radio on for the big comeback game against New Orleans in 1980).

Even 40 plus years later though, I remember most of the details of that 1981 season. First 49ers game I ever attended in person was the regular season tilt against the Cowboys where the 49ers blew them off the field (not the NFC Championship Game, which we watched from home).
Aun "unburdened by what has been" Bear is the OG legend
- DaddyLegend 9/6/2026
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.