Off Topic
Sponsored by

Where did you eat before the game?

779 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by bearister
sluggo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those who get excited coming to Berkley for the eating before the game, where did you eat before the first football game? I went to Mercado 925 (https://www.mercado925.com/) at 9th and University.. Very good Mexican food and drinks and easy parking. Nice people. Mid level prices. It was my first time there, but they said they expanded, maybe a little too much as there were plenty of open tables. Kind of similar to Comal, but quieter. I got a mushroom quesdilla that was delicious.

I hope to hear from people where they actually went during the season, not where they like.
DaddyLegend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sluggo, you'll probably get more responses if you post this in the football forum. Gameday food or places to eat in Berkeley are "on-topic" there.
Go Bears Forever - Heisman Mendoza
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Top Dog
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Before games, I generally eat in my dining room, but it's not open to the public.
sluggo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DaddyLegend said:

Sluggo, you'll probably get more responses if you post this in the football forum. Gameday food or places to eat in Berkeley are "on-topic" there.

I hear you but it is off topic so if I don't get a response, that is life.
sluggo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Before games, I generally eat in my dining room, but it's not open to the public.

Just shot down my plan for the Wagner game. I will regroup.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Before games, I generally eat in my dining room, but it's not open to the public.




"Go Bears. I hope we beat the britches off those ACC commoners."

*If the Wagner Group wants entry to Eastern Oregon Bear's sumptuous repast, they will gain entry.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
sluggo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

Top Dog

Never heard of it.

Actually, I read Top Dog was down to one stand, but that it is building a new spot inside a restaurant near the downtown Berkeley BART. Long Live Top Dog.
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes in a bar, the Breakroom on Shattuck
DaddyLegend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sluggo said:

DaddyLegend said:

Sluggo, you'll probably get more responses if you post this in the football forum. Gameday food or places to eat in Berkeley are "on-topic" there.

I hear you but it is off topic so if I don't get a response, that is life.



13:47

Professionally catered Mexican food tailgate
Sproul Plaza
Next to Sather Gate
Berkely, CA 94720
Go Bears Forever - Heisman Mendoza
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sluggo said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Before games, I generally eat in my dining room, but it's not open to the public.

Just shot down my plan for the Wagner game. I will regroup.

He didn't say that his living room wasn't open to the public. You want to sit back and watch the early East Coast action while you're eating brunch and sipping bloody marys at EOB's.
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Before games, I generally eat in my dining room, but it's not open to the public.




"Go Bears. I hope we beat the britches off those ACC commoners."

*If the Wagner Group wants entry to Eastern Oregon Bear's sumptuous repast, they will gain entry.

That's our breakfast nook. The dining room is larger and more formal.

We're stepping up our game this Saturday. Caviar AND truffles in our Pigs In A Blanket. Beluga, of course.

I might go to gold leaf for Clemson.
OneKeg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Raleigh's with a bunch of friends. Though we didn't go there specifically for the food. (Still occasionally enjoy a salad from the adjoining Mezzo sometimes, especially before home basketball games).
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Then after dining your wife is off to a Pigskins & Pearls event in Piedmont.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.