Trump, immigration, racism

2,327 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]
Democrats are the problem. They don't care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can't win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!
6:52 AM Jun 19, 2018

The man either uses language very poorly or very well, depending on his intension. Comparing poor immigrants to pests, like rats or cockroaches, sheesh!

I've hired numerous undocumented workers off the street by Home Depot and at the employment office off Monument Blvd. I speak to them in Spanish about their crossing adventures. One took care of my grandmother at her home for 15 years until her dying days at 99. She crossed a dozen times and was caught 7 times. One time she was hiking in the cold desert mountains. So so cold! Another time she was in a dark sewer pipe crawling in disgusting sewage water up to her chest. In the pitch black, she just keep going, feeling the feet of the person in front of her, practically vomiting the whole way. When she climbed out, border patrol was waiting there.

These people are like us, looking for a better life. Trump and others dehumanize them, and everyone else loses their humanity. This is just like Nazi Germany.

I believe in immigration limits and border security. The issue is very difficult, and we should not allow anyone to let us lose our sense of decency. Particularly from someone who has NONE!
bearister
A simple question. Exactly how f'd up is our country right now?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-your-regular-order-is-out-of-order/2018/06/19/4eb3a586-7405-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cea9460730cb
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
OBear073akaSMFan
I have always felt sadness for former presidents passing away ..democrats (which I am) or republicans. When this Moron passes ,...I will say good ridden. and the sooner the better!
concordtom
I think I might even dance a little jig!
(My thoughts exactly, and I'm a complete pacifist. It feels like if Hitler were to go down, the end of an era with now a lot of repair over subsequent years, decades - this is what they mean when they say progress doesn't always happen in a straight line, we've taken a step or two backward here!)

I will. I will dance a little jig!
Perhaps uncork some celebratory concoction!
bearister
concordtom
Spreading it around, are you?
bearister
Roy Cohn* on Senator Joe McCarthy:

" 'I was fully aware of McCarthy's faults, which there were neither few nor minor," Cohn recalled. 'He was impatient, overly aggressive, overly dramatic. He acted on impulse. He tended to sensationalize the evidence he had in order to draw attention to the rock bottom seriousness of the situation. He would neglect to do important homework and consequently would, on occasion, make challengeable statements.' The urge to overstate, to overdramatize, to dominate the news, could be costly, and so it proved to be for McCarthy. The Wisconsin senator, Cohn said, was essentially a salesman. 'He was selling the story of America's peril,' Cohn recalled. 'He knew that he could never hope to convince anybody by delivering a dry, general accounting office type of presentation. In consequence, he stepped up circumstances a notch or two' and in so doing he opened himself to attacks that proved fatal. He oversold, and the customers, the public, tired of the pitch, and the pitchman." Jon Meacham, The Soul of America, Ch. 6, pp.202-203

*Roy Cohn was Joe McCarthy's attorney and would later become tRump's attorney in his early years.
BGolden
""At least one Honduran interviewed by DHS officials reported that children are kidnapped or adopted then smuggled with their unrelated adult "family member" to the United States. This smuggling practice has bolstered an underground market for counterfeit birth certificates according to the report, which was prepared by the DHS Human Smuggling Cell. Once in the U.S., these children are vulnerable to labor or sex trafficking," he continued.":

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/21/documents-human-traffickers-regularly-pose-as-parents-of-children-to-cross-the-border-illegally-n2492737

*****ing hypocrites around here.
Another Bear
BGolden said:

""At least one Honduran interviewed by DHS officials reported that children are kidnapped or adopted then smuggled with their unrelated adult "family member" to the United States. This smuggling practice has bolstered an underground market for counterfeit birth certificates according to the report, which was prepared by the DHS Human Smuggling Cell. Once in the U.S., these children are vulnerable to labor or sex trafficking," he continued.":

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/21/documents-human-traffickers-regularly-pose-as-parents-of-children-to-cross-the-border-illegally-n2492737

Are you referring to the posters here against the Trump immigration policy, or Hondurans?

Regardless, it would be good to get some background on the "push" factors in Honduras. You know, get educated and informed on matters and context...instead of spouting off uninformed, per Dotard Donnie and the Ding Dong Trumpies.

Here's some good reading. It's 4 years old, but the info is still relevant. Long story short: Libertarians have settled in Honduras trying to run a full Libertarian state (because none exist at any level)...and the results have been disastrous. They're making they're run as a "pay as you go" government. So if you want security and police services, you hire it. In this vacuum crime has escalated...so people flee. If there's human trafficking from Honduras, then the current social and political environment has allowed that.

Beyond that, this is one weird ass form of colonialism, importing an ideology that has never run a government at any level: local, regional, state or national, anywhere...until now, and they're failing beyond miserably. There's no such thing as a fully functioning Libertarian government ANYWHERE.

In other words: conservatives, wing nuts and libertarians have made things worse...totally fccked up a country to the point people are fleeing. Yeah, good job wing nuts...LOSERS.

"I've Seen All Sorts of Horrific Things in My Time. But None as Detrimental to the Country as This."

Quote:

U.S. conservatives are about to run a dangerous economic experiment in Honduras

golden sloth
BGolden said:

Oh! So the United States family separation policy is actually about preventing human trafficking, and the dividing of families and placing each in their own separate detainment center is really about separating kidnappers from the kidnappees. It has nothing to do with being a deterrent to immigration, as apparently EVERYONE that comes to the border is actually a human trafficker because you know, families don't exist in ****hole countries.
golden sloth
Another Bear said:

In other words: conservatives, wing nuts and libertarians have made things worse...totally fccked up a country to the point people are fleeing. Yeah, good job wing nuts...LOSERS.
Libertarians also severely screwed up Kansas a few years ago. Of course, the Libertarians simply blame everyone else for not fully committing to the free market, but in actual fact, that is stupid. There is more to having a successful economy than no taxes or regulation, you need infrastructure and an educated and skilled workforce, which takes investment.
Another Bear
Libertarians couldn't run an outhouse...because at some point they'd be eating shyt, and there goes the profits!!!

But seriously...the Libertarian pipe dream of no taxes but things run like business is both a fantasy and utter failure. The two examples of failure in Kansas and Honduras says so.
bearister
The bargain with the Devil:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/opinion/the-devil-and-tom-donohue.html
bearister
While any death is tragic, a February 2018 study by the Cato Institute using 2015 crime statistics from Texas found immigrants in the country illegally were 25 percent less likely to be convicted of homicide than native-born Americans. (Legal immigrants were 87 percent less likely.) NPR Fact Check
bearister

So then it is safe to assume that Murdoch knowingly allows Fox News to disseminate falsehoods on this issue because the hillbillies lap it up and it makes him $$$$$$
Bobodeluxe
You're out of your cotton picking mind!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/david-bossie-former-trump-adviser-to-black-fox-news-guest-youre-out-of-your-cotton-picking-mind.html

What?

Another Bear
This is Trump's former Homeland Securty Advisor talking. Seems it's a case of Nazi tactics and incompetence on the Trump admin.

Bossert: Executive order won't 'survive three weeks

Quote:

President Donald Trump's former Homeland Security adviser said Sunday that Trump's executive order halting family separations would "not survive three weeks" before it is overruled by the court.

"The problem with his executive order is, it's in direct contradiction to the standing order and ruling from the judge in 2015," Tom Bossert said on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. " My guess, that stroke of a pen does not survive three weeks before this court overrules it.
Another Bear
Closeted or outed KKK member...son of Foghorn Leghorn?
Bobodeluxe
His numbers keep going up because he is the Real American.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-advocates-depriving-undocumented-immigrants-of-due-process-rights/2018/06/24/dfa45d36-77bd-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?utm_term=.d5c0365ff6e9

'In a pair of tweets sent during his drive to his Virginia golf course, Trump described immigrants as invaders and wrote that U.S. immigration laws are "a mockery" and must be changed to take away trial rights from undocumented migrants.
"We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country," Trump wrote. "When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents."
The president continued in a second tweet, "Our Immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years! Immigration must be based on merit we need people who will help to Make America Great Again!''
bearister
What "merit" did tRump's mother and wife bring to the table when the alleged floodgates let them in?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.