COhen Pleads Guilty To Lying To Congress

1,202 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress and the result is that Trump calls him weak and a liar. It appears that Cohen was working on behalf of Trump and the Trump family regarding building Trump Tower in Moscow. The question is that if Cohen was such a liar and bad person, why was he in Trump's employment for 12 years? Reports indicate that Cohen discussed the Moscow project with Trump and Trump family members as early as January of 2016 and continued throughout 2016 despite the fact that Trump was running for POTUS. Trump has repeatedly said he had no business in Russia. If there was nothing wrong with what Trump did, then why was he hiding this? Cohen has spent numerous hours with Mueller providing information to the Special Counsel. Given that Cohen has pleaded guilt to financial and campaign finance law violations on behalf of Trump one has to wonder if the list of questions that were submitted to Trump address these issues and locked his testimony on those specific subjects. Mueller is circling Trump and his clan and waiting to strike. This is making Trump very nervous as evidenced by his increasing twitter comments over the last few days.

The other issue that this brings to light is that nothing gets built in Russia without Putin taking his piece and because banks were not providing loans for Trump, one has to ask where did the money come from for not only this project, but Trump's previous projects? Russian money seems to play a big part in the Trump organization. Money laundering and Russian influence seem to be issues that Trump is worried about as Cohen provides hours and hours of testimony to the Special Counsel. Mueller knows a lot more than Trump thinks he knows and has witnesses that will corroborate his findings.
blungld
My three year old does a better job of explaining how it wasn't them who stole the cookies than this 72 year old president. Every sentence he utters is a lie and double-speak. I didn't but maybe I did but I don't know but it isn't illegal and I know nothing about it. How can 40% of Americans tolerate this and still think of him as strong and a straight forward truth teller. Is it just as simple as he's my guy no matter what? Or in their mind defiance is strength and so facts or actions don't matter, just perceived strength? Are they this in need of a daddy in the White House to go along with their daddy in the sky? Party of values, please.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Cal Junkie
blungld said:

My three year old does a better job of explaining how it wasn't them who stole the cookies than this 72 year old president. Every sentence he utters is a lie and double-speak. I didn't but maybe I did but I don't know but it isn't illegal and I know nothing about it. How can 40% of Americans tolerate this and still think of him as strong and a straight forward truth teller. Is it just as simple as he's my guy no matter what? Or in their mind defiance is strength and so facts or actions don't matter, just perceived strength? Are they this in need of a daddy in the White House to go along with their daddy in the sky? Party of values, please.

The 40% of Americans is probably more like 25% but they vote rabidly. When push comes to shove, they really don't care if they are lied to, as they place a greater premium on "triggering libtards" beyond all else. This is the mindset of a cult. Facts be damned, full steam ahead and all that rot.
Anarchistbear
I'd seriously doubt 40% of the population knows who Michael Cohen is. Why should they?

I think the cult are the people who follow every revelation as if it is " this time we really, really, really do have him."
golden sloth
Cal Junkie said:

blungld said:

The 40% of Americans is probably more like 25% but they vote rabidly. When push comes to shove, they really don't care if they are lied to, as they place a greater premium on "triggering libtards" beyond all else. This is the mindset of a cult. Facts be damned, full steam ahead and all that rot.
I don't think it is so much about triggering people, as it is about their subconscious accepting the facts they are wrong.

You know I used to wonder about that survey from the 80's that said 25% of Americans thought the world was flat, I didn't accept it as I thought the numbers had have been skewed in some way. I also questioned the people that believed in superstitions like 'angels', 'big foot', ghosts and alien abductions. But with the rise of the internet and the rise of the Trumpers, I now see that a much greater portion of the American populace is delusional. My only potential explanation is that people's egos don't let them acknowledge or accept they are wrong.
concordtom
If you listened to Trump before he boarded the helicopter, Trump said that he hired Cohen long ago because he once did him a favor. I wanted someone to follow up by asking what the favor was.

Anyone know?
BearNIt
It is interesting that in light of Cohen's plea today that there is a report that the attorney that prepared Trump's taxes over the last decade has his office raided by the FBI.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-agents-raid-office-of-lawyer-who-previously-did-tax-work-for-trump/ar-BBQgssE
Another Bear
Cohen pleas. Turns out Manafort was Trump's inside mole, feeding infon to Trump's lawyers. Trump ditches the tree lighting without explanation. Bails on the Putin meeting.

I'm telling y'all...the sh*t is going to hit the fan..but not just yet.

Right now we're in the slow and painful evacuation stage. But don't rush things because as you know, that could make a much bigger mess. Let it out by its own accord and internal pressure. Then once it hits, scream and then...DUCK!!!

bearister
Good article on this latest development:

https://www.wired.com/story/michael-cohen-guilty-plea-muller-trump-moscow/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
blungld said:

..How can 40% of Americans tolerate this and still think of him as strong and a straight forward truth teller. Is it just as simple as he's my guy no matter what?.....

They perceive the Mad King as their Standard Bearer in the Culture War. Perhaps the only intelligent thing tRump has said in years is that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and he wouldn't lose any of his supporters. They view him as the only one fighting to defend the core values that define them as human beings. I know Conservative Catholics that went All In with tRump once he reinvented himself as Pro Life. The more damning evidence that is uncovered, the harder his supporters will dig in.

As I have said in the past, if you want to get a snapshot of the mindset of the millions of Americans that support tRump, you don't have to go any further than the comments in the Daily Mail. Here is a random sampling of comments posted on a story about Michael Cohen getting charged with lying to Congress:

"Mueller is gonna release a report saying Trump's campaign met with Russians, liberals will rejoice and then flood the world with their salty tears when they realize that's not actually a crime."

"The Mueller and his Democrat sublawyers have an approach that forces anyone brought in to lie in exchange door lighter punishment. "

"There has never been any collusion between our President and Russia. It is beyond fairness to prosecute others for issues happening a dozen years ago but having nothing to do with collusion. "

"It is a waste of taxpay3rs money to go after Trump when tons of evidence exists with Hillary and the dossier and Russia and it's a shame that Mueller doesn't go after the truly guilty."

"Mueller is pathetic. Failed on the election collusion, so now is reduced to process crimes in a lame attempt to justify his $30 million witch hunt. Sad."

"Marxist Democraps are trying to turn America into California, where the streets are paved with feces and used syringes. Democrats in SF have spent 330 mil in five years cleaning up human feces and used syringes, and the problems only gotten worse. This is how Democrats run a city. Nice. "

"Democrats=Hate=Violence=Deception=Open Borders= High Crime=High Taxes."
Anarchistbear
How's that song do? "If you're going to San Francisco, don't forget to put a sh$t stained syringe in your hair"
BearNIt
The Senate Intelligence Committee has and is reviewing testimony provided by individuals who came before it and has already made and will continue to make a number of sealed referrals of individuals for perjury.

Don Jr.
Jared Kushner
Ivanka (Has not yet testified, but should be called immediately due to her involvement in Moscow Tower)
Eric Prince
Eric Trump

bearister
Do you think Erik Prince will seize control of the government before or after he is indicted?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.