OT - Renewed Threat to cut Federal Assistance for California

2,768 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearForce2
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Must have been a quiet weekend in Washington politics for our 'Know Nothing Whig' POTUS.
He has discovered California, and an opportunity to threaten more US citizens in one state than anywhere else in the country.

The president wrote, "The Governor of California, @GavinNewsom, has done a terrible job of forest management. I told him from the first day we met that he must 'clean' his forest floors regardless of what his bosses, the environmentalists, DEMAND of him. Must also do burns and cut fire stoppers.....

"..Every year, as the fire's rage & California burns, it is the same thing-and then he comes to the Federal Government for $$$ help. No more. Get your act together Governor. You don't see close to the level of burn in other states...But our teams are working well together in.....
"....putting these massive, and many, fires out. Great firefighters! Also, open up the ridiculously closed water lanes coming down from the North. Don't pour it out into the Pacific Ocean. Should be done immediately. California desperately needs water, and you can have it now!"

Wasting no time, Governor Newsom did fire back, tweeting:
"You don't believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation."

Trump's harsh words come after Newsom on Friday threatened a possible takeover of the utility, Pacific Gas & Electric unless it can emerge from bankruptcy ahead of next year's wildfire season with a plan focused on safety. PG&E is blamed for sparking deadly wildfires across the state with its outdated equipment.

The Grump's massive ignorance has gotten tiresome after only a couple of years. Last year most of the burned acreage was Federal, so really the blame must have been on the Federal managers in the Executive Branch. Oh wait a second, that would be The Grump himself, Forever Blameless. Then it must be private sector landowners, big business like railroads and utilities. Oh Wait, they helped elect The Grump. He had to find somebody lower down on the list.

He has shown an amazing ability to gather together un-related factoids into a twitter post. Not sure what he meant by firestoppers, but California does require landowners to cut fire breaks annually in the late spring; but for large landowners like the Federal government these are relatively small compared to the acreage covered. His diminished critical thinking capabilities lead to statements like sending more water to Southern California when the largest fires are burning in Northern California - "Open up the ridiculously closed water lanes coming down from the North. Don't pour it out into the Pacific Ocean". aka "*****you Northern California, burn baby burn"

This last year, thanks to the Republican income tax increase for states like California, New Jersey, New York, etc... the Feds collected far more billions from California than they spent (or sent) back to California.
Now if the Grump wanted to stop sending Federal aid to California once it exceeded the amount collected in California as implementation of austere fiscal policy; I could support that as long as it applied to all 50 states as well.

Until that pipe dream becomes reality, "What should California do to counter the threats of our Emperor-God ?
XXXBEAR
The town of Paradise was a disaster waiting to happen as Cal Trans allowed a state highway to be narrowed to two lanes making a funnel where people were trapped.

The Ca. PUC has allowed or turned a blind eye to PG&E falsifying safety records in SanBruno and ignoring maintenance while paying out dividends and giving bonuses to its managers. Newsome could have opposed the bankruptcy, but didn't.

Gov. newsome originally stated "I own this." Now he blames global warming? He is the one who is blaming Trump because it is politically expedient.
UrsaMajor
XXXBEAR said:

The town of Paradise was a disaster waiting to happen as Cal Trans allowed a state highway to be narrowed to two lanes making a funnel where people were trapped.

The Ca. PUC has allowed or turned a blind eye to PG&E falsifying safety records in SanBruno and ignoring maintenance while paying out dividends and giving bonuses to its managers. Newsome could have opposed the bankruptcy, but didn't.

Gov. newsome originally stated "I own this." Now he blames global warming? He is the one who is blaming Trump because it is politically expedient.
Not sure how Newsome is responsible for a fire that occurred before he was governor. I also don't see where he's blaming Trump; he is saying that climate change is a factor in increasing the danger of fires and that Trump refuses to accept that there is such a thing.
C6Bear
XXXBEAR said:

Climate change is a huge factor in not only our new normal, but the new normal for the rest of the country as all as weather events get more and more extreme. tRump still ignores the obvious and still claims climate change is a Chinese-driven hoax. The tRump administration continues the budget slashing of prior Repub admins for the DOF. He also doesn't seem to grasp the fact that two-thirds of the forest land in this state is federally controlled, so maybe he needs to get his act together and grab a rake to clean up the forests as he once stupidly advised. Blaming Newson, Pelosi and CA for anything and everything is true political expediency since his moronic backers eat it up as he clowns and cons his way through the pre$idency.
bearister
What Do Evangelical Christians Really Think About Climate Change? Mother Jones

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/09/what-do-evangelical-christians-really-think-about-climate-change/

" Part of being a part of the evangelical community is showing that you keep good theologically conservative company, and environmentalism is associated with being liberal. In America, theological liberalism and political liberalism are kind of viewed as the same thing. So it does raise questions if you become interested in the environment."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
C6Bear
Don't get me started on evangelicals, the biggest hypocrites ever.
concordtom
C6Bear said:

...people who elected Trump, a liar, a cheat, an adulterer, a scoundrel.
Being evangelical is an embarrassment these days.
bearister
concordtom said:

C6Bear said:

I play golf with a couple of Evangelicals. A couple of weeks ago on a hot afternoon right before I teed off I proclaimed, "I'm glad I am the age that I am because with Climate Change I don't think I could take this kind of heat so frequently." Both of them giggled like school girls, for you see, in their world, Climate Change is nothing more than Left Wing nonsense. They have a "bundled" belief system as soldiers in the Culture War of Good vs Evil.
sp4149
concordtom said:

C6Bear said:

OK name the one commandment Trump wouldn't violate...
Please help me, I forgot...
bearister
sp4149 said:

concordtom said:

C6Bear said:

I bet 10 bitcoin tRump has violated all 10. Absolutely no way he hasn't.

Cal Junkie
bearister said:

concordtom said:

C6Bear said:

I play golf with a couple of Evangelicals. A couple of weeks ago on a hot afternoon right before I teed off I proclaimed, "I'm glad I am the age that I am because with Climate Change I don't think I could take this kind of heat so frequently." Both of them giggled like school girls, for you see, in their world, Climate Change is nothing more than Left Wing nonsense. They have a "bundled" belief system as soldiers in the Culture War of Good vs Evil.
You might want to upgrade your golfing partners, just sayin'.
sp4149
bearister said:

sp4149 said:

concordtom said:

C6Bear said:

I bet 10 bitcoin tRump has violated all 10. Absolutely no way he hasn't.

Reflecting that if you replace Lord, with Trump, he honors the first 3 and a half
Another Bear
Trump probably hates California because of the Congressional delegation, Pelosi, Schiff, Swalwell, Lieu, Spier, Waters, that is bringing it to Trump.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Trump probably hates California because of the Congressional delegation, Pelosi, Schiff, Swalwell, Lieu, Spier, Waters, that is bringing it to Trump.

Trump hates California because we hate him, he's never going to get any electoral college votes from us, and because our politicians and celebrities speak out against him.
Trump employs the old BushJr Doctrine:" either you are with me or against me."
dimitrig
Another Bear said:

On the other hand, McCarthy and Nunes kiss his butt.
Another Bear
dimitrig said:

Another Bear said:

Methinks those lads have crawled up Trump's butt and are now camping out.
bearister
Another Bear said:

dimitrig said:

Another Bear said:

Methinks those lads have crawled up Trump's butt and are now camping out.

tRump has to allocate Federal funds to help the fat f@uck states that voted for him.

Deep South States Have Among the Worst Adult Obesity Rates | Mississippi News | US News

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/mississippi/articles/2019-09-14/deep-south-states-have-among-the-worst-adult-obesity-rates
Another Bear
California gets .79 on every tax dollar sent to D.C. Guess who pockets that .21?
kelly09
Another Bear said:

California gets .79 on every tax dollar sent to D.C. Guess who pockets that .21?
The Swamp?????
bearister
Another Bear said:

Jarvanka?
BearForce2
Another Bear said:

This is an all-star hateful crew. California is on a downward trend and this started way before Trump. They won't fix it and the population keeps voting for the same people.

BearForce2
sp4149 said:

Until that pipe dream becomes reality, "What should California do to counter the threats of our Emperor-God ?
First, harness the intellectual resources of the city and county of SF and BART to clean up shaat on the streets, escalators, and train cars. After that, we can take on Emperor-God.

BearForce2
C6Bear said:

Please get started. I need a savior, someone righteous and holy like you. Save me.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.