Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Fardaws Aimaq
Cal Basketball

Aimaq Ready to Turn Cal Program Around

April 28, 2023
18,931

The Bears hosted a trio of players on official visits last weekend that could help reshape a Cal basketball program down in the dumps the past six seasons. The visitors included portal signees Fardaws Aimaq and Jaylen Cone along with former Texas Tech wing Jaylon Tyson, who the Bears are laser-focused on adding to their ‘23 portal class.

Through three seasons and 83 games played heading into the season, the 6’11 Aimaq added 1,056 points (12.7 per game), 918 rebounds (11.1 per game) and 99 blocks (1.2) in his career. He returned from a foot injury in January this season 

"It was super good," Aimaq said of his visit. "I came down there with my mom. My dad was supposed to come out but there was family stuff that happened so he just had to handle some stuff back at home but it was super good man. We had a great time. Obviously, with me and (Jalen) Cone and (Jaylon) Tyson there together at the same time made a visit a lot more fun.”

Tyson, a former teammate of both Devin Askew at Texas and Aimaq at Texas Tech is a high-priority target for the Bears so the possibility of bringing in the talented wing through the portal is a tantalizing one for Cal fans.

"Me and Jaylon are super close,” Aimaq said. “We have a great relationship and then me and Cone, I think we hit it off pretty good. I mean, he's a great dude. He comes from a great family. His parents were awesome. His little daughter was awesome. So it was, it was super fun." 

"Daws is a physically imposing player with a proven ability to impact both ends of the court at a high level," Cal head coach Mark Madsen said. "His work ethic in the gym and the weight room, paired with natural skill on the block and the perimeter will make him an immediate difference-maker for our program next season. I know Daws to be a tremendous young man who was raised the right way and who is incredibly hungry to succeed. I'm excited to reunite with him in Bear Territory."

Knowing that the program was coming off the worst season in its history, Aimaq relishes the opportunity to be a part of a team that brings winning basketball back to Berkeley.

"100%," Aimaq said. "I mean, all we've been talking about is an Elite Eight, Final Four run and with the team that we've put together and are putting together, this is going to be the first time where I'll be fully healthy and with myself and Jay if he comes are both Player of the Year type caliber players in that conference. And there's a couple other guys off the radar that if we get, bro it's gonna be a scary turnaround.  And then I know we're in the mix right now for a couple big wings hopefully maybe find another big or maybe four that can shoot it well, so we're in the mix for some dudes right now."

Aimaq and his new teammates are taking an active role in the recruiting process to do all they can to help build a winner at Cal.

"The coaches call me every day because everyone wants to play with the bigs and especially when you have a coach like Mark Madson, he's super NBA-oriented. His offense is super easy flowing. He really lets guys run down the floor. I think that's that has a big appeal to a lot of guys. There's obviously structure but you can do a lot of things out of the stuff that he runs and I like to talk with some guys that we've been recruiting like, that's been a big appeal. So I think, Mark and everyone else on staff is doing a really good job right now in recruiting."

The ability to reunite with his former head coach was a big selling point for the center from Vancouver as well.

"I'm not gonna lie, it was the sole reason why I chose to come to Cal now," Aimaq said. "I had a visit set up with Missouri and then the week after I was gonna go to Texas and then coach had gotten the job. And then I called one of my guys and said I think we're gonna have to cancel this visit and this visit. And then as soon as Mark got the job, he called me right away. He called me that night. And then from there, I knew, I was like, man, this is all I could ask for, playing for someone who knows exactly how to use me, knows how to recruit, knows how to do everything to win at the power five level.

"What he did at Utah Valley with very limited resources, there are multiple examples of guys that he's brought in throughout the years. Guys like myself, I came in as someone super under-recruited. Just with player development like from where he took me from my first year to my last year at Utah Valley just shows the kind of developmental guy. He did that with Aziz (Bendoago) last year coming from Acron. Guys like Trey Woodbury, Justin Harmon, who's now at Illinois, Le'Tre Darthard, who just committed to Oklahoma. So he knows how to produce power five guys that maybe essentially in the beginning, they weren't that and he develops them into that.”

A skilled eye for talent combined with proven players Madsen has already added to the portal are part of a quick turnaround strategy to help get the Bears’ ship turned around quickly.

“He does have an eye for talent. He really does,” Aimaq said. “It's crazy because he is one of the smartest people I've ever truly met. I'm not even talking just about basketball and sports but like stuff outside of basketball, you can't outsmart him. He's a Stanford graduate for a reason.

“Coming out of high school, he could have almost gone anywhere and he chose Stanford for a reason. And obviously, we're down for him, but it's just funny how things worked out like the dude who went to one of our biggest rival schools is down the street to be the rival school’s head coach. That's kind of funny how that works out.”

Aimaq is set to be the centerpiece of Madsen’s new scheme - something that definitely attracted Cal’s new center.

“Just talking to Coach basically, his vision is that we're obviously going to play through me and I think his plan is just to put a bunch of shooters around me and guys who can play off the ball and on the ball. And we're just gonna be a lethal team in terms of like shooting one through four, really just shoot the crap out the ball is just going to be the plan. Just hit the open three. I think the way that he's kind of planning on building this team is super fast-paced play, up and down. And then obviously, play through the post, like go through me and basically demand double teams and then we're gonna have a ton of shooters out there and spread them out. If we get him, Jaylon Tyson shot 40 from three. Jalen Cone shot 43 from three and some of the other guys we might get shoot well from three. So we’re gonna have some guys who are gonna be knockdown shooters and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. Like within the first I want to say four or five games when they see what we can do. We're gonna try and make a statement and I think that the scheduling and stuff is gonna play a big part of that. Obviously, you start off with some easier wins on the schedule, and then you build on it and go to town and make some noise, hopefully.”

The natural chemistry beyond the construction of the new roster with the committed players who have already played together, those being recruited and a staff that has worked with many of the players already is paying dividends so far.

“You know, I played under Coach Madsen and Coach Matt (Scherbansky) and guys we’re recruiting, like Tyson and Woodbury,” Aimaq noted. “Tyson played with Devin Askew. it's funny how it works, like the whole full circle thing with some guys on staff that I was either with at Tech or I was with at Utah Valley now all over here. The new guys that he's bringing in. I think we're taking a big step toward the right direction for Cal basketball.”

Assistant coach Matt Scherbanske could be a big part of the new roster construction as well with his recruiting ability and connections to Aimaq and offeree Tyson.

“Our relationship is super close,” Aimaq said. “He was my head recruiter at Texas Tech. He's the guy that brought me over. He was the guy that brought Jalen Tyson over to Tech as well. Once he got hired by Mark Madson, that was also another thing that played a big role in it where I was like, man, like this is literally the way that this is working out. like it's it's almost so hard to turn down. Like I can't turn down this opportunity. And the rest of staff are high-level guys that he's brought in.

“One thing that’s clear when you meet Coach is he’s making a statement like we're not here to mess around like, he told me like he's like, we're not he's like, we're not playing to hope to make the tournament or this or that. He said we're playing to make a run in the tournament. When he talks, he has this demeanor where it's like when he says something, he truly, truly means it. And it's crazy because some coaches just say stuff and it's like, they don't truly mean it. Like when he says that he truly means it.

“I have the assistants calling me every single day, telling me they've been working, man. They've been working the phones, they've been working every resource possible, whether it's fixing the nutrition station or fixing this or that or raising the budget on whatever they're trying to do to put us in the best possible position to make a run. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to get through the first part of the season and conference play and all that as well.”

Part of the rebuilding plan will center around Aimaq continuing to rehab his injured foot from last season where he gamely played through the injury late in the season to try and help his team.

“I think I'm about a month out is what I'm hearing from doctors from being fully healthy, like fully clear to do everything, so that's super, super exciting,” Aimaq said. “it's been a long, long road. It's been a six to eight month deal. But the position I was in last year was a little tough just because, when you're coming in as a preseason top 20 team, and the team was kind of built around me and then once I got hurt, before the season started, it kind of put our team in a little bit of disarray. And once conference, play started, we were 0-10 at one point and I kind of felt pressure to play.

“We had injuries that happened last year and we were the youngest team in the Big 12. We had like eight freshmen, and Jalen, in my eyes,  was a freshman. It was his first real year of playing last year. So it was a tricky situation with the stuff that happened but hopefully we can get Tech on the schedule, maybe play them in the first second or second round of the tournament or something like that.”

Aimaq’s visit to Cal last weekend further solidified that he’d made the right decision as his comfort level was strong right away.

“I have a lot of family out in the bay in Fremont, Sacramento and the general San Francisco area,” Aimaq noted. “The support from that community has been a real, like they've just been blowing me up a ton and even random people message me and say, “Try this this restaurant when you get out here. Got you with this and that and that's just cool to see the support in the community and I'm super excited to just turn things around.

“And I'm from Vancouver, so it's super similar to where I'm from. It just felt like home. The campus was packed and just the energy's different. And it's not Texas. It's that nice Cali weather. Obviously I'm super, super excited to get down there. I think I'm down there within the next two to three weeks. We don't start till like mid-June or something like that. But ‘llI get down a little bit early, finish up my rehab and hopefully I'm ready to go by the time official practices start.”

“It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know? And it's like, I feel like we're gonna see throughout the year with winning and stuff, we're gonna slowly start to fill out that arena again, slowly start to game by game just try to bring back the culture that Cal basketball had in the past and try and restore that legacy that they once had once when those legends played. But I'm hoping by the end of the season or in conference play, we have some only packed-out games, playing in Haas.”

For win-starved Cal basketball fans, that day can’t come soon enough.

Related:

Bear Insider Podcast: Rancho Christian Combo Guard Rodney Brown

Cone Excited to Rebuild Cal Hoops

Texas Tech 6'11 Center Portal transfer Aimaq Commits to Cal

Discussion from...

Aimaq Ready to Turn Cal Program Around

14,750 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by HoopDreams
75bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man, how can you not be pumped up for Cal basketball after reading Aimaq's quotes.

I can't wait to root for this team in person this year. I haven't been to Haas in a little while, but that's about to change.
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elite 8? Final 4? OK easy there young fella. Nah talk about it. Lessssgooooo!!!
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great interview. Yes, Fremont has the largest Afghan community in the US. The book "The Kite Runner" was set there.

Cal basketball is fun again.
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wasn't 22 Kingsley Okoro's number?
Go Bears!
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KoreAmBear said:

Elite 8? Final 4? OK easy there young fella. Nah talk about it. Lessssgooooo!!!
Really close with Tyson, but the worry is Kansas is putting up big money, decision to be reached w/in the upcoming week. Separately there will be some solid news with a couple more needed players at wing and combo guard. Gonna be a fun up tempo style of basketball, with players who can shoot the 3 and get up and down the court.
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More real recruiting news!
Thanks!

I hope the combo guard is woodbury. In the two games I saw him play, he is a hooper

4thGenCal said:

KoreAmBear said:

Elite 8? Final 4? OK easy there young fella. Nah talk about it. Lessssgooooo!!!
Really close with Tyson, but the worry is Kansas is putting up big money, decision to be reached w/in the upcoming week. Separately there will be some solid news with a couple more needed players at wing and combo guard. Gonna be a fun up tempo style of basketball, with players who can shoot the 3 and get up and down the court.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know."

We all have been, but our AD is a tool.

calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:


"It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know."

We all have been, but our AD is a tool.




I honestly think Knowlton had no idea we had ever been good in football and/or basketball and did not think we expected to be good again. He thought we were a liberal, high academic Air Force that would quadruple his Air Force salary with no higher expectations.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

dimitrig said:


"It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know."

We all have been, but our AD is a tool.




I honestly think Knowlton had no idea we had ever been good in football and/or basketball and did not think we expected to be good again. He thought we were a liberal, high academic Air Force that would quadruple his Air Force salary with no higher expectations.


I am sure he knew, but our current administration has no aspiration to return to those heights and that wasn't part of the expectations for his job. His job was to run a clean program and not lose too much money while trying to field as many of Cal's traditional sports as possible. I really think that he is doing exactly what was expected of him and hence the long extension. I just keep praying that his indifference to the McKeever thing sinks him.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

calumnus said:

dimitrig said:


"It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know."

We all have been, but our AD is a tool.




I honestly think Knowlton had no idea we had ever been good in football and/or basketball and did not think we expected to be good again. He thought we were a liberal, high academic Air Force that would quadruple his Air Force salary with no higher expectations.


I am sure he knew, but our current administration has no aspiration to return to those heights and that wasn't part of the expectations for his job. His job was to run a clean program and not lose too much money while trying to field as many of Cal's traditional sports as possible. I really think that he is doing exactly what was expected of him and hence the long extension. I just keep praying that his indifference to the McKeever thing sinks him.



Crazy that Christ thinks she needs to pay $1.3 million a year for that.
CAL4LIFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

dimitrig said:

calumnus said:

dimitrig said:


"It's crazy because from everyone that I've talked to that from back in the day, they're just waiting for Cal basketball to be good again, you know."

We all have been, but our AD is a tool.




I honestly think Knowlton had no idea we had ever been good in football and/or basketball and did not think we expected to be good again. He thought we were a liberal, high academic Air Force that would quadruple his Air Force salary with no higher expectations.


I am sure he knew, but our current administration has no aspiration to return to those heights and that wasn't part of the expectations for his job. His job was to run a clean program and not lose too much money while trying to field as many of Cal's traditional sports as possible. I really think that he is doing exactly what was expected of him and hence the long extension. I just keep praying that his indifference to the McKeever thing sinks him.



Crazy that Christ thinks she needs to pay $1.3 million a year for that.
Not crazy at all. Fiscal responsibility and logic has never been part of the Cal dynamic.

oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4thGenCal said:

KoreAmBear said:

Elite 8? Final 4? OK easy there young fella. Nah talk about it. Lessssgooooo!!!
Really close with Tyson, but the worry is Kansas is putting up big money, decision to be reached w/in the upcoming week. Separately there will be some solid news with a couple more needed players at wing and combo guard. Gonna be a fun up tempo style of basketball, with players who can shoot the 3 and get up and down the court.
Hopefully we come close on the money. Also maybe playing for a guy who knows what it takes to get in to the NBA , where he can make big money, will be a deciding factor..
Go Bears!
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams said:

More real recruiting news!
Thanks!

I hope the combo guard is woodbury. In the two games I saw him play, he is a hooper

4thGenCal said:

KoreAmBear said:

Elite 8? Final 4? OK easy there young fella. Nah talk about it. Lessssgooooo!!!
Really close with Tyson, but the worry is Kansas is putting up big money, decision to be reached w/in the upcoming week. Separately there will be some solid news with a couple more needed players at wing and combo guard. Gonna be a fun up tempo style of basketball, with players who can shoot the 3 and get up and down the court.

Woodbury is in play for sure (but desperately need more NIL funds) the 2 new announcements forthcoming, are good players just not big name splash players - but are very good shooters.
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not so down on Knowlton as I was two months ago. I think he figured out that unlike at Air Force a losing MBB team is not acceptable at Cal. Then he put due diligence into hiring the coach and supporting the program. We haven't won any games yet but so far I am impressed with the signs of progress.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
understood amigo, knowlton has mismanaged both football & basketball in favor of his preferred olympic sports, he is under investigation by the chancellor with potential termination in the cards & meanwhile the dept is facing countless future major lawsuits while he collects his annual $1,300,000+ salary
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so then presumably we'd target 2 out of the 3 of tyson, aziz, and woodbury correct (if my scholarship math adds up)?
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intuit said:

There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
but with these two shooters we're adding, doesn't that only leave 2 spots open for tyson/woodbury/aziz?
Gkhoury2325
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eastcoastcal said:

Intuit said:

There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
but with these two shooters we're adding, doesn't that only leave 2 spots open for tyson/woodbury/aziz?


Could the two shooters 4thGen was speaking of
Be Tyson and Woodbury, or is he speaking of two different players? I get more NIL is needed to acquire these 3 players. I wonder who the players are and if there is enough NIL to acquire more players?
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's true Tyson and Woodbury fit 4rth's description of a couple of 3 point sharpshooters that would mesh with the existing 1, 2, 3 rotation of Cone, Askew, & Celestine.

I don't think Aziz is the 3rd player that he was alluding to in his original post.
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eastcoastcal said:

Intuit said:

There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
but with these two shooters we're adding, doesn't that only leave 2 spots open for tyson/woodbury/aziz?
Correct- there is a combo guard and a wing who have verbally committed, but not yet announced. With that the total is 11 scholarships taken and 2 remaining. Tyson is key, but not a done deal at all yet(His decision should happen w/in next few days). Woodbury and Aziz both would like to play for Coach Madsen, but NIL must be raised for them or other prospects. There are a lot of rabid Cal basketball fans and most have disposable monies to put toward NIL - but many are resistant to the concept of their monies going toward NIL. I understand and respect one's personal stance - for me, I want the program to win and NIL monies is essential to achieving a conference contending program and post season qualifying.
graguna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4thGenCal said:

eastcoastcal said:

Intuit said:

There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
but with these two shooters we're adding, doesn't that only leave 2 spots open for tyson/woodbury/aziz?
Correct- there is a combo guard and a wing who have verbally committed, but not yet announced. With that the total is 11 scholarships taken and 2 remaining. Tyson is key, but not a done deal at all yet(His decision should happen w/in next few days). Woodbury and Aziz both would like to play for Coach Madsen, but NIL must be raised for them or other prospects. There are a lot of rabid Cal basketball fans and most have disposable monies to put toward NIL - but many are resistant to the concept of their monies going toward NIL. I understand and respect one's personal stance - for me, I want the program to win and NIL monies is essential to achieving a conference contending program and post season qualifying.

"I want the program to win and NIL monies is essential to achieving a conference contending program and post season qualifying."
Cause its all about money, aint a damn thing funny. ya gotta have a con in the land of milk and honey.
Cals lost for years. Now frustrated fans can buy players and help the team win. CAL has more frustrated fans than most and thanks to the CAL education, a higher average salary and more disposable wealth. The cards are finally stacked in CAL's favor if fans take advantage of this opprtunity. Lets Go!!!!
Gkhoury2325
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4thGenCal said:

eastcoastcal said:

Intuit said:

There are still enough scholarships available to accommodate the addition of Tyson, Woodbury and Aziz.

The question that pops to mind now, is there enough court time available to satisfy the development needs, personal aspirations & ego of all these future professional players.
but with these two shooters we're adding, doesn't that only leave 2 spots open for tyson/woodbury/aziz?
Correct- there is a combo guard and a wing who have verbally committed, but not yet announced. With that the total is 11 scholarships taken and 2 remaining. Tyson is key, but not a done deal at all yet(His decision should happen w/in next few days). Woodbury and Aziz both would like to play for Coach Madsen, but NIL must be raised for them or other prospects. There are a lot of rabid Cal basketball fans and most have disposable monies to put toward NIL - but many are resistant to the concept of their monies going toward NIL. I understand and respect one's personal stance - for me, I want the program to win and NIL monies is essential to achieving a conference contending program and post season qualifying.


4thGenCal, Thank you for this new and exciting news. To know there is 2 new commits, do you feel there will be major contributors or just players that will contribute some? Would they be at Cal one yr or multiple years potentially? I wonder if they would be starters are just be reserves that will strengthen the bench. I am still hoping we secure Tyson. Great and exciting times.
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as a Cal basketball fanatic who has suffered through many years of hoops misery, and endured sitting in a emptying Haas Pavilion until only Big C and a few other fans remained, this is all big news.

with a new coach, with a completely different personality, attitude, and NBA style offensive I expect excitement and energy to return

With changes to the sideline student section the students will be back and Haas will rock and roll again

but the rest of the Pac 12 hasn't been idle and we are starting at the bottom. To really supercharge the team we will need some additional elite players. Woodbury and Aziz and Tyson would do that, with Aziz the type of impact player and rim protector that we haven't seen in decades.

But to do that we will need substantial more NIL and we need it quickly as other teams already have these 3 players on their high priority lists

we have a unique opportunity to change the trajectory and narrative of Cal basketball

Let's Go!

https://calegends.com/
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Warriors fans don't seem to have a problem with players getting payed. Its still their team.they dont need players to come here just because they want to play for the Warriors be cause they love the team.

Things change. Embrace the change or all will be lost. Is College now a paid minor league? Maybe. Who cares. You either support Cal in the new, real world or you don't. Is Cal your team? Do you get enjoyment and satisfaction when Cal wins and is competitive? Would there be pride in the school if we had a top team? Do you think the students would have a better College experience if they had an opportunity to attend exciting, winning basketball? I do.

I suggest if you have extra money you give some to help everyone associated with Cal.in doing so, uou will help yourself.
Go Bears!
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please clarify 4rth's post. His post says that California currently has a combo guard and wing as unannounced commitments. He also indicates that California continues to prioritize the recruitment of J. Tyson, and I believe Aziz, and Woodbury.

Is he indicating that there are only two scholarships remaining to be allocated between these three guys?

Is it possible that Aziz and Woodbury are one or both of the silent commitments to which he referred?
parentswerebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aziz is neither a combo guard nor a wing. It seems pretty clear from 4thgen's post that there are indeed 2 spots for 3 guys from the description of the two commits.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker said:

Warriors fans don't seem to have a problem with players getting payed. Its still their team.they dont need players to come here just because they want to play for the Warriors be cause they love the team.

Things change. Embrace the change or all will be lost. Is College now a paid minor league? Maybe. Who cares. You either support Cal in the new, real world or you don't. Is Cal your team? Do you get enjoyment and satisfaction when Cal wins and is competitive? Would there be pride in the school if we had a top team? Do you think the students would have a better College experience if they had an opportunity to attend exciting, winning basketball? I do.

I suggest if you have extra money you give some to help everyone associated with Cal.in doing so, uou will help yourself.


Well, I start to have a problem with it if the university is subsidizing this. If the revenue sports bring income and other advantages to the university then maybe, but the university is providing facilities and other benefits. Plus, these players are ostensibly taking up a spot in the classroom that could go to someone else.

That said, the idea of NIL is that the players are earning their money on their own outside of whatever the school is providing in terms of scholarships, housing, etc. I support that but stop short if college athletics is a paid minor league.
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intuit said:

Please clarify 4rth's post. His post says that California currently has a combo guard and wing as unannounced commitments. He also indicates that California continues to prioritize the recruitment of J. Tyson, and I believe Aziz, and Woodbury.

Is he indicating that there are only two scholarships remaining to be allocated between these three guys?

Is it possible that Aziz and Woodbury are one or both of the silent commitments to which he referred?
Yes, Yes, Yes and No: ) Tyson is key, but its going to be really hard to get both of the other top guys (due to money).
Gkhoury2325
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well on TOS, someone pointed out that at the Verbal Commits website and it shows Portland G Mike Meadows committed to Cal on Aug. 30. He averaged 11pts. He is 6'2" 175lbs. It appears he has one year left of eligibility. He scored 39 points in a game against Santa Clara University.
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Meadows - Men's Basketball - University of Portland Athletics (portlandpilots.com)

His basketball resume from Portland site
Basketball Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskidunker said:



I suggest if you have extra money you give some to help everyone associated with Cal.in doing so, uou will help yourself.
How does one donate money to NIL directly? I know Bear Insider said they would donate all new monies from premium subscribers so I joined. Now how do i donate more to NIL basketball?
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Basketball Bear said:

oskidunker said:



I suggest if you have extra money you give some to help everyone associated with Cal.in doing so, uou will help yourself.
How does one donate money to NIL directly? I know Bear Insider said they would donate all new monies from premium subscribers so I joined. Now how do i donate more to NIL basketball?


Here you go! https://calegends.com/
Go Bears!
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4thGenCal said:

Tyson is key, but its going to be really hard to get both of the other top guys (due to money).
I like Woodbury but Bandaogo is an otherworldly talent. I think if we sign Bandaogo the other pieces will be less critical.
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.