THE OFFICIAL BEARINSIDER tRUMP THEY CALL IT STORMY MONDAY THREAD

9,539 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by bearister
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm surprised BearGoggles hasn't shown up to tell us that some verbal gaffe made by Biden is actually much worse than Trump conspiring with a tabloid to plant false and defamatory stories about his political opponents and hide his affairs.

In a number of instances it sounds like Michael Cohen invented the stories from whole cloth and Pecker embellished them for maximum effect. Now you may laugh and say that the National Enquirer is a rag that no one should pay attention to, except the fake stories from there did have an impact and some of them showed up in this very forum (like the fabricated health problems they attributed to Clinton in 2016).

Where are Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi? Where are all of the critics of the "liberal" media? Are we to believe that none of it is real?

Meanwhile, it looks like almost a third of PA republicans voted for Haley, who dropped out of the race 2 months ago lol. The initial voting was even worse for Trump but a bunch of "suspicious" late votes came in to pad his lead. Hopefully the GOP looks into this strongly and considers appointing fake electors at the GOP convention so that people can choose who PA actually voted for.

oski003
oski003
Palestinian Chicken said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm surprised BearGoggles hasn't shown up to tell us that some verbal gaffe made by Biden is actually much worse than Trump conspiring with a tabloid to plant false and defamatory stories about his political opponents and hide his affairs

[snip]

Where are Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi?
It's so easy to point out liberal hypocrisy that I honestly feel sad for people like U2Sucks. They live in such a bubble that they really think they have gotcha's.

That stuff should be a news headline, as well as Trump using the enquirer. This is dirty all around.
concordtom
tequila4kapp said:

bear2034 said:

We can't let things like facts get in the way. The show must go on; the TDS crowd needs its fix.

So, you think he's innocent of the charge?
Come on, man.
Your logic is faulty.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

Trump having another bad day in court.

By every account I've seen, the gag order hearing in the hush money case was a mess.

We've also learned that Trump had stories planted in the National Enquirer to influence the primaries against Cruz and Rubio.

There's been some chatter that Cohen has tapes of some of these crimes and that Weisselberg took notes. I'm skeptical but if so, lolol.

Trump's facing trouble in his stolen documents case too. There is a lot of pretend outrage happening because the federal government was involved in retrieving documents owned by the federal government that Trump stole, but there is no scandal there. The biggest mistake made was allowing Trump to continue to crime for as long as they did. Bad for our natsec to let him carry on in his seaside resorts with national defense secrets on display in his ballroom and bathroom.

Excellent post. Thank you!

I never knew this bit about how it all started with wanting only 3 documents back.
concordtom
calbear93 said:

bearister said:

Drudge has gone all in against Trump. I remember when Drudge was all in for Trump. Brutal summary of the linked articles.

Perhaps what is most sad in this last 8 year cycle is for me to witness how malleable the electorate is.

I don't know that I'll ever again believe in the nobility of the American Way where people come together to elect the best and the brightest after they present their high minded vision for how to best progress into the future.

Instead, perhaps these things (societal progress) goes in cycles:

We were evolving after the horrors of ww2, but now we forget the lessons of the past and will devolve into having to learn the same things over again.

Or

We had a form of democracy 2000 years ago, civilization was on the rise, but then we fell into the dark ages, but then renaissance rebirth, followed by…

Just because we land on some high plateau doesn't mean we are going to stay there.
Expect bad things. Man is not as noble as we might like to think. He is an animal, a beast.

This article asks: "are voters just lemmings?"
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/05/are-voters-just-lemmings
concordtom
Palestinian Chicken said:

calbear93 said:

You have to wonder whether Trump…

Way too much downside and not much upside.

You're starting to see the light!!
oski003
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

Drudge has gone all in against Trump. I remember when Drudge was all in for Trump. Brutal summary of the linked articles.

Perhaps what is most sad in this last 8 year cycle is for me to witness how malleable the electorate is.

I don't know that I'll ever again believe in the nobility of the American Way where people come together to elect the best and the brightest after they present their high minded vision for how to best progress into the future.

Instead, perhaps these things (societal progress) goes in cycles:

We were evolving after the horrors of ww2, but now we forget the lessons of the past and will devolve into having to learn the same things over again.

Or

We had a form of democracy 2000 years ago, civilization was on the rise, but then we fell into the dark ages, but then renaissance rebirth, followed by…

Just because we land on some high plateau doesn't mean we are going to stay there.
Expect bad things. Man is not as noble as we might like to think. He is an animal, a beast.

This article asks: "are voters just lemmings?"
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/05/are-voters-just-lemmings

Is the 65 reporters who had similar meetings & arrangements with the Clinton Campaign in 2016 where they conspired to elevate Hillary Clinton against her opponent Trump a made up story?
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

I look forward to a future authoritarian loving BI poster citing these covers as proof of something or other in a few decades.

Yellow Journalism?
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

I'm surprised BearGoggles hasn't shown up to tell us that some verbal gaffe made by Biden is actually much worse than Trump conspiring with a tabloid to plant false and defamatory stories about his political opponents and hide his affairs.

In a number of instances it sounds like Michael Cohen invented the stories from whole cloth and Pecker embellished them for maximum effect. Now you may laugh and say that the National Enquirer is a rag that no one should pay attention to, except the fake stories from there did have an impact and some of them showed up in this very forum (like the fabricated health problems they attributed to Clinton in 2016).

Where are Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi? Where are all of the critics of the "liberal" media? Are we to believe that none of it is real?

Meanwhile, it looks like almost a third of PA republicans voted for Haley, who dropped out of the race 2 months ago lol. The initial voting was even worse for Trump but a bunch of "suspicious" late votes came in to pad his lead. Hopefully the GOP looks into this strongly and considers appointing fake electors at the GOP convention so that people can choose who PA actually voted for.

I've just been catching up on the news for the last two days. The trial sounds very damning for Trump at this point.

What an absolute travesty that America does not get to watch it on TV. Everybody was saying that America should be able to see the truth in court before deciding in this election, but we don't get to. And if 12 jurors find him guilty, The same all media forces will spinet in someway to cloud the perception. Trump voters won't have all the information because they never got to see it with their own eyes. It will all be through a lens which is failed, biased, manipulated. Many voters are too stupid to actually see the truth.
oski003
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I look forward to a future authoritarian loving BI poster citing these covers as proof of something or other in a few decades.

Yellow Journalism?

Does it matter that his opponent was doing similar things by planting Russia collusion stories?

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-2022-midterm-elections-business-elections-presidential-elections-5468774d18e8c46f81b55e9260b13e93
concordtom
oski003 said:

Is the 65 reporters who had similar meetings & arrangements with the Clinton Campaign in 2016 where they conspired to elevate Hillary Clinton against her opponent Trump a made up story?

Did they commit crimes, spread lies?
Or strategize on how to communicate a healthy vision of American prosperity?

Don't be a dumbass.
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Does it matter that his opponent was doing similar things by planting Russia collusion stories?

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-2022-midterm-elections-business-elections-presidential-elections-5468774d18e8c46f81b55e9260b13e93

Oh, sorry.
You ARE a dumbass.
Because the Russia collusion story is real.
Perhaps you need to consult your unredacted Mueller Report.

dajo9
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Trump is being charged with falsifying business records.
American Vermin
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Oh, sorry.
You ARE a dumbass.

Again, per my link which you and dajo9 appear allergic to reading

"the dossier has been largely discredited since its publication, with core aspects of the material exposed as unsupported and unproven rumors."
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Per my link which you and tom appear allergic to reading

"Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier."
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

Did they commit crimes, spread lies?
Or strategize on how to communicate a healthy vision of American prosperity?

Don't be a dumbass.

Yes, they spread lies. Whether or not it was a crime appears to be in the eye of the beholder.
bearister
Just think of the "catch and kill" story David Pecker must have hidden up his sleeve that makes him the only person in this trial that has escaped tRump's venom. It must be a good'un.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Per my link which you and tom appear allergic to reading

"Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier."
So, Hillary Clinton did not falsify business records like Trump did.
American Vermin
tequila4kapp
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

The statute of limitations on that NY State misdemeanor charge has expired.

It is (allegedly) revived by tying it to a federal elections law violation. Except:
1. The DOJ and FEC ruled the expenditures were not illegal;
2. Those rulings are consistent with prior application of the law;
3. Bragg's predecessor determined these same facts did not constitute a chargeable offense.

So Bragg tries to infuse life into the charges by claiming a Conspiracy to influence the 2016 election. Except:
1. Trump is not charged with Conspiracy.
2. The payments were made in 2017. One might normally understand that 2017 actions could not influence a 2016 event.

The Judge's daughter is personally profiting from this trial via her position as VP of a Dem organization that has raised millions of dollars off this trial for Adam Schiff and others. But he refuses to recuse himself, claiming he has 'searched his conscience' and decided he is impartial.

I know, I know...but Trump is (insert whatever) and Clarence Thomas wouldn't recuse himself. Whatever. At some point decent human beings have to be able to say the obvious, even if it benefits a bad person: these charges and this trial are political warfare and un-American, a stain on Justice everywhere.
bear2034
concordtom said:

Maybe you guys can resurrect the narrative and push it again in 2024 if the lawfare doesn't work out?
Unit2Sucks
LOL. This guy points out that by the conditions of his release for his federal trial (sorry, to be more specific his federal trial for subverting the election not the separate trial for stealing government property), Trump is not allowed to commit any crimes. Obviously this is completely unfair to a thug like Trump - there has to be some baseline level of criming that Trump can continue to do without consequence. Like maybe don't let him kill people but a little bit of fraud has to be okay right?

There are very few guarantees in life (they used to say it was death and taxes but people like Trump have figured out how to avoid taxes!), but you can pretty much guarantee that if Trump were to be held accountable for any misconduct ever under any circumstance, there would be cries that it is "unfair."

Even though Trump was explicitly told that his pre-trial release required him to stop criming, and even though Merchan's gag order is straight forward and Trump has been notified that violation could result in criminal contempt, the application of any rule of law to Trump will be deemed "unfair" and the defenders will show up to tell us exactly why that is. Many of them will preface their outrage by reminding us that they are "no fan of Trump" or whatever, but they just want to make sure that everyone is aware that application of the rule of law is unfair to him.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL. This guy points out that by the conditions of his release for his federal trial (sorry, to be more specific his federal trial for subverting the election not the separate trial for stealing government property), Trump is not allowed to commit any crimes. Obviously this is completely unfair to a thug like Trump - there has to be some baseline level of criming that Trump can continue to do without consequence. Like maybe don't let him kill people but a little bit of fraud has to be okay right?

There are very few guarantees in life (they used to say it was death and taxes but people like Trump have figured out how to avoid taxes!), but you can pretty much guarantee that if Trump were to be held accountable for any misconduct ever under any circumstance, there would be cries that it is "unfair."

Even though Trump was explicitly told that his pre-trial release required him to stop criming, and even though Merchan's gag order is straight forward and Trump has been notified that violation could result in criminal contempt, the application of any rule of law to Trump will be deemed "unfair" and the defenders will show up to tell us exactly why that is. Many of them will preface their outrage by reminding us that they are "no fan of Trump" or whatever, but they just want to make sure that everyone is aware that application of the rule of law is unfair to him.

That's some messed up, twisted logic. Yes, pre-trial release for anybody in a criminal trial requires them to not commit crimes. Trump's issue here is simply the fairness of the gag order which makes it a crime to publicly discuss witnesses against him, which, as you said, could put him in jail throughout his entire trial and keep him off the campaign trail even more than these political charges already have.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

It is (allegedly) revived by tying it to a federal elections law violation. Except:
3. Bragg's predecessor determined these same facts did not constitute a chargeable offense.

So Bragg tries to infuse life into the charges by claiming a Conspiracy to influence the 2016 election. Except:
2. The payments were made in 2017. One might normally understand that 2017 actions could not influence a 2016 event.

The Judge's daughter is personally profiting from this trial via her position as VP of a Dem organization that has raised millions of dollars off this trial for Adam Schiff and others. But he refuses to recuse himself, claiming he has 'searched his conscience' and decided he is impartial.

I know, I know...but Trump is (insert whatever) and Clarence Thomas wouldn't recuse himself. Whatever. At some point decent human beings have to be able to say the obvious, even if it benefits a bad person: these charges and this trial are political warfare and un-American, a stain on Justice everywhere.

The statute of limitations issue was not dealt with by tying it to a federal election law violation.

Any judge who recuses in this day and age of legal corruption is out of their element and should resign.
American Vermin
concordtom
https://ww2.nycourts.gov/press/index.shtml

Click TRANSCRIPT to get page by page each day. I'm looking for a full PDF
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

Oh, sorry.
You ARE a dumbass.

Again, per my link which you and dajo9 appear allergic to reading

"the dossier has been largely discredited since its publication, with core aspects of the material exposed as unsupported and unproven rumors."

The dossier? The case for Russia helping Trump 2016 goes beyond the Steele dossier. Again, Perhaps you need to consult your unredacted Mueller Report.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yellow Journalism?

And flocking a porn star and a playboy bunny, while married, colluding to pitch fake news with a pecker, campaign finance fraud, lying to America, and generally being an Orange ********

Don't forget that last one.
tequila4kapp
Quote:

Quote:

The statute of limitations issue was not dealt with by tying it to a federal election law violation.
NY penal law 175.05 makes it a "class A misdemeanor" to falsify business records with "intent to defraud." The NY Statute of Limitation (SOL) is 2 years for Class A misdemeanors.

Falsifying business records to commit a fraud becomes a Class E felony "when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof." NY Penal Law 175.10. The SOL for Class A felonies is (I think) 10 years.

It has been reported that the specific "another crime" has never been asserted by Bragg. I am not sure about that. One potential answer is the FEC rules (my commentary on this status above applies). Another might be the NY law about illegal conspiring to influence an election. Have we heard a word about anything illegal with these payments?

On top of all that consider the very real Due Process implications. A defendant can be charged and not know the underlying conspiracy charge. That is wrong. Very wrong.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

Quote:

Quote:

NY penal law 175.05 makes it a "class A misdemeanor" to falsify business records with "intent to defraud." The NY Statute of Limitation (SOL) is 2 years for Class A misdemeanors.

Falsifying business records to commit a fraud becomes a Class E felony "when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof." NY Penal Law 175.10. The SOL for Class A felonies is (I think) 10 years.

It has been reported that the specific "another crime" has never been asserted by Bragg. I am not sure about that. One potential answer is the FEC rules (my commentary on this status above applies). Another might be the NY law about illegal conspiring to influence an election. Have we heard a word about anything illegal with these payments?

On top of all that consider the very real Due Process implications. A defendant can be charged and not know the underlying conspiracy charge. That is wrong. Very wrong.

I'm curious - do you not think that Trump has effective assistance of counsel? If what you are claiming is true, Trump will get the case dismissed easily and he will get some fundraising bump and it will help him win in 2024. Given that he did all of this to help him win an election, it would seem that he would be getting what he wants.

This isn't like the Central Park 5 or other wrongly accused who don't have the benefit of high priced lawyers paid for by political donors. If Trump had a due process claim, his fancy lawyers will win with it, right?
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

Quote:

Quote:

All reporting I've seen are that the felony Trump is charged with originally comes with a 5 year statute of limitations however, during Covid, Governor Cuomo extended all statute of limitations by 1 year and also the statute of limitations can be deemed to be tolled during the time Trump was out of state.

It would not surprise me in the least if a judge favorable to Trump eventually throws out any conviction on appeal. My opinion is that given the circumstances of a President who is away, and with an Attorney General who interfered in the case to Trump's benefit, tolling the statute of limitations is absolutely appropriate. But judges will decide and they are political creatures too.
American Vermin
tequila4kapp
dajo9 said:

All reporting I've seen are that the felony Trump is charged with originally comes with a 5 year statute of limitations however, during Covid, Governor Cuomo extended all statute of limitations by 1 year and also the statute of limitations can be deemed to be tolled during the time Trump was out of state.
It would not surprise me in the least if a judge favorable to Trump eventually throws out any conviction on appeal. My opinion is that given the circumstances of a President who is away, and with an Attorney General who interfered in the case to Trump's benefit, tolling the statute of limitations is absolutely appropriate. But judges will decide and they are political creatures too.
Thank you for that not-personally attacking and informative response. Much appreciated.

I was not aware of those factors. Interesting.

I am still not aware that Trump is charged with any felony EDIT: independent of the construct where the misdemeanor morphs to a felony because of intent to commit some other felony.
bearister
bearister
Trump spent Wednesday playing golf at his Bedminster club, sources told CNN. Wednesday's the only weekday court isn't in for his NY criminal trial. Trump has lamented that trial has kept him off campaign trail: "Im not in GA or FL or NC campaigning like I should be" he said Mon.
concordtom
Good day for prosecution today.
Trump is a liar.
He flocked these women, cheating on his "wife", and then paid them to not tell America.

He didn't care about paying them to not tell his wife because, of course, she already knew what kind of cad he was. Of course, I say, because she was already one of his paid bimbos - nothing to hide there.

Some women get paid for Sex.
Some women get paid to acting like they Love.
Some women get paid for sUrrogacy.
Some get paid for all The above.

Some men like those types of women.
And then lie about it to American in an attempt to rig an election.
concordtom
In addition to the dispatch about how the prosecution is successfully painting the LIAR description for the jury, observers report that Trump is spending much time in court this morning with his eyes closed.

Maybe he should snort some of Biden's alleged SOTU cocaine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.