Tedford back at (not Cal) practice

4 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GivemTheAxe
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Fyght4Cal
Great to see
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
calbear80
1. TAKE OFF THAT RED SHIRT .... TAKE OFF THAT RED SHIRT ....

2. I always liked Jeff Tedford. If it wasn't for those ..... tree sitters, he maybe still here and our whole Athletic Department would be in a different situation.

3. Tedford has AGED! Well, it has been around two decades since I first met him (nice guy, good coach, liked him) and more than a decade since I saw him for the last time in person. We all have aged!!

4. I really wish him, Donna and their two sons the very best.

Go Bears!
82gradDLSdad
I wish coach Tedford well but stepping away from coaching is not the only thing he needs to step away from for his health. I'm sure his stress level is down and that is a great thing. Now he needs to make some other things go down. And trust me, I know how hard it is.
okaydo
calbear80 said:

2. I always liked Jeff Tedford. If it wasn't for those ..... tree sitters, he maybe still here and our whole Athletic Department would be in a different situation.

3. Tedford has AGED! Well, it has been around two decades since I first met him (nice guy, good coach, liked him) and more than a decade since I saw him for the last time in person. We all have aged!!

Go Bears!

Yup, later this year will mark the 20th anniversary of his hiring at Cal, when he was 40.

40 + 20 =
LunchTime
calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
I still think Cal should have a statue for Tedford some day.

Dude brought Cal from a nobody to a real contender. People hate him because he lost while #2 in the polls. Imagine being hated for that.

I dont understand why coaches are not given/forced into mental/physical health sabbaticals in sports. We could have had a OC/DC coach as temp HC for a year while Tedford was forced to fish, and then that coordinator would either be put back as an assistant, or have a pretty sexy resume to get a new job.
LunchTime
okaydo said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

Yup, later this year will mark the 20th anniversary of his hiring at Cal, when he was 40.

40 + 20 =
420? 42? WE NEED ANSWERS.
Big C

I think just about everybody appreciates Jeff Tedford for the great things he did at Cal!
KoreAmBear
Looks like he lost weight. Always will appreciate JT for making us relevant on the big stage.
calBlitz
KoreAmBear said:

Looks like he lost weight. Always will appreciate JT for making us relevant on the big stage.
Most definitely. From 2002 to 2009, Cal was consistenly good. Besides the 90, 91, and 93 years, for the prior 30/40 years, Cal football was a joke.
BearlyCareAnymore
LunchTime said:

okaydo said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

40 + 20 =
420? 42? WE NEED ANSWERS.
420 is the answer to why you think 40+20= 42.
hanky1
Damn he's really aged
Cal Strong!
Even old, sick Tedford was better as Fresno State HC than Dykes was or Wilcox has been thus far at Cal.

It would be great if Wilcox try to get Coach Tedford involved in some capacity.
calumnus
Cal Strong! said:

Even old, sick Tedford was better as Fresno State HC than Dykes was or Wilcox has been thus far at Cal.

It would be great if Wilcox try to get Coach Tedford involved in some capacity.

"Old, sick Tedford" is 59, only 8 months older than I am.
okaydo
Tedford does indeed look too old for his age.

This is what a normal person born in November 1961 looks like.

GivemTheAxe
okaydo said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!

40 + 20 =

Come on you dumb dumbs the answer is staring you in the face: 4020 ;-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.