Cam Bynum to the Vikings!

4 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by okaydo
Bearly Clad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cam is finally off the board in the 4th round with pick number 125. Congrats Cam! The guy's a born competitor and leader. Some people were worried about his speed/measurables but IMO there are more busts with ideal physical traits than there are busts with a mentality like Cam, can't wait to see what he does in his career
71Bear
Bearly Clad said:

Cam is finally off the board in the 4th round with pick number 125. Congrats Cam! The guy's a born competitor and leader. Some people were worried about his speed/measurables but IMO there are more busts with ideal physical traits than there are busts with a mentality like Cam, can't wait to see what he does in his career
Not fast enough to play CB. Enough to play safety? The Vikings think so. Time will tell.
Bearly Clad
We'll see, Safety is where eyes, instincts, and technique can make up for any speed deficiency. And to be honest 4.5 isn't that slow for the SS position.

With Minnesota announcing the position change at the same time as the pick that's 3 California safeties drafted in the last 2 years, one in the 3rd round and two in the 4th. Elijah Hicks is in the draft next year too, just saying...
75bear
A big congrats to Cam - a lifelong dream of playing in the NFL has come true!!

We don't have as many players making pro rosters these days, so I'll eagerly follow Cam's progress. Best of luck to a great Golden Bear!
hanky1
71Bear said:

Bearly Clad said:

Not fast enough to play CB. Enough to play safety? The Vikings think so. Time will tell.

Adrian Amos, who's a pretty good safety, ran the same time. Cam is fast enough. He's a smart guy with good instincts, ball skills, and a very good tackler. I think he can do well as a safety.
heartofthebear
They really talked Cameron up quite a bit on ESPN. They clearly genuinely like him and think he will be successful in the NFL. Good goop.
Fyght4Cal
Big congrats to Cam! Takers for life #T4L
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Big C

So happy for Cam Bynum, one of our better CBs ever! I hope he has a solid NFL career and a lifetime of good health!
Goobear
Congrats to Cam. Class all the way. Wishing you a fabulous career in the NFL.
kirklandblue
I'll be paying attention to the Vikings now, they got a steal in Cam. No doubt he'll be a long-term asset. Go Cam/Go Bears!
okaydo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.