Goff vs San Fran

3,196 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nowa68
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching the game, he started out rough, missed a couple open receivers, but has gotten hot lately completing his last 9 or 10 throws. He looks good out there, the lions defense on the other hand...

edit: literally 15 seconds after I wrote this he just threw a pick 6....
hanky1
Awful throw. What was he thinking.
MinotStateBeav
hanky1 said:

Awful throw. What was he thinking.
Yeah that just kills all the good stuff he did prior. He either had to eat the sack or throw it out of bounds, he did the worst of the two, throwing down the middle under pressure.
okaydo
For those bot watching, Mark Sanchez is in the booth.

I'm not watching, even though it's on in LA.
hanky1
I love Jared and I'm rooting for him but he is as$
bearister
I love Goff too but helming the # 31 ranked team with a player average age of 24 is not easy. Putt Jimmy G on that team and they would be taking him from the stadium in an ambulance by the 3rd game.

Sean McVay will lose his job if Stafford isn't the answer. I'm glad I don't have to root for an LA team anymore.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Goff just covered for me!

bearister
F the cover. I want the W!
BearSD
bearister said:

Sean McVay will lose his job if Stafford isn't the answer.
Maybe he should lose his job, but the Rams owner kept Jeff Fisher about five years past Fisher's sell-by date, so it's likely the Rams would have to be legitimately awful, not just disappointing, for McVay to be on the hot seat.
71Bear
bearister said:

Goff hasn't changed at all since he was at Cal. He is great until the pressure ratchets up, then he wilts. A modern day DeBerg - just good enough to lose…….
DiabloWags
Was in my car listening to Greg Papa during the last 5 minutes of the game.
He was going absolutely NUTS!!!
bearister
71Bear said:

bearister said:

Goff hasn't changed at all since he was at Cal. He is great until the pressure ratchets up, then he wilts. A modern day DeBerg - just good enough to lose…….

It is very clear you did not watch the 2nd half. He came really close to ending the Niner's season. No team recovers from blowing a 24 point lead with 5 minutes to go. Has that ever even happened before?

He threw for over 250 yards in the 2nd half.

He tossed for 338 yards; 3 TD; 1 INT
okaydo
hanky1 said:

I love Jared and I'm rooting for him but he is as$

The Packers need your help. Start another anti-Rodgers thread.
71Bear
bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

It is very clear you did not watch the 2nd half. He came really close to ending the Niner's season. No team recovers from blowing a 24 point lead with 5 minutes to go. Has that ever even happened before?

I watched the entire game. Goff is an effective dink and dunker but he is not the guy you want on the field when you need a TD to win or tie the game.

P.S. Stats are for losers (see Dan Marino, the greatest pile the stats and win nothing player in NFL history).
bearister
71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

I watched the entire game. Goff is an effective dink and dunker but he is not the guy you want on the field when you need a TD to win or tie the game.

P.S. Stats are for losers (see Dan Marino, the greatest pile the stats and win nothing player in NFL history).

How many NFL QB's helm the # 31 team any better today in the last 5 minutes? Haters gonna hate. Goff was a Sean McVay scapegoat. Will Sean get away with now blaming Stafford?

Marino didn't have the top talent of other famous teams. His stats still stand up to modern QB's even though he was throwing into defenses that were basically allowed to decapitate WRs.

" All the Dolphins teams throughout his career were winning almost solely thanks to his singular talents. In 17 seasons under center Marino played with a top 10 defense just five times. He never, repeat never played with a top 10 rushing attack. A benefit other greats like Joe Montana and John Elway enjoyed during times in their careers. Marino never had a complete team around him, and that is a crying shame given how brilliant he was." nflmocks.com
bearister
DiabloWags said:

Was in my car listening to Greg Papa during the last 5 minutes of the game.
He was going absolutely NUTS!!!

Papa was probably worried he brought the bad Raiders' juju to the Niners' booth.
ColoradoBear
bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

How many NFL QB's helm the # 31 team any better today in the last 5 minutes? Haters gonna hate. Goff was a Sean McVay scapegoat. Will Sean get away with now blaming Stafford?

I'm rooting for the bears to pipe the rams tonight.

Lions covering the spread was pretty wild today.
bearister
ColoradoBear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

I'm rooting for the bears to pipe the rams tonight.

Lions covering the spread was pretty wild today.

I had a $5 bet with a neighbor. With 5 minutes to go, I texted him and said I was going to leave his fiver under his doormat when I walked my dog. At game's end, he texted me "Should I still look under my doormat?" My reply: "Yeah, my dog will leave you something."
71Bear
bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

Marino didn't have the top talent of other famous teams. His stats still stand up to modern QB's even though he was throwing into defenses that were basically allowed to decapitate WRs.

" All the Dolphins teams throughout his career were winning almost solely thanks to his singular talents. In 17 seasons under center Marino played with a top 10 defense just five times. He never, repeat never played with a top 10 rushing attack. A benefit other greats like Joe Montana and John Elway enjoyed during times in their careers. Marino never had a complete team around him, and that is a crying shame given how brilliant he was." nflmocks.com
Bottom line: Marino - zero Super Bowl rings….

My favorite Niner Super Bowl win - SB XIX at Stanford. Before the game, everyone was talking about Marino and the Niners crushed him.

Stats are for losers…..
bearister
"Bottom line: Marino - zero Super Bowl rings…."

You are kinda a Johnny One Note.
okaydo
So who will win next week. Goff or Rodger?
CaliforniaEternal
bearister said:

Goff had a great game and is a legit NFL QB. This guy cares about the 49ers more than Cal NFL players which is his prerogative but it is a tiresome act on this board.
BearSD
okaydo said:

So who will win next week. Goff or Rodger?
Jameis Winston threw 5 TDs against the Packers today. Gotta figure that Goff can throw a few next week even though he has no WRs.
calpoly
71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

71Bear said:

bearister said:

Bottom line: Marino - zero Super Bowl rings….

My favorite Niner Super Bowl win - SB XIX at Stanford. Before the game, everyone was talking about Marino and the Niners crushed him.

Stats are for losers…..
According to your metric there are many hall of fame athletes that are losers.
71Bear
CaliforniaEternal said:

bearister said:

Goff had a great game and is a legit NFL QB. This guy cares about the 49ers more than Cal NFL players which is his prerogative but it is a tiresome act on this board.
Today, he averaged 5.9 yards per passing attempt. That is pitiful. Heck, last year, 34 NFL QB's had a higher yds/att. stat, including Goff who averaged 7.2. At best, he had a mediocre game.

And yes, once Cal guys move on, I do not root for them unless, like Alex Mack, they play for SF.
ColoradoBear
71Bear said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

bearister said:

And yes, once Cal guys move on, I do not root for them unless, like Alex Mack, they play for SF.

That's absolutely your right, bit it's not what most Cal or college football fans do.
MinotStateBeav
In fairness, name one of his receivers lol.
71Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

In fairness, name one of his receivers lol.
Mark Clayton and Mark Duper were both very good receivers.
SigOtherIsATrojan
Cal grad and rams fan. Seen all his throws for almost a decade. He's not a very good QB. Give it a rest.
golden sloth
bearister said:

And I dont think that he realizes that in hitting that one note, that most people realize he is both wrong and dumb, then simply tune out.
71Bear
golden sloth said:

bearister said:

And I dont think that he realizes that in hitting that one note, that most people realize he is both wrong and dumb, then simply tune out.
Just as I ignore many posters here, I would expect many posters to ignore me. No big deal. Read what you want and don't bother with the rest.
CaliforniaEternal
71Bear said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

bearister said:

Today, he averaged 5.9 yards per passing attempt. That is pitiful. Heck, last year, 34 NFL QB's had a higher yds/att. stat, including Goff who averaged 7.2. At best, he had a mediocre game.

It's pretty skeezy to root for a Santa Clara franchise that exists to enrich Notre Dame lover Jed York and his furd loving minions over quality Cal players, but whatever.
ducky23
golden sloth said:

bearister said:

Dont worry. Giants are still on pace to win like 79 games like he predicted mid season
71Bear
ducky23 said:

golden sloth said:

bearister said:

Dont worry. Giants are still on pace to win like 79 games like he predicted mid season
If you are going to critique someone, always make sure you get your info. correct. On 6-16, I forecast an 80-87 win season. Feel free to look it up….

Speaking of which, it might be time to update that forecast.

cal83dls79
I can see your disappointment in Goff considering the prior decade of outstanding play by Mark Bulger, Keith Null, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, J Feely, Kellen, Austin Davis and Shaun Hill. I support all my Bears. Glad Goff left the Rams because I have always hated that team although I do remember liking Roman Gabriel as a kid.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.