Story Poster
Photo by Al Sermeno / KLC Fotos
Cal Football

Trevon Clark: Father, Student, & Athlete Plays His Final Season at Cal

September 18, 2021

Trevon Clark has never had it easy. Whether it be finding himself in a global pandemic, facing the hardships of parenthood or being a first generation college student, Trevon has had every adversity thrown his way. In this last game against TCU, Trevon finally had his moment that made all the hard parts worth it. With two catches of at least fifty yards, Trevon had a breakthrough game, and a pretty exciting one at that. 

Trevon went to high school in Victorville, before attending El Camino College and played for former Cal receiver great Geoff McArthur. Pining for a scholarship to a four year university, Trevon trekked two hours from school and back each day. He shared a tiny room with a roommate, and worked as an apprentice barber to cover the bills. In 2018, things took a turn - Trevon was offered a scholarship at Cal, where he would later commit.

After arriving at Cal, Trevon did not rest on his laurels. With his son being born in late 2019, Trevon worked to master his daily routine in order to stay a star athlete at Cal and a present father for his family. Coach Wilcox describes him, “He comes up here, he does his school, he works out, he goes to meetings, he takes every rep in practice, he practices hard, and then he goes home and takes care of his family.” At twenty one years of age, Trevon has achieved more than most middle-aged adults. With a family, school, and sports, it is unbelievable how much Trevon has been able to juggle with so much success.

Twitter / Trevon Clark
Clark with son TJ and fiancee, Angel Aikens

But success isn’t surprising or new to Trevon. He’s been working for it all his life. “I’ve always been ready to have this kind of success, it was just really waiting on the opportunity to present itself to me and me personally being ready to make it happen.” 

In terms of this season, his last at Cal as a super senior, Trevon is optimistic. He and QB Chase Garbers have been working hard on their deep balls,

Cal Athletics
Trevon Clark

“Me and Chase, we’ve been working since spring ball on these deep balls. It’s just building that trust and establishing that relationship, building that chemistry. I feel like we’ve gotten tighter over the months and months and months of working that we trust each other now.”

In terms of the offense, Trevon seems to be offering his wisdom and leadership to his team, “We learned our lessons, what to do, what not to do, what works, what doesn’t work. We haven’t even dipped our toes in the playbook for real, so moving forward, we’re going to continue to make explosive plays downfield and that’s going to open up everything else.” 

After taking a step backf from the team last season, Trevon is back and better than ever. Having started off strong, Trevon shows no signs of slowing down, and we are incredibly excited to watch him in his last season at Cal. Being a student, an athlete, a father, and a leader, Trevon epitomizes the spirit of the Golden Bears, and we are cheering for him every step of the way!

Discussion from...

Trevon Clark: Father, Student, & Athlete Plays His Final Season at Cal

4,693 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Emielyn
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.