New Oregon Commit

2,079 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strawberry Canyon
Strawberry Canyon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just noticed a guy that I was hoping would pick Cal but he picked the Ducks.

The recent Duck commit is Harrison Taggardt He is a linebacker that runs a 10.69 100m! According to 247, he was offered by Yale, Dartmouth, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Vandy, Navy, Army, Air Force, Virginia,
UCLA, USC and Cal. A linebacker with cornerback speed, and a top student? Of corse I wanted him to be a Bear!

Well damn it!

Dduster
He wanted to play on a winning program.
Big C

FWIW, one source has him listed at 6-2, 200. Dunno how big he will be in two years, but he is a safety, at that size.
going4roses
Sirmon …
Bear8
To ease your despair, he might only have straight line speed. You need flexible hips at CB and I imagine at safety.
heartofthebear
Bear8 said:

To ease your despair, he might only have straight line speed. You need flexible hips at CB and I imagine at safety.
Maybe we should be recruiting belly dancers.
Bear8
I second that motion as long as they have great stomach muscles.
upsetof86
Bear8 said:

I second that motion as long as they have great stomach muscles.

Pardon the pun
KoreAmBear
Strawberry Canyon said:

I just noticed a guy that I was hoping would pick Cal but he picked the Ducks.

The recent Duck commit is Harrison Taggardt He is a linebacker that runs a 10.69 100m! According to 247, he was offered by Yale, Dartmouth, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Vandy, Navy, Army, Air Force, Virginia,
UCLA, USC and Cal. A linebacker with cornerback speed, and a top student? Of corse I wanted him to be a Bear!

Well damn it!

Wow all those high academic schools and then he commits to Oregon.
Bobodeluxe
Oregon is a real school, too.
Strawberry Canyon
I got curious and just did a review on Rivals to see how many of Oregon's current football commits were offered by Cal. Of their 22 commits, 10 were offered by Cal. However, several of the other 12 were in other regions of the country and some of those were also offered by academically selective universities. This is an eye opener for me.
socaliganbear
Yep, Oregon is taking OKGs. But it makes us feel better to assume they only recruit well because they take guys we wouldn't let sniff our classrooms.
Rushinbear
Bear8 said:

He's listed as 83/84. His films seem to me to confirm it. I was surprised he went UO.
Rushinbear
Strawberry Canyon said:

I got curious and just did a review on Rivals to see how many of Oregon's current football commits were offered by Cal. Of their 22 commits, 10 were offered by Cal. However, several of the other 12 were in other regions of the country and some of those were also offered by academically selective universities. This is an eye opener for me.
Cal may offer some kids with academic proviso's - show progress on these goals in the next year in hs.So, they may not be up to par when offered. Cal might leave the offers out there, knowing that the kid isn't trying or can't do it.
Strawberry Canyon
I know of two top students in high school who selected Oregon….Justin Wilcox ( who picked Oregon over Stanford) and Bill Musgrave ( I know someone from Grand Junction Colorado who said that he was an outstanding student)

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.