Best 1-5 Team in the Land

2,930 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Golden One
BearsorCubs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As much we don't want to admit it, we ARE the best 1-5 team in the land.......
82gradDLSdad
BearsorCubs said:

And Biden is the most powerful man in the world.
Econ141
False - we are the worst FBS team as we have only beaten an FCS. We always play down or up to the competition but in all cases, end up losing.
BearForce2
I assume the coaching staff is vaccinated, thus showing great leadership and care for others along with being incompetent
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Golden One
No matter how you want to glorify it, WE SUCK!
71Bear
fat_slice said:

False - we are the worst FBS team as we have only beaten an FCS. We always play down or up to the competition but in all cases, end up losing.
Funny you mention that…

I checked the other 1-5 teams and most have one thing in common. Their only win is v. an FCS opponent.

(Of the nine 1-5 teams, only two have beaten an FBS team, Navy beat UCF and UMass beat UConn).
calbearinamaze
BearForce2 said:

I assume the coaching staff is vaccinated, thus showing great leadership and care for others along with being incompetent
+1000

BF2,

The "+1000" means I think the post is very, very good. Of course, I also gave it a star.

It is REALLY funny in dark-humor kind of way. It also may well be accurate which makes it
even better.

It comes at a time when I very much need a laugh.

Thank you,

GO BEARS!!!!
KoreAmBear
BearsorCubs said:

Big C
bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

+1000

BF2,

The "+1000" means I think the post is very, very good. Of course, I also gave it a star.

It is REALLY funny in dark-humor kind of way. It also may well be accurate which makes it
even better.

Thank you,

GO BEARS!!!!

I think our staff should all be in line for end-of-the-season participation trophies (complete with complimentary orange slices)!
CALiforniALUM
82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

And Trump is the most relevant man in his own mind.
calbearinamaze
Big C said:

bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

+1000

BF2,

even better.

Thank you,

GO BEARS!!!!

I think our staff should all be in line for end-of-the-season participation trophies (complete with complimentary orange slices)!
+1000
But I don't get the "orange slices"......I'm just beck from a top-secret "sabattical" (sp?????) during which I was not permitted to access BI........I'm not functioning two good.
71Bear
82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

Actually, times have changed, the most powerful men in the world today are Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin. The US President, no matter who he/she is, comes in a distant third.
82gradDLSdad
71Bear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

Actually, times have changed, the most powerful men in the world today are Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin. The US President, no matter who he/she is, comes in a distant third.

And there goes the joke.
calumnus
71Bear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

The US is the most powerful country in the world, but we are unable to agree on something basic like taking simple easy, measures to prevent hundreds of thousands of Americans from dying.

Whether he orchestrated this or not, Putin loves what we are doing to ourselves.

And yes, still glad we don't live under a dictatorship.
75bear
Big C said:

bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

+1000

BF2,

even better.

Thank you,

GO BEARS!!!!

and booster shots!
Bear8
According to recent news, Russia is no picnic in regard to Covid. They have thousands suffering from the virus. I'm reluctant to identify a large number since I don't recall the recent article.
Big C

Russia just past 1,000 fatalities per day for the first time. Putin is now calling for a week of stay-at-home. He hasn't flexed his considerable muscle on this issue. Their vax rate is low.
calbearinamaze
75bear said:

Big C said:

bearup said:

BearForce2 said:

+1000

BF2,

even better.

Thank you,

GO BEARS!!!!

and booster shots!
+1000

LOL
eabandit
Golden One said:

whoa whoa whoa hold on there. as I said in the other thread, we are on our way to an 8-5 season

can't get to 8-5 record without a 1-5 am I right guys?
JimSox
82gradDLSdad said:

71Bear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

And there goes the joke.

It wasn't funny in the first place.
BearForce2
eabandit said:

Golden One said:

whoa whoa whoa hold on there. as I said in the other thread, we are on our way to an 8-5 season

That would be phenomenal, we have a much better chance of pulling that off than dying of Covid while vaccinated, unless of course, the vaccine's effectiveness isn't all that.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Golden One
eabandit said:

Golden One said:

You could start 8-0 and lose the last 5 games.
82gradDLSdad
JimSox said:

82gradDLSdad said:

71Bear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

And there goes the joke.

It wasn't funny in the first place.

Didn't say it was. I'm a bad comic. Thanks for yet another BI feel good moment.
mbBear
82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

Was this really a necessary distraction to the thread?
wifeisafurd
BearForce2 said:

Cali is different from Washington. Government employees have to be vaccinated or have medical or religious reasons for not getting vaccinated, but the unvaccinated get tested regularly. The religious and medical reasons are not something that goes through a challenge process like at WSU, and again in Califronia, you have to be tested a lot. California also has all sorts of rules about non-disclosure of who is being tested versus vaccinated. Last I heard, about 5% of the Cal football program had not been vaccinated, and Wilcox refused to discuss who was not vaccinated on legal grounds (also said any info re: vaccinations comes from the AD). Wilcox publicly supports vaccinations.
Bobodeluxe
"Than" is different from "from".
dimitrig
Golden One said:

eabandit said:

Golden One said:

You could start 8-0 and lose the last 5 games.

This is actually the way Cal is most likely to do it.

82gradDLSdad
mbBear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

I didn't mean to distract from the seriousness of the thread. My apologies.
mbBear
82gradDLSdad said:

mbBear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

I didn't mean to distract from the seriousness of the thread. My apologies.
It wasn't about seriousness, as there isn't anything regarding the on-field aspect of the team that is all that "serious"....it was a political agenda comment, which, I think fair to say, isn't why any or most people come to a Cal football board.....and that isn't a "left" or "right" comment...but there plenty of outlets for you to voice your opinion about the President, and plenty of outlets for me to go find opinions about the President....
AND no, you aren't the first or only person to make out of context political comment, I get that....
calbear93
BearsorCubs said:

Too bad we won the game against our FCS opponent. Otherwise, there would have been no doubt we were the best 0-6 team in the land.

This is the life of a Cal fan. Find bragging rights in being the one of the best almost winless team in the nation.

And yes, I know you are joking (or I hope you are).
Blueblood
BearsorCubs said:

"Awwh, baloney!"
BearsorCubs
ColoradoBear
Lol, why is it that when I see 1-5 KU up on#3 OU 17-7, I immediately think of this thread?
82gradDLSdad
ColoradoBear said:

Lol, why is it that when I see 1-5 KU up on#3 OU 17-7, I immediately think of this thread?

We'll just have to get that best 1 win team title back today.
graguna
CALiforniALUM said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearsorCubs said:

And Trump is the most relevant man in his own mind.
How does a trump supporter change a light bulb? They dont. Trump says its been changed and they all cheer in the dark.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.