I smell another win coming!

2,700 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oskidunker
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"Ahhh...the smell of victory is in the air!"

Cal should beat 'zona this week. If Cal, however, just plays to the level of the team it's playing, then, Cal could possibly lose thereby proving its a poorly-coached team. Or, if Cal wins convincingly, then it will show Cal is being historically coached to a level that is the best that can be expected, i.e., Cal wins those games it should and losses games to equal or better teams.
bearister
"I love the smell of saguaro in the morning. It smells like victory."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Chapman_is_Gone
Isn't it amazing how winning cures everything?!
jy1988
I've always maintained that we should stay the course with Wilcox. The one major adjustment was made this year that needed to be made: Musgrave is allowing Garbers to use his feet to open up plays. It's kinda like how Walsh used to adjust his offense for the guys he had, until he could get even better ones. Wilcox is learning. I still trust in him.
calumnus
jy1988 said:

I've always maintained that we should stay the course with Wilcox. The one major adjustment was made this year that needed to be made: Musgrave is allowing Garbers to use his feet to open up plays. It's kinda like how Walsh used to adjust his offense for the guys he had, until he could get even better ones. Wilcox is learning. I still trust in him.

It is concerning that Musgrave needed 11 games (8 losses) to figure that out, but better late than ever I guess.
GoOskie
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Then why do I still have hemorrhoids?
GivemTheAxe
Blueblood said:

Cal should beat 'zona this week. If Cal, however, just plays to the level of the team it's playing, then, Cal could possibly lose thereby proving its a poorly-coached team. Or, if Cal wins convincingly, then it will show Cal is being historically coached to a level that is the best that can be expected, i.e., Cal wins those games it should and losses games to equal or better teams.

Your implicit criticism of Cal would apply throughout the PAC-12. So I guess that means that few if any PAC-12 teams are well coached?
Blueblood
GivemTheAxe said:

Blueblood said:

Your implicit criticism of Cal would apply throughout the PAC-12. So I guess that means that few if any PAC-12 teams are well coached?
Mmmm......possibly, yes.

But, see my boldface edit above. What I posit doesn't apply to every conference team....historically. I mean, I'm referring to fan expectation. We fans believe Cal ain't doing too badly if it accomplishes what I posted. If another conference team does get beat by lesser performing team because it only played to the level of the other team, then its an upset. Not so with Cal because such losing happens too often with the bears.

burritos
GoOskie said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Wrong board. You might be looking for cyberbears.com
BearForce2
GoOskie said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Have you been in close contact with bats recently?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
oskidunker
From Arizona board.

This is probably are best remaining chance at a win this season. I'm interested to see if Plummer is able to build on his performance from last week or if he goes back to another sub-100yd passing game.
Go Bears!
BearinOC
Expectations...you haven't been a Cal fan for long have you? Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Fair weather fans know what I'm talking about. We're not known as the Bad News Bear for nothin.
Blueblood
BearinOC said:

Expectations...you haven't been a Cal fan for long have you? Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Fair weather fans know what I'm talking about. We're not known as the Bad News Bear for nothin.
You referring to me? Give me some slack, I've only been a bear fan for a couple of years now.....I'm learning........
BearForce2
Blueblood said:

I hear if you have Covid, you can't smell anything.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
heartofthebear
Blueblood said:

You sure you're not smelling a gas leak?
Econ141
Ah the sweet, musky smell of Covid.
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

Blueblood said:

Don't worry, I can still smell you a mile away!
BearForce2
Blueblood said:

BearForce2 said:

Blueblood said:

That's not me, that's your upper lip.
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

Blueblood said:

BearForce2 said:

Blueblood said:

That's not me, that's your upper lip.
Well, I guess its hard to tell when you have your butt in everyone's face!
BearinOC
Blueblood said:

BearinOC said:

You referring to me? Give me some slack, I've only been a bear fan for a couple of years now.....I'm learning........
Cal to miss this Saturday due to Covid.

Bad News Bears
Blueblood
BearinOC said:

Blueblood said:

BearinOC said:

Cal to miss this Saturday due to Covid.

Bad News Bears

"Wait...wait....I think I smell a
loss this coming Saturday!"
oskidunker
They will be dancing in the streets in Tucson , until they realize they lost on a last second td caught byChase Garbers from an unknown.
Go Bears!
Blueblood
Blueblood said:

Wow! Can I predict the future or what!
oskidunker
Blueblood said:

Blueblood said:

Wow! Can I predict the future or what!

Next week will be worse. Nobody seems to know if Garbers can play
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.