Story Poster
Cal Football

Bear Insider Ultimate Insider Podcast E27: Spring Ball Wrap -Audio

May 6, 2022

In today’s addition of the Bear Insider Ultimate Insider Podcast, Cal Hall of Fame QB and Cal football radio analyst Mike Pawlawski, Bear Insider publisher Greg Richardson and editor Jim McGill recap Cal's Spring Practice completed in April with position and player updates on offense, defense and special teams.

Audio is available on Soundcloud, Spotify and Apple Podcasts.

Stay tuned for the transcript and video versions this weekend.

Related:

Bear Insider Podcast E26: Cal Asst AD Andrew McGraw -Transcript & Video

Bear Insider Ultimate Insider Podcast E25: Thomas DeCoud -Video & Transcript

Discussion from...

Bear Insider Ultimate Insider Podcast E27: Spring Ball Wrap -Audio

2,830 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gardenstatebear
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
If you're looking for a comprehensive position by position and player by player spring ball recap, here you go.

The transcript summary and video will be out Sunday night most likely.
UrsineMaximus
Stredick needs more PT. The staff has to find ways to get him on the field, ball in hand (runs / catches) to take advantage of his speed.
Rushinbear
UrsineMaximus said:

Stredick needs more PT. The staff has to find ways to get him on the field, ball in hand (runs / catches) to take advantage of his speed.
2md and 4th qtrs when opposition is tired.
UrsineMaximus
zactly. Although setting up some screens or putting him in motion or in the slot would all add value and isolate him in favorable match-ups.
Rushinbear
UrsineMaximus said:

zactly. Although setting up some screens or putting him in motion or in the slot would all add value and isolate him in favorable match-ups.
Right, but they'll soon catch on that when he enters the game, he ain't goin' off tackle. In the 2nd and 4th, they can know it, but be too tired to catch him.
heartofthebear
UrsineMaximus said:

I'd like to see him do some kick returning and I think they are trying him there.
gardenstatebear
Forgive me, but I don't have the patience to sit through a nearly 50-minute podcast. (I had the same problem listening to lectures when I was a student, so those who worked so hard to prepare the podcast should understand that *I'm* the problem, not them!) Is there something good I can read that would bring me up to speed? BTW, I follow Rutgers (where I taught for over thirty years) and I am very familiar with the problem of not having a good offensive line. I'm sure everybody here knows that it's a bad problem to have. I hope the Golden Bears can find and develop some talent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.