OT: Cal Water Polo NCAA Championships (bracket)

3,636 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mbBear
Golden One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

Christ and Knowlton must be very happy, since the only sports they care about are the non-revenue sports.
You're clearly a very bitter and unhappy person.
Every single one of your posts in this forum is negative.
Please stop posting about sports that you know absolutely nothing about.

LOL! Nice attempt at diversion. You did not address the point I made in my post. You seem only to care about water polo, to which I say, good for you. I admit that I know nothing about water polo; nor do I care about the sport.
mbBear
DiabloWags said:

Back to Back Champs!

great pics! thanks for posting!
cal83dls79
72CalBear said:

This game for the NC could be medicine for many of you who are unfamiliar with Bear water polo and its standing in the entire college community. Jump into the water and see some incredible Cal athletes represent us all! And no, they don't have to wear any helmets or shoulder pads, but truly this is an aggressive, demanding sport with likewise physical demands like football. Go Bears!!

Good advice. Looks to be on today (Tuesday) 5:30 ET on ESPNU. I'll pretend to be surprised at outcome for the benefit of my wife (another Bear).
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
mbBear
Golden One said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

Christ and Knowlton must be very happy, since the only sports they care about are the non-revenue sports.

LOL! Nice attempt at diversion. You did not address the point I made in my post. You seem only to care about water polo, to which I say, good for you. I admit that I know nothing about water polo; nor do I care about the
I didn't think Knowlton hired the Water Polo coach? So, your point about he (and Christ) "caring" about Water Polo, and being happy-is there one particular example that we should be aware of? Or you mean that Water Polo exists at all, and therefore taking resources away from football and basketball?
You might know better than I about athletic department budgets, but I would guess by this point Water Polo is pretty well donor supported, and doesn't take a whole lot of dollars away from Football and Basketball, but again, open to hearing whatever information you have.
I guess you could argue that the basketball practice facility should be built over the swimming complex, but, again, not sure if that's a savings? And, again, could be wrong, but "land" for the practice facility is not the number one problem??

DiabloWags
Golden One said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

LOL! Nice attempt at diversion. You did not address the point I made in my post. You seem only to care about water polo, to which I say, good for you. I admit that I know nothing about water polo; nor do I care about the sport.

Why should I address a comment made by a poster that repeats himself every single day here 24/7?
Someone that displays a tremendous amount of ignorance and offers no value here.
Someone that does nothing more than "whine and cry" every day.

A guy that claims to have made a "6-figure" investment in Cal Football but cant afford $11.50 per month to subscribe to Bearinsider. - - - I'm supposed to address that kind of guy?

There's absolutely zero evidence that Christ and Knowlton only care about non-revenue sports.

If that was the case the Cal Track and Field team would be fully-funded. And they wouldnt be having their world class throwers practice in a gopher-infested field over in Richmond like they did a year ago, or be looking at the possibility of not being able to host the upcoming Pac-12 Conference Championship Meet because the track hasnt been resurfaced in over 10 years, or using an old pole vault pit that was paid for by "bake sale" donations - - - not too mention a stadium that is crumbling, in need of seismic repair, and the East Stands have been condemned.

As usual, you've presented nothing to substantiate your baseless claim.

Cal Water Polo is funded by several large endowments.
Moreover, the $18 million dollar "Legends Aquatic Center" was funded entirely by private donations.

Once again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what youre talking about.
You really dont.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Golden One
DiabloWags said:

Why should I address a comment made by a poster that repeats himself every single day here 24/7?
Someone that displays a tremendous amount of ignorance and offers no value here.
Someone that does nothing more than "whine and cry" every day.

A guy that claims to have made a "6-figure" investment in Cal Football but cant afford $11.50 per month to subscribe to Bearinsider. - - - I'm supposed to address that kind of guy?

There's absolutely zero evidence that Christ and Knowlton only care about non-revenue sports.

If that was the case the Cal Track and Field team would be fully-funded. And they wouldnt be having their world class throwers practice in a gopher-infested field over in Richmond like they did a year ago, or be looking at the possibility of not being able to host the upcoming Pac-12 Conference Championship Meet because the track hasnt been resurfaced in over 10 years, or using an old pole vault pit that was paid for by "bake sale" donations - - - not too mention a stadium that is crumbling, in need of seismic repair, and the East Stands have been condemned.

As usual, you've presented nothing to substantiate your baseless claim.

Cal Water Polo is funded by several large endowments.
Moreover, the $18 million dollar "Legends Aquatic Center" was funded entirely by private donations.

Once again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what youre talking about.
You really dont.

You're so clueless that you don't deserve a response. You are entertaining, though.
DiabloWags
cal83dls79 said:

72CalBear said:

This game for the NC could be medicine for many of you who are unfamiliar with Bear water polo and its standing in the entire college community. Jump into the water and see some incredible Cal athletes represent us all! And no, they don't have to wear any helmets or shoulder pads, but truly this is an aggressive, demanding sport with likewise physical demands like football. Go Bears!!

Good advice. Looks to be on today (Tuesday) 5:30 ET on ESPNU. I'll pretend to be surprised at outcome for the benefit of my wife (another Bear).

Yup.
Definitely worth another look.

Started at 1:30 PM ESPNU.
They just started the 4th quarter now at 2:30

The final period is absolutely INSANE.

GO BEARS!

cal83dls79
DiabloWags said:

cal83dls79 said:

72CalBear said:

Yup.
Definitely worth another look.

Started at 1:30 PM ESPNU.
They just started the 4th quarter now at 2:30

The final period is absolutely INSANE.

GO BEARS!

well that was fun. Love to see the kids going nuts.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
DiabloWags
Signed by the Player of The Year.
Papa!

Vandalus
Golden One said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

You must be fun at parties.
~Spectemur agendo~
Golden One
Vandalus said:

Golden One said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

The fact that I don't care about water polo puts me in the company of over 95% of Cal alumni. Do you even go to parties?
mbBear
Golden One said:

Vandalus said:

Golden One said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

The fact that I don't care about water polo puts me in the company of over 95% of Cal alumni. Do you even go to parties?
Back in the day, there was no question that Water Polo in the morning followed by football in the afternoon was a "must attend" kind of thing among the Greeks....so lifting up Cal sports in general, and creating a home Game Day tradition; there was an effort to put Water Polo matches at home on home football days.
Again, it's not about caring about Water Polo specifically. It's about what lessons can be taken from the incredibly high success of a particular Cal sport, combined with, as mentioned above, the spirit of Cal winning and carrying that over elsewhere.
I don't have those answers, and, no one is saying it's easy to figure out. I'm for anything that extends the Cal brand in a positive way in the college sports universe. I would argue that Swimming and Rowing are even stronger national brands...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.