Could the Detroit Lions make the playoffs

1,245 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calumnus
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goff playing very well. Leading Minnesota by two touchdowns in the second half today. Could they finish ahead of G Bay? Would a Cal quarterback be the best in that division?
bearister
Goff is a Football Sage.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
MilleniaBear
Yes. They are the hottest team in that division. The incremental improvement on O has made their D much better. And they are getting healthier with Swift coming back and Jameson Williams now playing. They are a fantasy football players found gold.
heartofthebear
Carolina is currently beating Seattle but it is a close game in Seattle with lots of time left.
If Carolina wins, it helps Detroit's cause immensely.
I think Detroit can win out and end up with 10 wins.
Unless Seattle loses to Carolina, I see Seattle winning 11 games.
And I see Washington losing only 6, going 10-6-1.
I think NYG is going to fade but, with Dallas winning a wild card spot, Detroit would be on the outside looking in.
Detroit needs to be a 49er fan because SF plays both Seattle and Washington the next 2 weeks.
Anyway, nobody wants to play Detroit or SF right now.
heartofthebear
Carolina beats Seattle.
That's a big win for Detroit.
Yes I think they can make the playoffs.
Woops, Seattle beat Detroit so I think Detroit still needs some help.
Cal88
It would be great if they can make the playoffs, but at this point for a losing franchise like Detroit, they will be very happy to just finish the year with a winning streak and setting up high expectations and excitement for next season. Also great for Goff's prospects to establish himself as the franchise, with a few landmark wins like the one against the Vikings.
golden sloth
As much as I'd LOVE to see Goff lead the Lions to the playoffs, I think there are simply too many teams they need to jump for everything to go right for them.

Also, the last time the Lions were getting this kind of hype they faceplanted. I kind of feel like that might happen again on the road in a cold-weather outdoor stadium against a team with a good defense. But I hope I'm wrong!
calumnus
Cal88 said:

It would be great if they can make the playoffs, but at this point for a losing franchise like Detroit, they will be very happy to just finish the year with a winning streak and setting up high expectations and excitement for next season. Also great for Goff's prospects to establish himself as the franchise, with a few landmark wins like the one against the Vikings.

The Lions also got the Rams #1 pick in 2023, which is going to be better than their own. Hopefully the Lions do not use it on a QB but instead use it and their own picks to surround Goff with more talent.
philbert

calumnus
philbert said:

So Cal fans need to root for the Lions, Niners and Washington? Not a problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.