Story Poster
Photo by Evan Rabinovich
Cal Football

Scott Builds On Momentum At Cal’s Pro Day

March 23, 2023

BERKELEY – Daniel Scott built upon the momentum he gained during his performance at the NFL Combine earlier this month by going through an on-field session of position drills in front of scouts from approximately 25 NFL teams at the annual California Football Pro Day on Thursday morning at California Memorial Stadium.

Scott said after the event that he was looking to show NFL scouts that he was a "polished professional."

"I take everything serious," Scott said. "I focus on the little details, the little one percent that sets people apart, especially in the professional world."

"He did a great job," added former Cal and NFL defensive back Chris Conte, who is training Scott. "I think all of the scouts were very impressed, and I think everyone walks away from here confirming what they thought about Daniel. He's gained a lot of momentum since the combine, and I think today is just kind of the progression. The next step will be him meeting with teams and some individual workouts. His projection is looking really good." Scott did not do any additional measurable testing on Thursday, standing pat on his numbers at the combine that had him among the top safeties at the event in the 3-cone drill (6.75, 1st), 20-yard shuttle (4.17, 1st), 40-yard dash (4.45, 2nd), broad jump (10' 8", 4th), vertical jump (39.50", 5th) and 10-yard split (1.55, T-5th).

"It was huge," Conte said about Scott's combine performance. "Whenever you have a guy that can run those times, you're going to draw a lot of eyes. It still shows that speed is king in football. It's such an important factor and whenever you can check that box and be a guy that excels there, it's going to bring a lot of attention."

"The combine was tremendously helpful for me," Scott added. "Not only was it an opportunity to showcase my abilities on the field, but also a chance to talk to teams, show what type of person I am, and show what type of character I have off the field."

Cal Athletics
Kekoa Crawford ran a 4.42 40-yard dash at Cal's Pro Day

Scott was not the only former Golden Bear to participate in Cal's Pro Day with Kekoa Crawford, Marcel Dancy and Jamieson Sheahan also taking part. Crawford and Dancy both finished their collegiate careers in 2021, while Sheahan wrapped up along with Scott in 2022.

Crawford turned heads by clocking a 4.42 in the 40-yard dash. He spent time on the Indianapolis Colts' roster last year after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent before being released prior to the 2022 campaign.

The 2023 NFL Draft is scheduled to be held April 27-29 in Kansas City.

2023 Cal Football Pro Day Participants

NAME – POS – HT – WT – CAL – HOMETOWN (LAST SCHOOLS)
Kekoa Crawford – WR – 6-1 – 195 – 2019-21 – Pasadena, CA (Glendale Community College/Michigan/Santa Margarita Catholic HS/St. Francis HS)
Marcel Dancy – RB – 5-10 – 205 – 2018-21 – Oakland, CA (Laney College/West HS)
Daniel Scott – S – 6-2 – 215 – 2017-22 – Pasadena, CA (St. Francis HS)
Jamieson Sheahan – P – 6-0 – 205 – 2020-22 – Bendigo, Australia (Geelong Grammar School)

Discussion from...

Scott Builds On Momentum At Cal’s Pro Day

2,817 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GivemTheAxe
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Scott's going to be playing on Sundays, for sure. And Kekoa Crawford ran a 4.42? Wow! Best of luck to these Bears! Dancy and Sheahan, too!
GivemTheAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Scott's going to be playing on Sundays, for sure. And Kekoa Crawford ran a 4.42? Wow! Best of luck to these Bears! Dancy and Sheahan, too!

Agree. I loved to see Scott blasting through the opposing line to sack the opposing QB on a 3d and short or 4th and short
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.