Story Poster
Photo by Cal Football
Cal Football

Bears Add Key Piece With Stanford OL Grad Transfer Barrett Miller

June 25, 2023

The Bears offensive line got some welcome good news with the signing of veteran Stanford offensive guard Barrett Miller as a grad transfer today.

The 6-5/310 senior started 35 games for the Cardinal at both left and right guard, including eight starts as a true freshman in 2019. Miller also earned All-Academic honors for three seasons as well.

As a 4 star prep at Eaglecrest High School near Aurora in Arapahoe County, Miller was rated at the top athlete in Colorado in 2019 and the #37 OT nationally as a senior, earning All-State honors before signing with Stanford. He also had offers from Cal, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Utah and more.

Miller becomes what is likely the final addition to Cal’s particularly strong 2023 portal recruiting class this year.

Discussion from...

Bears Add Key Piece With Stanford OL Grad Transfer Barrett Miller

16,925 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Cal Strong!
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

Cal Strong! said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal Strong! said:

For those who seem to think taking on furdies is a strong thing, Cal Strong has a few serious questions:

1. Do you wear red? Or do you still think the color is deplorable?

2. On an a scale of residential institutions from 1-10, 1 being Abu Ghraib and 10 being Cal, where would you rank stanfurd?

3. If stanfurd plays against Texas, who do you root for?

I love you Cal Strong but now you're being ridiculous. How about admitting it was a misguided post and you believe in redemption and are thrilled that Cal has picked up an experienced and talented OLineman to help our team in the upcoming season.

And as a principled and moral person you you would like to redeem any other Furdies talented enough to help our team.

Go Bears!
Cal Strong not sure furdies are capable of redemption. He suspicious this might be a trojan horse situation. If Miller miss a big block in the Big Game, Cal Strong is going to hold some people on this thread responsible. And that he will not forgive.

Cal Strong no see how this is any different than Brennan Scarlet. It evil then, and it evil now.

Scarlet left Cal for Stanford. That was good for Stanford and bad for Cal. Evil.

Miller left Stanford for Cal. That is good for Cal and bad for Stanford. Good.

Yeah, I mean, duh!

It's like not seeing any difference between somebody who takes your $1,000 versus somebody who gives you $1,000.
Cal Strong!
Big C said:

calumnus said:

Cal Strong! said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal Strong! said:

For those who seem to think taking on furdies is a strong thing, Cal Strong has a few serious questions:

2. On an a scale of residential institutions from 1-10, 1 being Abu Ghraib and 10 being Cal, where would you rank stanfurd?

I love you Cal Strong but now you're being ridiculous. How about admitting it was a misguided post and you believe in redemption and are thrilled that Cal has picked up an experienced and talented OLineman to help our team in the upcoming season.

And as a principled and moral person you you would like to redeem any other Furdies talented enough to help our team.

Go Bears!
Cal Strong not sure furdies are capable of redemption. He suspicious this might be a trojan horse situation. If Miller miss a big block in the Big Game, Cal Strong is going to hold some people on this thread responsible. And that he will not forgive.

Cal Strong no see how this is any different than Brennan Scarlet. It evil then, and it evil now.

Scarlet left Cal for Stanford. That was good for Stanford and bad for Cal. Evil.

Miller left Stanford for Cal. That is good for Cal and bad for Stanford. Good.

Yeah, I mean, duh!

It's like not seeing any difference between somebody who takes your $1,000 versus somebody who gives you $1,000.
It more like a cheating wife vs a guy who sleeps with someone else's wife.

Both are weak, evil, and immoral.

When Scarlett left, all of these types of posters were decrying him not simply for what we lost -- but also for the weak scumbaggery of going to the other side of this rivalry.

This just as scummy.
oskidunker
Its all right now. Just float up the yellow river to Cal.
Go Bears!
Rushinbear
Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Amidst a tech discussion of OL football, you rest your case on garment color and neighborhood desirability.
Where does Rushinbear get the impression that Cal Strong has rested his case? He just getting started. Where was neighborhood desirability even mentioned? Why he no answer the questions? Soft. As. Baby. Poop.

Rushinbear posting WEAK today. Cal not weak. Be more like Cal, less like you.
You're sounding like someone whose reputation hasn't been well received around here.
Cal Strong!
Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Amidst a tech discussion of OL football, you rest your case on garment color and neighborhood desirability.
Where does Rushinbear get the impression that Cal Strong has rested his case? He just getting started. Where was neighborhood desirability even mentioned? Why he no answer the questions? Soft. As. Baby. Poop.

You're sounding like someone whose reputation hasn't been well received around here.
People who care too much about their reputations WEAK!

Apparently, a stanfurd grad (1-year rental at Cal) is someone many people on this board want to celebrate.

Cal Strong no see it that way. Cal Strong hate everything about stanfurd.
Bobodeluxe
My senior year high school girlfriend went to Stanford. I still don't hate her for dumping me.
flounder
Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

his online persona/posts are corny.
Pittstop
So I assume that you hate Mongomery and Madsen, too? And John Ralston, and Bill Walsh (who once coached at Cal)? I think we're "celebrating" pulling a veteran P5 O-lineman who has started at the P5 level for multiple years to Cal, at a position of super-high priority. Regardless of where he came from. That he came from a program known for producing NFL-caliber OL is even better. That he happened to come from our arch rival is simply a bonus, and may have some positive residual benefit that Cal can use the next time we are competing with fURD for a recruit who is considering Cal vs Stanford.
KenBurnski
Every time that BI feeds the schtick-coma a puppy develops IBS.
Cal Strong!
Pittstop said:

So I assume that you hate Mongomery and Madsen, too? And John Ralston, and Bill Walsh (who once coached at Cal)? I think we're "celebrating" pulling a veteran P5 O-lineman who has started at the P5 level for multiple years to Cal, at a position of super-high priority. Regardless of where he came from. That he came from a program known for producing NFL-caliber OL is even better. That he happened to come from our arch rival is simply a bonus, and may have some positive residual benefit that Cal can use the next time we are competing with fURD for a recruit who is considering Cal vs Stanford.
Cal Strong no understand the love affair with Monty here. He was never better than average at Cal.

Cal Strong strongly advocated a penance plan for Madsen, requiring him to run stadium steps until he pukes and burning all of his stanfurd and red clothing.

Cal Strong dislike Bill Walsh, Herbert Hoover, Tiger Woods, Chelsea Clinton, Cory Booker, Mitt Romney, Phillip of Belgium, Elizabeth Holmes and every other illiterate degenerate who attended that insane asylum for the criminally moronic.

This not complicated or controversial. Everyone know that stanfurd has no redeeming value.
Californium
Bobodeluxe said:

My senior year high school girlfriend went to Stanford. I still don't hate her for dumping me.
Nor should you ... but you do hate her for going to Stanford, right?
Bobodeluxe
Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Well, we took classes together at UC Berkeley while seniors in hs, and I hate that she chose not to stay with me.

Water under the bridge.
Cal Strong!
Bobodeluxe said:

Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Well, we took classes together at UC Berkeley while seniors in hs, and I hate that she chose not to stay with me.

Water under the bridge.
I am sorry you dated someone who went to stanfurd. Cal Strong sense you feel differently, but trust Cal Strong . . . she did Bobodeluxe a HUGE favor.

Three strong questions to clear things up, since she ended up going to furd:

1. Did she have all her teeth?
2. Did she know how to read?
3. Did she leave you for her brother or cousin or uncle?
Civil Bear
Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Apparently, a stanfurd grad (1-year rental at Cal) is someone many people on this board want to celebrate.

If he helps us win a game or two, sure. The rivalry is fun and all, but hating Stanfurd more than Cal winning is the opposite of STRONG.
Cal Strong!
Civil Bear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

If he helps us win a game or two, sure. The rivalry is fun and all, but hating Stanfurd more than Cal winning is the opposite of STRONG.
Cal Strong would much rather Wilcox go 3-8 with a win against stanfurd than 5-7 with a loss against stanfurd.
calumnus
Cal Strong! said:

Civil Bear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Cal Strong would much rather Wilcox go 3-8 with a win against stanfurd than 5-7 with a loss against stanfurd.

What if instead Miller coming over from Stanford to Cal gets us to 6-6 (or better) with a win over Stanford and a bowl? Would you say it was good then?
Cal Strong!
calumnus said:

Cal Strong! said:

Civil Bear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Rushinbear said:

Cal Strong! said:

What if instead Miller coming over from Stanford to Cal gets us to 6-6 (or better) with a win over Stanford and a bowl? Would you say it was good then?
Wilcox will never do much better than 6-6. Cal Strong would be shocked if we win six games this year, even if you add more furd o-linemen.

And even if he did get to 6-6 this year, Cal Strong not thinking that a .500 record is something for which one should sacrifice one's integrity.

There were a ton of o-linemen coming out of HS and in the portal this year. Apparently, Wilcox wasn't able to recruit anyone better than a 1-year furd rental who is quite possibly a trojan horse.
Civil Bear
Cal Strong! said:

Civil Bear said:

Cal Strong! said:

Okay, but Miller defecting will only help Cal defeat the furd.
Big C
Cal Strong! said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Water under the bridge.
I am sorry you dated someone who went to stanfurd. Cal Strong sense you feel differently, but trust Cal Strong . . . she did Bobodeluxe a HUGE favor.

Three strong questions to clear things up, since ended up going to furd:

I also dated a Furd girl during my undergrad years. It was good. I was able to kind of get an inside look at their university: Didn't like the place. Made me appreciate Cal even more, which is part of why we broke up. So be it.

As an adult, I dated a former Stanfurd Dollie. Also pretty good; she didn't fit the stereotype at all.

During all this, I certainly wondered what would Cal Strong think about this, decades later... because I like Cal Strong and respect his feelings for Stanfurd. But then I decided to use Joe Kapp as a model, instead: You know, "WWJKD?". I asked myself that and figured he would say, "Of course we take their women!"
TomBear

Big C, your closing line is epic!!! Well played!!!!
Big C
TomBear said:

Big C, your closing line is epic!!! Well played!!!!

All credit to the late Joe Kapp, one of my all-time favorite Golden Bears. If he never said that, I'm 99% sure he would have. My inspiration.
RIP, Joe.
Cal Strong!
Big C said:

Cal Strong! said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Water under the bridge.

I also dated a Furd girl during my undergrad years. It was good. I was able to kind of get an inside look at their university: Didn't like the place. Made me appreciate Cal even more, which is part of why we broke up. So be it.

As an adult, I dated a former Stanfurd Dollie. Also pretty good; she didn't fit the stereotype at all.

During all this, I certainly wondered what would Cal Strong think about this, decades later... because I like Cal Strong and respect his feelings for Stanfurd. But then I decided to use Joe Kapp as a model, instead: You know, "WWJKD?". I asked myself that and figured he would say, "Of course we take their women!"
Cal Strong hope Big C used protection -- not just where one normally does, but also for his whole body, mind, and soul.
Big C
Cal Strong! said:

Big C said:

Cal Strong! said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Water under the bridge.

Cal Strong hope Big C used protection -- not just where one normally does, but also for his whole body, mind, and soul.
Big C fine. Big C venture into enemy territory, fraternize, come back unscathed and still full of fight. Big C knows enemy is soft as baby poop, believe me.
Cal Strong!
Big C said:

Cal Strong! said:

Big C said:

Cal Strong! said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Californium said:

Bobodeluxe said:

Water under the bridge.

Big C fine. Big C venture into enemy territory, fraternize, come back unscathed and still full of fight. Big C knows enemy is soft as baby poop, believe me.
Cal strong try not to judge Big C, and he very glad Big C survived unscathed. But if "fraternize" a codeword for sexual relations in this recounting, then Big C should probably choose a better codeword.

We all well aware of the stereotype that most furdies routinely fornicate with their blood relatives. So strong bears should be careful when using "fraternize" in reference to furds and romance.
Rushinbear
Haven't heard mention of Miller since the announcement. Not on current roster, either. What gives?
bearsandgiants
Rushinbear said:

Haven't heard mention of Miller since the announcement. Not on current roster, either. What gives?

Uh oh
oski003
Rushinbear said:

He shows on this roster.

https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster

Isn't that the official website for Cal Athletics?
bearsandgiants
oski003 said:

Rushinbear said:

He shows on this roster.

Yep. That's a relief. I did just check though and it wasn't there, but now it is. Maybe it was initially loading just the "pronunciation" list, which doesn't include him since it's a pretty common name, that or they just added it this am, but says last update was 7/20
CalBearinLA
bearsandgiants said:

oski003 said:

Rushinbear said:

He shows on this roster.

Yep. That's a relief. I did just check though and it wasn't there, but now it is. Maybe it was initially loading just the "pronunciation" list, which doesn't include him since it's a pretty common name, that or they just added it this am, but says last update was 7/20

He was featured on an Instagram post during the football teams' media days and he's on the directory. There's no concern that he's not here.
edwinbear
CalBearinLA said:

bearsandgiants said:

oski003 said:

Rushinbear said:

He shows on this roster.

He was featured on an Instagram post during the football teams' media days and he's on the directory. There's no concern that he's not here.

As Cal fans we have been conditioned to always expect the worst haha
Rushinbear
oski003 said:

Rushinbear said:

He shows on this roster.

I was looking at the BI Roster. Figured it would sync with the official (I don't go there, ordinarily).

Still, not mentioned here since the first post that I saw.

Good to hear it's confirmed.
BearGreg
Staff
The BI roster and depth chart have been updated
Cal Strong!
Cal football needs a Director of Morality to ensure this sort of thing never happens again.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.