My Washington prediction: More pain, more ulcers, more shots of wild turkey

2,623 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JimSox
CNHTH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.
I think deep down we all know what is coming and it isn't a 45-21 loss…
It's a 35-31 loss. One where we probably storm back and take a 31-21 lead inside of 4 minutes and then absolute lack of pride and effort coupled with crap play calling leads to the doom we all love and another sad case of crapping the bed.
How old blues have lived this long is beyond me.
What's even worse is I know what's coming and yet I somehow cannot resist the temptation to be vulnerable and excited.
Oakbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CNHTH said:


How old blues have lived this long is beyond me.

years of suffering leads to longevity, god has this plan LOL
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If your heart can't take it, clean the house while you're listening to the radio stream.
HateRed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's supposed to rain, but I will be at Husky Stadium. The upper decks are the worst seats in college football. I hate them, but luckily will not be seating there again. It is a nice setting though.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CNHTH said:

More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.
I think deep down we all know what is coming and it isn't a 45-21 loss…
It's a 35-31 loss. One where we probably storm back and take a 31-21 lead inside of 4 minutes and then absolute lack of pride and effort coupled with crap play calling leads to the doom we all love and another sad case of crapping the bed.
How old blues have lived this long is beyond me.
What's even worse is I know what's coming and yet I somehow cannot resist the temptation to be vulnerable and excited.


Being a Cal fan is a spiritual path.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"20.5 is a lot of points. I have some soul searching and thinkin' to do. 25 points would sucker me in."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

You think we will manage to score 31?

That seems optimistic.



72CalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry for the optimists who think we are even going to score more than 10 points. Even with Ott back the Bears have nothing to offer beyond what we've seen in our past 3 games. How do we now score against a ranked team?? To even be in this game the Bears will need 50. Drink your WT and endure the pain. Stay up to 11pm but have other fun things to do! Go Bears!
oskiswifeshusband
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why apply to Berkeley? So many valedictorians and students who did research and internships as a freshman in high school. Why even bother applying to a top 15 school huh? Might as well give up and don't bother applying.

Bunch of loser mentality in here.
philly1121
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why don't you tell us what your prediction is? And we can go from there.
oskiswifeshusband
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we'll win.
dmh65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will listen to the recording of Cal's 2022 loss to Washington, so that I am not surprised or disappointed. I predict that we lost 28-21.
philly1121
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oskiswifeshusband said:

I think we'll win.
Interesting analysis.
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I like it. Short and sweet. Guess we will all be watching with drinks in hand. I know I will.


GO BEARS!!
Start Slowly and taper off
oskiswifeshusband
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You asked for my prediction. That's my prediction.
OsoDorado
How long do you want to ignore this user?
philly1121 said:

oskiswifeshusband said:

I think we'll win.
Interesting analysis.
Hey philly: your response said more in 2 words than the original post did in 4. LOL !
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Being a Cal fan is a spiritual path.
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Trumpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

CNHTH said:

More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.
I think deep down we all know what is coming and it isn't a 45-21 loss…
It's a 35-31 loss. One where we probably storm back and take a 31-21 lead inside of 4 minutes and then absolute lack of pride and effort coupled with crap play calling leads to the doom we all love and another sad case of crapping the bed.
How old blues have lived this long is beyond me.
What's even worse is I know what's coming and yet I somehow cannot resist the temptation to be vulnerable and excited.


Being a Cal fan is a spiritual path.


Laced with LSD and hippie lettuce.....
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearHunter said:

Quote:

Being a Cal fan is a spiritual path.
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matty Dread! Yo, yo, yo!
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rain in the forecast Saturday evening in Seattle.
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe a repeat of the delayed lightening game that the Bears won.
Start Slowly and taper off
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My prediction:

Cal Berkeley Bears 40
Washington Huskies 39
philly1121
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UW 47 - Cal 14

Penix going for another 400 yard game. Too much offense. It's close in first half but they wear us down in the 3rd.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobodeluxe said:

Rain in the forecast Saturday evening in Seattle.
weather underground's forecast has trailing showers ending by 8pm / 57 degrees, ymmv..
https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/wa/seattle/date/2023-9-23
CALiforniALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
72CalBear said:

Sorry for the optimists who think we are even going to score more than 10 points. Even with Ott back the Bears have nothing to offer beyond what we've seen in our past 3 games. How do we now score against a ranked team?? To even be in this game the Bears will need 50. Drink your WT and endure the pain. Stay up to 11pm but have other fun things to do! Go Bears!


Ha, the game doesn't even start until nearly 11pm for us ACC Bear fans. To be honest I sometimes watch my bears over breakfast.
golden sloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My rational take: 38 - 14 UW. The bears try to slow the game with a lot of runs and they miss key field goals early, scoring a second garbage time td.

My irrational fear take: 49 - 0 UW. The offense is terrible and we try multiple QBs and Ott gets his head smacked again.

My irrationally optimistic take: 28 - 24 California. The defense gets several turnovers. Both Ott and Jackson have over a hundred yards on the ground with Ifanse having a good chunk as well. The passing game is barely good enough.
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone seen Penix play? Does he stand erect in the pocket or is he mobile and throws on the run?
JeffMcd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big test for our defense. Huskie O is seriously good. If we hold them to less than 30 this is a great result. They are light years better than any team we've faced to date. Pray for rain and a great performance from our D backs. Pray for LB Sirmon to have a career defining game.

As has been the case since Wilcox season 1 and the ridiculous Baldwin hire, the issue with Cal O is an anemic offense due to poor coaching.

Washington has fewer sacks than Cal (5 v 6). Can O line protect Finley (who I think should start) and can he move the ball through the air on long passes? If so, Ott / Ifanse can run on their D. Big test for Spav. Game 4. Time to prove he is a feared-by-opponent-coaches offensive strategist who keeps D's off balance. (Again, say a prayer….)

Everything has to go right for Cal to win. I'd like to see Wilcox get the team emotional and fired up for a fight. Cal has to punch Washington in the mouth from the get go. Cannot open like they did v Idaho or else it is a long night and a blow out.
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?



"Oh, stop it! You guys are killing me!"
panoramicknob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Penix is erect.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Penix has protection he is erect in the pocket, but when he has no protection he pulls out and runs.
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Make Penix uncomfortable all night long.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearHunter said:

Make Penix uncomfortable all night long.


Put a lot of pressure on Penix and he will release prematurely.
Chapman_is_Gone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearHunter said:

Has anyone seen Penix play? Does he stand erect in the pocket or is he mobile and throws on the run?

I've watched him and I can confirm that Penix has excellent size. Penix often stands very erect, yet explodes in the hole whenever he sees the opportunity. Penix prefers targeting the tight end or the wide receiver.
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are due for a turnover on special teams,probably on our first possession.
Go Bears!
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.