My Washington prediction: More pain, more ulcers, more shots of wild turkey

3,131 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JimSox
CNHTH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.
I think deep down we all know what is coming and it isn't a 45-21 loss…
It's a 35-31 loss. One where we probably storm back and take a 31-21 lead inside of 4 minutes and then absolute lack of pride and effort coupled with crap play calling leads to the doom we all love and another sad case of crapping the bed.
How old blues have lived this long is beyond me.
What's even worse is I know what's coming and yet I somehow cannot resist the temptation to be vulnerable and excited.
Oakbear
CNHTH said:

years of suffering leads to longevity, god has this plan LOL
BearHunter
If your heart can't take it, clean the house while you're listening to the radio stream.
HateRed
It's supposed to rain, but I will be at Husky Stadium. The upper decks are the worst seats in college football. I hate them, but luckily will not be seating there again. It is a nice setting though.
calumnus
CNHTH said:

More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.
It's a 35-31 loss. One where we probably storm back and take a 31-21 lead inside of 4 minutes and then absolute lack of pride and effort coupled with crap play calling leads to the doom we all love and another sad case of crapping the bed.
What's even worse is I know what's coming and yet I somehow cannot resist the temptation to be vulnerable and excited.

Being a Cal fan is a spiritual path.
bearister

"20.5 is a lot of points. I have some soul searching and thinkin' to do. 25 points would sucker me in."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig

You think we will manage to score 31?

That seems optimistic.

72CalBear
Sorry for the optimists who think we are even going to score more than 10 points. Even with Ott back the Bears have nothing to offer beyond what we've seen in our past 3 games. How do we now score against a ranked team?? To even be in this game the Bears will need 50. Drink your WT and endure the pain. Stay up to 11pm but have other fun things to do! Go Bears!
oskiswifeshusband
Why apply to Berkeley? So many valedictorians and students who did research and internships as a freshman in high school. Why even bother applying to a top 15 school huh? Might as well give up and don't bother applying.

Bunch of loser mentality in here.
philly1121
Why don't you tell us what your prediction is? And we can go from there.
oskiswifeshusband
I think we'll win.
dmh65
I will listen to the recording of Cal's 2022 loss to Washington, so that I am not surprised or disappointed. I predict that we lost 28-21.
philly1121
oskiswifeshusband said:

I think we'll win.
Interesting analysis.
sonofabear51
Well, I like it. Short and sweet. Guess we will all be watching with drinks in hand. I know I will.

GO BEARS!!
Start Slowly and taper off
oskiswifeshusband
You asked for my prediction. That's my prediction.
OsoDorado
philly1121 said:

oskiswifeshusband said:

I think we'll win.
Interesting analysis.
Hey philly: your response said more in 2 words than the original post did in 4. LOL !
BearHunter
Quote:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Trumpanzee
calumnus said:

CNHTH said:

More, more, more
Bring on the chest pain.

Laced with LSD and hippie lettuce.....
Bobodeluxe
BearHunter said:

Quote:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matty Dread! Yo, yo, yo!
Bobodeluxe
Rain in the forecast Saturday evening in Seattle.
sonofabear51
Maybe a repeat of the delayed lightening game that the Bears won.
Start Slowly and taper off
okaydo
My prediction:

Cal Berkeley Bears 40
Washington Huskies 39
philly1121
UW 47 - Cal 14

Penix going for another 400 yard game. Too much offense. It's close in first half but they wear us down in the 3rd.
smh
Bobodeluxe said:

Rain in the forecast Saturday evening in Seattle.
weather underground's forecast has trailing showers ending by 8pm / 57 degrees, ymmv..
https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/wa/seattle/date/2023-9-23
CALiforniALUM
72CalBear said:

Sorry for the optimists who think we are even going to score more than 10 points. Even with Ott back the Bears have nothing to offer beyond what we've seen in our past 3 games. How do we now score against a ranked team?? To even be in this game the Bears will need 50. Drink your WT and endure the pain. Stay up to 11pm but have other fun things to do! Go Bears!

Ha, the game doesn't even start until nearly 11pm for us ACC Bear fans. To be honest I sometimes watch my bears over breakfast.
golden sloth
My rational take: 38 - 14 UW. The bears try to slow the game with a lot of runs and they miss key field goals early, scoring a second garbage time td.

My irrational fear take: 49 - 0 UW. The offense is terrible and we try multiple QBs and Ott gets his head smacked again.

My irrationally optimistic take: 28 - 24 California. The defense gets several turnovers. Both Ott and Jackson have over a hundred yards on the ground with Ifanse having a good chunk as well. The passing game is barely good enough.
BearHunter
Has anyone seen Penix play? Does he stand erect in the pocket or is he mobile and throws on the run?
JeffMcd
Big test for our defense. Huskie O is seriously good. If we hold them to less than 30 this is a great result. They are light years better than any team we've faced to date. Pray for rain and a great performance from our D backs. Pray for LB Sirmon to have a career defining game.

As has been the case since Wilcox season 1 and the ridiculous Baldwin hire, the issue with Cal O is an anemic offense due to poor coaching.

Washington has fewer sacks than Cal (5 v 6). Can O line protect Finley (who I think should start) and can he move the ball through the air on long passes? If so, Ott / Ifanse can run on their D. Big test for Spav. Game 4. Time to prove he is a feared-by-opponent-coaches offensive strategist who keeps D's off balance. (Again, say a prayer….)

Everything has to go right for Cal to win. I'd like to see Wilcox get the team emotional and fired up for a fight. Cal has to punch Washington in the mouth from the get go. Cannot open like they did v Idaho or else it is a long night and a blow out.
Blueblood

"Oh, stop it! You guys are killing me!"
panoramicknob
Penix is erect.
calumnus
When Penix has protection he is erect in the pocket, but when he has no protection he pulls out and runs.
BearHunter
Make Penix uncomfortable all night long.
calumnus
BearHunter said:

Make Penix uncomfortable all night long.

Put a lot of pressure on Penix and he will release prematurely.
Chapman_is_Gone
BearHunter said:

Has anyone seen Penix play? Does he stand erect in the pocket or is he mobile and throws on the run?

I've watched him and I can confirm that Penix has excellent size. Penix often stands very erect, yet explodes in the hole whenever he sees the opportunity. Penix prefers targeting the tight end or the wide receiver.
oskidunker
We are due for a turnover on special teams,probably on our first possession.
Go Bears!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.