Official BI Jared Goff vs Faux Hawk Boy Game Thread

11,147 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by oski003
72CalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

All these games have been blowouts. A close Lions win would be great
Well??
72CalBear
sonofabear51 said:

That should do it. Great job Goff and St. Brown.
Cal throwing to U$C.
JimSox
Collinsworth: "Jared Goff, from the opening play tonight, was ON it. He was confident. He believed in himself."
Then he went on about Goff being restructured as a quarterback, whatever that means, and that it took three years to build him back up, and how that paid one of the great dividends in Detroit history.
Kind of a left handed compliment?
Grrrrah76
When the Rams sent Goff to Detroit, the consensus was he was a former #1 quarterback sent to a place where good players go to disapear. He didn't deserve that and proved the naysayers wrong.
Anarchistbear
Goff for Stafford worked out well for both players and teams
Bear Naked Ladies
So happy for Jared.

And thanks to the Cowboys being the Cowboys, the city of Detroit gets a second home playoff game against the winner of the Eagles-Bucs game.
philly1121
If Jerry gives Dak an extension, I think I'm going to throw away every piece of Cowboy memorabilia I have. I'm done with him.
bearister
Grrrrah76 said:

When the Rams sent Goff to Detroit, the consensus was he was a former #1 quarterback sent to a place where good players go to disapear. He didn't deserve that and proved the naysayers wrong.

…and he finally earned Collinsworth's respect, who has trashed him since the day he got drafted (as has Greg Papa).
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
ducky23
I'm so happy for Jared. He deserves it. He will forever be a hero in Detroit
JimSox
bearister said:

Grrrrah76 said:

…and he finally earned Collinsworth's respect, who has trashed him since the day he got drafted.

Yes he did. More Collinsworth:
"He was under tremendous pressure tonight, no matter what he wants to say… He won this game in the first half. They came out slingin' it in the first half. Some of the throws that he made, they were absolutely brilliant. And you just have to be happy for him. You really do. Mathew Stafford got his Super Bowl ring. For Jared Goff, tonight was that night."
WalterSobchak
"Mathew Stafford got his Super Bowl ring. For Jared Goff, tonight was that night."

This ain't no compliment.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
ducky23
If I weren't a niners fan, I'd be rooting so hard for the Lions to win the Super Bowl.

Lions fans remind me so much of ourselves. I don't think there's a fan base that deserves it more. I don't think there's a city that deserves it more.
okaydo

JimSox
WalterSobchak said:

"Mathew Stafford got his Super Bowl ring. For Jared Goff, tonight was that night."

This ain't no compliment.

Maybe not. But I just think he meant that Goff beat the Rams and Stafford in a game that really mattered.
okaydo
WalterSobchak
okaydo said:

The night Cobbs beat Zona Goff and some other guys came running out of Haas jumping around and running up the path towards Sproul in celebration. He's literally one of us. He's our guy. A Bear to the core.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
sycasey
ducky23 said:

If I weren't a niners fan, I'd be rooting so hard for the Lions to win the Super Bowl.

Lions fans remind me so much of ourselves. I don't think there's a fan base that deserves it more. I don't think there's a city that deserves it more.
You can also make arguments for Cleveland, Buffalo, or Minnesota.
BearoutEast67
Goff is the anti-Rodgers - staying classy in his responses to the media about the Lions kicking the Rams a$$e$
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
sonofabear51
Minnesota can go pound sand. The others, yes I agree with.
Start Slowly and taper off
ducky23
sycasey said:

ducky23 said:

You can also make arguments for Cleveland, Buffalo, or Minnesota.

I guess if you're talking about just sports sure (though Cleveland has won a recent title)

But non sports wise, I don't think there's a major city in America who has had it rougher than Detroit.

golden sloth
Just got back from watching the game and all I have to say is **** Cris Collinsworth, he has an irrational hatred of Goff, and any compliment of him is backhanded in nature. I dont know why this dude cant be neutral at the least.

**** that guy! Hopefully he never announces another game again.
WalterSobchak
Not sure if this will work but here goes:

https://packaged-media.redd.it/mb6hxy4i1icc1/pb/m2-res_854p.mp4?m=DASHPlaylist.mpd&v=1&e=1705309200&s=b6699b0086643c0f203c7d1ae9b2740865044cdd#t=0

oski003
Congrats Jared!

BearSD
golden sloth said:

Just got back from watching the game and all I have to say is **** Cris Collinsworth, he has an irrational hatred of Goff, and any compliment of him is backhanded in nature. I dont know why this dude cant be neutral at the least.

You are going to want to watch next week's Lions game with the TV sound off, because it's on NBC Sunday afternoon.
golden sloth
BearSD said:

golden sloth said:

You are going to want to watch next week's Lions game with the TV sound off, because it's on NBC Sunday afternoon.

As fortune has it, I will be missing next week's game as i will be on a plane to Switzerland for a little snowboarding action in the Alps.
okaydo
Cal88 said:

okaydo said:

Aaron Rodgers looked like a bust his first season.

Mike McCarthy came in for year 2 and hired a coach Tom Clements, who put Rodgers through 3 off seasons of QB school before Rodger started his first game.

Who is the Packers current QB coach? Tom Clements.

Yeah, no, Rodgers was not going to be a bust, he was the real thing coming out of Cal and wasn't made by some QB coach

I didn't say Rodgers was going to be a bust. I said he looked like a bust his rookie year.

This is Bob McGinn, longtime Packers beat reporter, on Rodgers in 2012:

From The New York Times in 2011:

Rodgers could've ended up great with other coaches. Perhaps. We'll never know.

But we do know that the same guy who coached Rodgers for three offseasons before he ever started a game and continued to coach him as he won his first Super Bowl and MVP is the same guy who coached Jordan Love the last two offseasons. And Love has looked incredible, too, after initially not looking so good.

bear2034

I've never seen a crowd chanting someone's name before the game.

What an amazing atmosphere!

Jared Goff! They love him.
Wife Strong
Cal Strong and I were only able to watch the highlights, but it looks like it was a great game. We were overseas for almost all of Goff's career, but we were able to see him in person at the Northwestern game in Evanston. That was such a fun time!
okaydo
bear2034 said:

I've never seen a crowd chanting someone's name before the game.

What an amazing atmosphere!

Jared Goff! They love him.

Lindsey Thiry covered Goff's rookie year for the Los Angeles Times. She's seen it all.
bearsandgiants
I'm not sure I could boo that much as stafford gave his life to that team for the better part of my adult one, and they used him like shop rag. No support or investment in a decent line which probably took a decade off his own life.

Hearing 60k fans go nuts hearing "cal" and "Jared Goff" was a thing of beauty, tho. They are definitely the story of this playoff season. Hopefully the nfl is willing to write another chapter for them in this year's script.
okaydo
September 2016:

Red Hot Chili Peppers welcome the Rams back to LA.

Singer Anthony Kiedis wearing a Goff jersey.

January 2024:

Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith welcomes Lions to playoffs.
okaydo
I was scrolling through my Twitter timeline.

And one LA Times headline read that Goff "barely" got revenge.

Then I saw this, a more positive spin. And it's by Sam Farmer, who has been covering Goff since the draft.

bearister
ducky23 said:

If I weren't a niners fan, I'd be rooting so hard for the Lions to win the Super Bowl. …

Sonny to Calogero in A Bronx Tale.

49ers? They don't care about you. Ask Jed York to pay your rent and see what he tells you. The Niners don't care about you, why should you care about them?
Jared Goff loves you as a fellow Bear. He would pay your rent.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
Poetic justice - Cowboys lose and the Lions get another playoff game at home.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.