Traveling to Auburn Game 2024?

2,484 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by wifeisafurd
ferCALgm2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone planning on going to the Auburn game this year? Bonus if you're taking any little ones as well...

I always dreamed of making trips with the family to Cal away games as a way to travel and support the team. I have little ones, but playing with the idea of making the trip to this game and pairing it with a stop in Atlanta.

Open to any tips and suggestions. Might also post/ask the same later in an Auburn forum.

Go Bears!

P.S. Also excited about new destinations while in the ACC!
mbBear
ferCALgm2 said:

Is anyone planning on going to the Auburn game this year? Bonus if you're taking any little ones as well...

I always dreamed of making trips with the family to Cal away games as a way to travel and support the team. I have little ones, but playing with the idea of making the trip to this game and pairing it with a stop in Atlanta.

Open to any tips and suggestions. Might also post/ask the same later in an Auburn forum.

Go Bears!

P.S. Also excited about new destinations while in the ACC!
The only thing I would say, in terms of little ones and relative to what they are used to: the potential for it to be hot and humid is definitely going to be on the table....
JSC 76
Chatting with Auburn fans last fall, who said that anyone planning to travel there should book a hotel early. There are limited accommodations in Auburn.
JTfromClash
i'm waiting to see what road trip we are taking after the ACC dates are released on Jan 31.
Eastern Oregon Bear
I don't travel much and this may be an obvious point to make, but the Atlanta airport is HUGE. If you aren't stopping in Atlanta for a day or two, it is a very long walk between terminals. I had a 2 hour layover last month in Atlanta (my first time there) and the gate I arrived at was in one terminal and the connecting flight left from a gate 2 terminals over. Between the walk lugging a carry on bag and a laptop and having a bite to eat, it took me most of that 2 hours. On the way back, I discovered that there was a tram between terminals and it only took me about 10-15 minutes on the way back. So, look for the tram system.

As for Auburn, I haven't been there, but I was pleasantly surprised by Tuscaloosa, which I expect is similar. The people were very nice and I saw little of the "Roll Tide!" obnoxiousness I was expecting, even though it was the week after the Iron Bowl and before the SEC Championship Game. I only saw it from a couple of the people I was meeting with who I knew had only moved to Tuscaloosa in the last 3-5 years.
Strykur
I am pretty deadset on going just need to find the Airbnb and it's a done deal
mbBear
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I don't travel much and this may be an obvious point to make, but the Atlanta airport is HUGE. If you aren't stopping in Atlanta for a day or two, it is a very long walk between terminals. I had a 2 hour layover last month in Atlanta (my first time there) and the gate I arrived at was in one terminal and the connecting flight left from a gate 2 terminals over. Between the walk lugging a carry on bag and a laptop and having a bite to eat, it took me most of that 2 hours. On the way back, I discovered that there was a tram between terminals and it only took me about 10-15 minutes on the way back. So, look for the tram system.

As for Auburn, I haven't been there, but I was pleasantly surprised by Tuscaloosa, which I expect is similar. The people were very nice and I saw little of the "Roll Tide!" obnoxiousness I was expecting, even though it was the week after the Iron Bowl and before the SEC Championship Game. I only saw it from a couple of the people I was meeting with who I knew had only moved to Tuscaloosa in the last 3-5 years.
Only people who walk between terminals want the walk...the tram is easy for sure....
by the way for all: Staying near the Airport and driving down to Auburn isn't the worst thing...or any of the towns in between...Montgomery will be pretty packed too.....
ferCALgm2
Bumping this up again.

We're narrowing down our plans and trying to get the max experience in the area and visit 3 states. Flying in to Nashville and spend few days there, then stay in Atlanta the remaining time. Looks like Atlanta to Auburn is ~2 hour drive. Since we need to fly out Sunday, may be easier to just drive there for the game and drive back after, as we'll be flying out of ATL. If the game ends up being a late game, it'll get tricky...
JTfromClash
Nashville is pretty awesome place. Broadway is a nonstop party. Love all the music.

Yeah I'm still debating on whether to go to Auburn or Tallahassee. But most likely Auburn. Already booked a room for Auburn.
SBGold
JTfromClash said:

Nashville is pretty awesome place. Broadway is a nonstop party. Love all the music.

Yeah I'm still debating on whether to go to Auburn or Tallahassee. But most likely Auburn. Already booked a room for Auburn.
What is the hotel situation like for an Auburn trip?
JTfromClash
Pricey! I went to ND and stayed in downtown Chicago a few nights. The prices for Auburn about the same as a nice downtown Chicago hotel
TheDuke!!!
Will this be considered a conference game -- since we were going to play them anyway even if we were still in the Pac-12?

I remember when Colorado joined the Pac, we had a game already scheduled with them that first year. It was classified as a non-conference game.
Bobodeluxe
Que?
75bear
TheDuke!!! said:

Will this be considered a conference game -- since we were going to play them anyway even if we were still in the Pac-12?

I remember when Colorado joined the Pac, we had a game already scheduled with them that first year. It was classified as a non-conference game.
Auburn will never be a conference game.
calumnus
TheDuke!!! said:

Auburn is in the SEC. You might be thinking of Clemson or Florida State who are both in the ACC (our new conference)?
wifeisafurd
Stay in Hotlanta and drive down. Under 2 hours at normal times. On game days, just get to Auburn early.
TheDuke!!!
Sorry posting while tired in a different continent. I am someone who knows that when awake
WalterSobchak
It's too bad for fans that they didn't flip the dates for SDSU and either Auburn or FSU so they would be back-to-back and one trip could see both. I assume coaches preferred the break for preparation purposes.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
bencgilmore
WalterSobchak said:

It's too bad for fans that they didn't flip the dates for SDSU and either Auburn or FSU so they would be back-to-back and one trip could see both. I assume coaches preferred the break for preparation purposes.
had the same thought. want to go to both but the extra 500-1000$ for the second flight will be annoying
Strykur
bencgilmore said:

WalterSobchak said:

had the same thought. want to go to both but the extra 500-1000$ for the second flight will be annoying
Just having both so close together is a drag, if we played Florida State in October or November then I would contemplate going to Tallahassee but having 2 trips within a couple of weeks of each other is a bit much, also if we did have Auburn and Florida State back-to-back that would have been a lousy deal for the team, at least we get a breather in Berkeley in-between.
flounder
spent enough time at fort benning to never need to spend another day in the columbus/auburn area
bearsandgiants
75bear said:

TheDuke!!! said:

Auburn will never be a conference game.

Never say never!
BearInTennisShoes
Re Atlanta: the Braves are in town that weekend, fyi
wifeisafurd
BearInTennisShoes said:

Re Atlanta: the Braves are in town that weekend, fyi
Sounds like Moraga will be angling for one of those multi-sports weekends.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.