Jackson Sirmon in the Senior Bowl

1,254 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by HoopDreams
Bearly Clad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I watched the game today while doing some other work so I might've missed some plays but Sirmon had a pretty good day from what I noticed. There was one series on the goal line where he had a batted down pass on 2nd down (looked like he might've been able to pick it since he got 2 hands on it) and the next play had a tackle on a QB scramble on 3rd round to force a punt. He had a couple other tackles in the game but that one series was his biggest impact.

He also reportedly had a very strong week in practice. ILBs don't usually thrive in senior bowl practices since there's no tackling and they're matching up in coverage against some of the best RBs and TEs in the country. Sirmon's coverage all week was reportedly very impressive though as he had multiple INTs and PBUs.

The Senior Bowl is one of the best ways for recruits to get in front of scouts and up their profile during draft season and an ILB showing up in coverage can bump a draft grade significantly so Sirmon really helped himself heading into his NFL career
oski003
Bearly Clad said:

I watched the game today while doing some other work so I might've missed some plays but Sirmon had a pretty good day from what I noticed. There was one series on the goal line where he had a batted down pass on 2nd down (looked like he might've been able to pick it since he got 2 hands on it) and the next play had a tackle on a QB scramble on 3rd round to force a punt. He had a couple other tackles in the game but that one series was his biggest impact.

He also reportedly had a very strong week in practice. ILBs don't usually thrive in senior bowl practices since there's no tackling and they're matching up in coverage against some of the best RBs and TEs in the country. Sirmon's coverage all week was reportedly very impressive though as he had multiple INTs and PBUs.

The Senior Bowl is one of the best ways for recruits to get in front of scouts and up their profile during draft season and an ILB showing up in coverage can bump a draft grade significantly so Sirmon really helped himself heading into his NFL career

Why did the other team punt from the goal line?
Bearly Clad
Yea I could've worded that better, I should've made it clear that the offense was backed up on their own goalline
HoopDreams

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.