UFL former Bear QB

1,860 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by JadenceBear
RonO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saturday morning I was flipping through TV channels. There was a Memphis UFL football game with about one minute to go. And .... Chase Garbors completes a TD pass for the 20-19 win, with three seconds left in the game.
bear2034

Underestimate Chase Garbers at your own peril.
bearsandgiants
Why on earth do they refer to all the teams by their names instead of the cities they represent? I just see a long list of random animals and other weirdness instead of maybe a city I might be interested in getting behind. Such a wasted opportunity. Are they at least playing these in different places this year?
calumnus
bearsandgiants said:

Why on earth do they refer to all the teams by their names instead of the cities they represent? I just see a long list of random animals and other weirdness instead of maybe a city I might be interested in getting behind. Such a wasted opportunity. Are they at least playing these in different places this year?

Spot on. There are a lot of multimillion dollar enterprises run by morons.
oskidunker
bearsandgiants said:

San Antonio, I think
Go Bears!
golden sloth
Good on Garbers!

He never had the NFL arm, but he had the talent to be a good college quarterback. I don't know if I will ever get over how horribly Musgrave utilized him. Musgrave minimized all of Garbers' strengths while forcing him into his weaknesses.
calumnus
golden sloth said:

Good on Garbers!

He never had the NFL arm, but he had the talent to be a good college quarterback. I don't know if I will ever get over how horribly Musgrave utilized him. Musgrave minimized all of Garbers' strengths while forcing him into his weaknesses.

Exactly, with too many people on this board then hating on Garbers. Of the 7 years under Wilcox the 2 best QB performance were Garbers in 2019 followed by Garbers in 2021.

Musgrave was a horrible hire. Worse that Wilcox kept him for 3 years.
cal83dls79
Weird, like cal football colors. These guys just keep playing. Look at paws. Looks like A's game attendance
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
BearSD
cal83dls79 said:

Weird, like cal football colors. These guys just keep playing. Look at paws. Looks like A's game attendance
Yeah, instead of large college or pro stadiums, UFL should follow the A's lead and play in a minor-league baseball park, where they can easily fit everyone in attendance...
cal83dls79
BearSD said:

cal83dls79 said:

Yeah, instead of large college or pro stadiums, UFL should follow the A's lead and play in a minor-league baseball park, where they can easily fit everyone in attendance...
mid America, like Sacramento or Berkeley

Names: Berkeley Atoms, Polka Dot Sacs, Orange Man Crew, Stoney Burke 9
okaydo
Wow. I never heard of this "UFL former Bear QB." Did he play under Tedford?
NVBear78
I like his team colors
chazzed
You love to see it!
bluehenbear
Any other former Golden Bears playing in the UFL?
JadenceBear
Garbers placed on IR and is expected to be out the rest of the season per https://athlonsports.com/nation/ufl/news/san-antonio-brahmas-chase-garbers-injured-reserve-kelechi-anyalebechi-cameron-dantzler

Kevin Hogan (yeah, Stanford's previous QB) was then signed for San Antonio Brahmas's 3rd QB spot per https://pfnewsroom.com/news/san-antonio-brahmas-sign-qb-kevin-hogan-in-place-of-garbers/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.