Let's Pick the ACC Games: Week 2

1,200 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by GoOskie
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First full slate of games for the new season and conference. I went 1-1 last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/121763
As usual, odds are for the home team, my wild guess picks in italics.

UC Davis @ Cal -20.5: Season opener, FCS opponent, no announcement on starting QB. Translation, Cal wins but under performs and doesn't beat the spread. Hope to be proven wrong.

TCU @ Furd +9.5: No idea how either team is going to perform this year, but taking Furd to beat the spread in this one.

North Carolina A&T @ Wake Forest -34.5: Just a feeling the Demon Deacons cover.

Western Carolina @ NC State -33.5: Too much firepower allows NC State to cover.

North Carolina @ Minnesota +1.5: Mack Brown will never be forgiven. Cal fans always root against him wherever he's coaching. Gophers beat the spread.

Elon @ Duke -22.5: Duke fans get at least one week before pining for the start of basketball. Duke covers.

Clemson @ Georgia -13: Bulldogs make Cujo look like a french poodle. Georgia covers.

Virginia Tech @ Vanderbilt +13.5: Southern hospitality means that Tech covers and thanks their hosts.

Austin Peay @ Louisville -34.5: Austin Peay says thanks for the payday while Louisville covers.

Kent State @ Pittsburgh -23.5: Pittsburgh shows enough to cover.

Miami @ Florida +3: This should be a pretty good game. Giving the Gators the edge at home so they beat the spread.

Ohio @ Syracuse -17.5: Syracuse gets off to a good start and beats the spread.

Richmond @ Virginia -19.5: Hard game to call, but taking the Cavaliers to barely cover.

Georgia State @ Georgia Tech -21.5: Tech keeps the momentum going and covers.

Boston College @ Florida State -17: Seminoles bounce back with a win but don't beat the spread.

Houston Christian @ SMU -43.5: Mustangs win convincingly, but this spread is way too high.
wifeisafurd
1-1 in week zero. This is somewhat of a crap shoot since I know so little about these programs.

Cal and giving points. Don't think Davis is a walk over, but I hope Cal is underrated.

Furd and taking points. Think an improved Furd keeps it close after initial first game jitters. SMU has to play another even later west coast night game, but has enough in the tank to win the game, but not cover

NCAT and taking points. Flipped a coin on this one. Can Wake even score 35 points?

NC State and giving points. Everyone keeps saying State is the real deal.

Golden Gophers and giving points. Going with the home team.

Duke and give points. Manny Diaz's first game as Duke HC, and the Duke players show their gratitude with an impressive game over a school that I would confuse with Musk's first name.

Georgia and give points. Hope it is a good game, but Georgia is a scary team.

Hokies and giving points. Hokies get essentially all their starters back and Vandy has issues.

Kent State and taking points. Flipped a coin

Cuse and giving points. Another coin flip.

Richmond and taking points. This would be a good basketball game. Richmond tied for its conference championship and Virginia was at the bottom of the ACC. Ugly game which Virginia pulls out a win.

Georgia Tech and give points. Agree with Tex's analysis

FSU and give points. Agree with Tex's analysis

Huston and take points. Hate large spread games. When does SMU bench its two-deeps?

Miami and taking points. The battle of talented, under performing programs. Miami is riding high with former Pac stars Ward and Martinez, but also is starting 4 new DBs. Thinking Miami wins a shoot out that will even make Sonny Dykes proud.

Anarchistbear
UrsusTexicanus said:

First full slate of games for the new season and conference. I went 1-1 last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/121763
As usual, odds are for the home team, my wild guess picks in italics.

UC Davis @ Cal -20.5: Season opener, FCS opponent, no announcement on starting QB. Translation, Cal wins but under performs and doesn't beat the spread. Hope to be proven wrong.

TCU @ Furd +9.5: No idea how either team is going to perform this year, but taking Furd to beat the spread in this one.

North Carolina A&T @ Wake Forest -34.5: Just a feeling the Demon Deacons cover.

Western Carolina @ NC State -33.5: Too much firepower allows NC State to cover.

North Carolina @ Minnesota +1.5: Mack Brown will never be forgiven. Cal fans always root against him wherever he's coaching. Gophers beat the spread.

Elon @ Duke -22.5: Duke fans get at least one week before pining for the start of basketball. Duke covers.

Clemson @ Georgia -13: Bulldogs make Cujo look like a french poodle. Georgia covers.

Virginia Tech @ Vanderbilt +13.5: Southern hospitality means that Tech covers and thanks their hosts.

Austin Peay @ Louisville -34.5: Austin Peay says thanks for the payday while Louisville covers.

Kent State @ Pittsburgh -23.5: Pittsburgh shows enough to cover.

Miami @ Florida +3: This should be a pretty good game. Giving the Gators the edge at home so they beat the spread.

Ohio @ Syracuse -17.5: Syracuse gets off to a good start and beats the spread.

Richmond @ Virginia -19.5: Hard game to call, but taking the Cavaliers to barely cover.

Georgia State @ Georgia Tech -21.5: Tech keeps the momentum going and covers.

Boston College @ Florida State -17: Seminoles bounce back with a win but don't beat the spread.

Houston Christian @ SMU -43.5: Mustangs win convincingly, but this spread is way too high.

Cal
TCU
Something called A and T
NC State
NC
Duke
Georgia
Va Tech
Louiville
Kent State
Florida
Ohio
Richmond
GaTech
Florida State
SMU
BearSD
Bears win, don't cover
TCU
Wake wins, doesn't cover
NCSU
UNC
Duke wins, doesn't cover
Georgia
VT
Louisville
Pitt wins, doesn't cover
Florida
Syracuse
UVa wins, doesn't cover
GT wins, doesn't cover
FSU
SMU wins, doesn't cover
72CalBear
You all must have alot of time on your hands! Cal over Davis although Aggies cover.. TCU over Stanford beats spread.. That's it for me!
Bring back bottled beer and cigars at CMS. Should get us back in the Rose Bowl!
chalcidbear
Bless you for continuing this series. Although I was an ardent contributor while we were in the PAC-12, I am totally ignorant about the ACC, and thus will not be participating here this year (at least). Good luck to all you prognosticators.
OneKeg
Went 2-0 last week picking the two dogs.

UC Davis +20.5 @ Cal (my prediction: Cal 34 UCD 17)
Stanford +9.5 vs TCU (can I root for both teams to lose?)
Western Carolina +33.5 @ NC State (only because NC State may be looking ahead to Tennessee)
Minnesota +1.5 vs. North Carolina (wishful pick, screw UNC)
Elon +22.5 @ Duke
Georgia -13 vs. Clemson (wishful pick, screw Clemson)
Virginia Tech -13.5 @ Vanderbilt
Austin Peay +34.5 @ Louisville
Pittsburgh -23.5 vs. Kent State
Florida +3 vs. Miami (FL)
Syracuse -17.5 vs. Ohio
Richmond +19.5 @ Virginia
Georgia State +21.5 @ Georgia Tech
Boston College +17 @ Florida State (wishful pick, screw FSU)
SMU -43.5 vs. Houston Christian

GoOskie
Cal 42 - Davis 16
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.