See an example College GameDay coming to WSU/Pullman

1,028 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by sycasey
Gobears49
How long do you want to ignore this user?
College GameDay comes to Pullman. Can Cal fans match the enthusiasm of Cougar fans? I'm concerned they cannot. What do you think?

college gameday pullman

Eastern Oregon Bear
Gobears49 said:

College GameDay comes to Pullman. Can Cal fans match the enthusiasm of Cougar fans? I'm concerned they cannot. What do you think?

college gameday pullman
I'm sure the remarkable streak of the big WSU flag being waved on every Game Day show for about 20 years had more than a little to do with Game Day coming to Pullman. Maybe Cal can get it done by 2040 if we start on that now.
petalumabear
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Gobears49 said:

college gameday pullman
I'm sure the remarkable streak of the big WSU flag being waved on every Game Day show for about 20 years had more than a little to do with Game Day coming to Pullman. Maybe Cal can get it done by 2040 if we start on that now.
I think gobears49 should take this on as his raison d'tre.... god knows he's so good at leading the charge and doing the work and research necessary including making the calls, sending the emails and having the discussions with people face to face.

*that oughta keep him busy for a while.
Gobears49
Cal fans, perhaps including the people organizing Cal sports events, are really missing out if they don't show some enthusiasm in supporting big Cal sporting events. Guess only country folks up in eastern Washington can do that. They, at least, know how to have fun.

Go Bears.
sycasey
If Cal actually had a good enough team to get GameDay to show up, I think the fans would show out in a similar fashion. Remember how jazzed up the fanbase was before Tennessee in 2007 (the last time GameDay would have realistically come to Berkeley)? It would be like that.
Gobears49
I doubt many GameDays are preceded by a "Tennessee like" fan enthusiasm. I think the ball is your court to prove that.
Johnfox
Gameday at Memorial glade would look amazing
Gobears49
I agree!!! The perfect location for it.

I'm totally new to all of this, and know nothing about how early a GameDay game is typically scheduled befpre it is played.

But if we beat UC Davis, Auburn, and San Diego St. to start off the season, I think that might be suffiicient for ESPN GameDay to schedule Gameday at Cal for their fifth game this season, against Miami, since Cal would still have a winning record before that game even if we lose to Florida St. in our fourth game this season.
Gobears49
An article indicating potential GameDay games this season. I'm actually not a regulzr Gameday viewer and probably have only viewed three or four GameDay telecasts through the years, but it seems from the article below that GameDay coverage of games are not normally set in stone far in advance.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-gameday-location-predictions-each-week-2024-college-football-season

Anarchistbear
Gobears49 said:

An article indicating potential GameDay games this season. I'm actually not a regulzr Gameday viewer and probably have only viewed three or four GameDay telecasts through the years, but it seems from the article below that GameDay coverage of games are not normally set in stone far in advance.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-gameday-location-predictions-each-week-2024-college-football-season

Wait…you've only seen 3 or 4 throughout the tenure?

Yet this is the abiding passion of your life?
Gobears49
It's clearly not/. I've only watched a few trelecasts of GameDays and not for the full show. If Cal is on it it's a totally different deal.

One item I should mention if Cal is on GameDay, a lot more people will attend the game if they are willing to show up early to personally watch the GameDay event beforehand, bringing in more revenue for Cal. They may also want to tape it so watch it again later when they get home.
kirklandblue
Definitely going to need to have the vibe and attendance improve but if, IF, we're 4-0 going into the Miami game, maybe the fact that we're one of a handful yet to have Gameday works in our favor as a network promotional gimmick. As always, I hope.
StillNoStanfurdium
Anarchistbear said:

Gobears49 said:

Dude's MO that I've seen on BI is finding one specific topic and then adopting it as their posting passion. I think this is the same person that felt very strongly about a statue commemorating The Play outside Memorial Stadium.
sycasey
StillNoStanfurdium said:

Anarchistbear said:

Gobears49 said:

Dude's MO that I've seen on BI is finding one specific topic and then adopting it as their posting passion. I think this is the same person that felt very strongly about a statue commemorating The Play outside Memorial Stadium.

And also that Cal should have formed its own new west coast conference with former Mountain West teams rather than join the ACC. Same guy, same spamming.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.