Auburn or Florida State? Away game travel.

679 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by bearsandgiants
Ro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello. Wife gave me one weekend to myself. Thinking about going to a road game but can't decide between Auburn and FSU. Auburn seems fun, but FSU is more relevant these days. What do yall think?
ferCALgm2
My thinking was that who knows when we'll play Auburn or a team in Alabama again. Being in the same conference now, we know we'll play at FSU again, and definitely in Florida again with also having UM.
Ro
Precisely my thinking. But something about FSU that keeps drawing me in. I've been doing some research; FSU really makes it a weekend event. For instance, they do a block party the Friday before the game where they have food vendors, a live band, rallies, and other fun activities. But like you said, we'll probably not see Auburn again.
wifeisafurd
You can easily get travel to and a hotel room or other good housing in Atlanta, which is a fairly short ride to Auburn. Tallahassee is mess getting to and any housing within a 3 hour distance of Tallahassee is hard to come by and very expensive. Unless you already have a contact located near Tallahassee, go to the Auburn game. As for the game experience between FSU and Auburn, they are both great, but I think most people give the edge to FSU. Both venues will be loud, hot, and humid.
cubzwin
For the Auburn game, there'd be no reason to stay in Atlanta unless you just want to be in Atlanta. There are available local motels that look clean and new. Atlanta is easy to fly into but the traffic there is legendary horrible. If you want something nicer than a 3 star motel you can stay in Montgomery--57 minute drive to Auburn.

Auburn is a "real college town". Nice campus. I'm sure FSU will also be a great experience, too. Loud entusiastic crowds and of course it will be hot in Alabama on Sept 7 at 230. Hasn't been very humid lately--almost no rain in past 4 weeks.
bearsandgiants
cubzwin said:

For the Auburn game, there'd be no reason to stay in Atlanta unless you just want to be in Atlanta. There are available local motels that look clean and new. Atlanta is easy to fly into but the traffic there is legendary horrible. If you want something nicer than a 3 star motel you can stay in Montgomery--57 minute drive to Auburn.

Auburn is a "real college town". Nice campus. I'm sure FSU will also be a great experience, too. Loud entusiastic crowds and of course it will be hot in Alabama on Sept 7 at 230. Hasn't been very humid lately--almost no rain in past 4 weeks.
Everyone's situation is unique, but our group chose to fly into Atlanta and stay in Atlanta for a few reasons. There's a free air train from the airport to the convention center where several hotels are located, in addition to the car rental facility. Hotel prices are dirt cheap by today's standards (think Hampton inn for $119/night) with cheap car rental right there, and no need to do anything. Also, the airport is southwest of Downtown Atlanta, and the traffic mayhem (or most of it), as is Auburn, so you already have a head start. We fly in Friday night, stay at the local cheapie, get up early and rent a car at 9am for 24 hours, drive less than two hours to Auburn (gaining an hour along the way due to time change), tailgate, game, maybe dinner in Auburn after, maybe not. Drive back and turn car in, walk back to hotel, easy night sleep, air train to airport one stop in the morning, fly home sunday. It's about as perfect as it can get, as long as the flight works out, so that was our plan anyhow. Go Bears!
bearsandgiants
bearsandgiants said:

cubzwin said:

Everyone's situation is unique, but our group chose to fly into Atlanta and stay in Atlanta for a few reasons. There's a free air train from the airport to the convention center where several hotels are located, in addition to the car rental facility. Hotel prices are dirt cheap by today's standards (think Hampton inn for $119/night) with cheap car rental right there, and no need to do anything. Also, the airport is southwest of Downtown Atlanta, and the traffic mayhem (or most of it), as is Auburn, so you already have a head start. We fly in Friday night, stay at the local cheapie, get up early and rent a car at 9am for 24 hours, drive less than two hours to Auburn (gaining an hour along the way due to time change), tailgate, game, maybe dinner in Auburn after, maybe not. Drive back and turn car in, walk back to hotel, easy night sleep, air train to airport one stop in the morning, fly home sunday. It's about as perfect as it can get, as long as the flight works out, so that was our plan anyhow. Go Bears!
And while it "looked" nice two days ago, there are now three different potential threats in the next 7 days for Auburn, but all are low likelihood.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.