Non-Cal Game Thread

2,091 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by BarcaBear
golden sloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clemson trailing Georgia by a pair of TDs.

Vtech trailing Vanderbilt by a TD early in the 4th.
golden sloth
Vtech Pulling in front 27 - 20 with 4:20 left.
golden sloth
Overtime in Nashville for Vtech vrs. Vanderbilt
UrsusTexicanus
Georgia's defense is scary.
Bearly Clad
It's a rough week for the ACC. Obviously FEU lost to another ACC team but was a "top" ACC team that lost. UNC squeaked out a win vs Minny but did not look good at all. Va. Tech was a dark horse ACC contender and just lost in OT to Vandy. Stanford lost to TCU in a game that wasn't as close as the score suggests and did not look good, their QB can run though. Duke, Pitt, Louisville, NC State and Wake cruised to wins against some subpar opponents although Wake, Pitt, and Duke weren't as dominant as you'd hope and NC State was in a fight for a lot of the game. Clemson lost to a very good team but indicated they're not top tier in CFB this year (at least yet). SMU did not look very good against a bad UNR team.

There's a lot of football to be played and the 12-team playoff allows for some leeway but overall this was a really rough week 0/1 for the ACC so far in terms of national standing
Strykur
UrsusTexicanus said:

Georgia is scary.
This, when they bring their A game they look like NFC South contenders.
VolunteerReverie
#15 Tennessee 69, UT Chattanooga 3

Before anybody says anything about cupcakes, keep this in mind: Chattanooga is ranked #8 in the FCS rankings. They're supposed to be very good at that level.

Long Beach native Nico Iamaleava threw for 314 yards and three touchdowns… in the first half.
Bear_Territory
UCLA down 10 to Hawaii and Oregon only up 14 on Idaho almost midway through the 3rd.
calumnus
VolunteerReverie said:

#15 Tennessee 69, UT Chattanooga 3

Before anybody says anything about cupcakes, keep this in mind: Chattanooga is ranked #8 in the FCS rankings. They're supposed to be very good at that level.

Long Beach native Nico Iamaleava threw for 314 yards and three touchdowns… in the first half.

Yes, also Idaho who Oregon is up by 14 on is FCS #7 and UC Davis who played us tough in the first half and kept our offense in check is FCS #17.
BearSD
Fresno is hanging tough at Michigan, they're down only 16-10 with 10 minutes left.
calumnus
BearSD said:

Fresno is hanging tough at Michigan, they're down only 16-10 with 10 minutes left.

Tim Skipper is a great coach for Fresno and someone to keep an eye on.
BearSD
The Idahoes have cut Oregon's lead to 17-14...
bearister

*Can't some kid in the Cal Band use his iPhone to put together a Bears version of this? Any ideas for the video?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
chazzed
Conference foes Boston College and Florida State are going at it right now in Florida.
eastbayyoungbear
Florida State looks like trash. We might be OK there in a couple weeks.
bearsandgiants
I don't think they look like trash. I think BC looks fired up and well-prepared. They would smoke out version of a football team from last weekend. We need to come out with that same fire. FSU gets what it deserves for being dicks. It's awesome.
eastbayyoungbear
bearsandgiants said:

I don't think they look like trash. I think BC looks fired up and well-prepared. They would smoke out version of a football team from last weekend. We need to come out with that same fire. FSU gets what it deserves for being dicks. It's awesome.
FSU's passing game is highly disjointed and their line play on both sides is bad, particularly their O-line, which is communicating badly. They look like us in the first quarter on Saturday, and hence, look more trash than not.
SBGold
bearister said:

*Can't some kid in the Cal Band use his iPhone to put together a Bears version of this? Any ideas for the video?
We are by the Bay, so I think something like the Bears fighting off a tsunami wave
golden sloth
eastbayyoungbear said:

bearsandgiants said:

FSU's passing game is highly disjointed and their line play on both sides is bad, particularly their O-line, which is communicating badly. They look like us in the first quarter on Saturday, and hence, look more trash than not.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that the Cal game will be when FSU starts to put it all together and look dominate?
chazzed
It is very odd that Florida State begins this season with two conference games.
golden sloth
I feel like FSU's head coach tried to make a statement to his team on that 4th down, and the team replied with a giant 'no thanks'.
BearSD
DJU throws a pick, and BC tacks on another TD for a 21-6 lead.
TedfordTheGreat
I hope fsu doesnt put it together by our game
Strykur
TedfordTheGreat said:

I hope fsu doesnt put it together by our game
Will they swap QBs is the big question
SLTX Bear
bearister said:

The Trojan Horse imagery unfortunately for them is a great unintentional self-own
Anarchistbear
I didn't realize Bill O'Brian was the BC coach. Pretty good pedigree for a half ass program
Strykur
Anarchistbear said:

I didn't realize Bill O'Brian was the BC coach. Pretty good pedigree for a half ass program
He is a Boston guy and BC could be very formidable when we visit next year
Bowlesman80
[url=https://x.com/Aaron_Torres][/url]Hilarious!!!
[url=https://x.com/Aaron_Torres][/url]

"Just win, baby."
sycasey
FSU needs to move to a conference more on their level. I think the Sun Belt has room.
Bowlesman80
sycasey said:

FSU needs to move to a conference more on their level. I think the Sun Belt has room.
Notice how their stadium seems to have cleared out.
Norvell is a victim of his own success.
High and/or "paid-for" expectations make for dramatic mood swings in support.
"Just win, baby."
Bowlesman80
Bowlesman80
Cam Ward:
"DJ Who?"

"Just win, baby."
golden sloth
Is Florida State's season effectively over by the end of Week? It will be interesting to see if they can rebound, but I'd have to imagine there might be a bit of a disappointment hangover.
sycasey
golden sloth said:

Is Florida State's season effectively over by the end of Week? It will be interesting to see if they can rebound, but I'd have to imagine there might be a bit of a disappointment hangover.

Yeah, they've already lost two conference games. Hard to see a path for them to even get the playoff auto-bid as conference champion.
Bowlesman80
SLTX Bear said:

bearister said:

The Trojan Horse imagery unfortunately for them is a great unintentional self-own
So the Trojans are secretly Greeks?

Did everyone notice some of the familiar refs?
Did everyone notice the preferential officiating?
SEC fans notice the difference.
And SEC fans are not ones to whine... about officiating, anyway.
"Just win, baby."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.